The West was warned. Now it is paying the price

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Proud_Muslim, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

Robert Fisk: The West was warned. Now it is paying the price of the 'war on
    terror':

Civilians are now to die in Europe as brutally as they have died in Bali and
    Tunisia and Istanbul and - let us, for a moment, see the world through another prism - as they have been torn to pieces by our bombs in afghanistan and Iraq.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5852.htm

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MacM Registered Senior Member

Proud Muslim,

Lets us just hope other muslims have better sense than to commit suicide for a ludricrus and losing cause.

You hurt your people and the muslim religion by vial and ignorant assaults. Such events as Spain, even the horrific 9/11 event are mere scratches on the surface and only bring about the devastation of many more arabic lives.

The West will win. It has nothing to do with any God. There is no such thing and this nonsense of "My God is tougher than your God" is absolute insanity.

Continue to march down this path and kiss your mother, father, brothers, sisters and any children or future generations of grandchildren, etc., good bye for they will all be dead, gone and buried as civilized nations continue to thrive.

You can respond in any fashion you choose, I will not be debating this issue. It is undebatable and non negotioable. BYE.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It is very sad that those who want to control the world their ways cannot allow others that believe in any other type of political system to exist. That shows the world there's disrespect for all others that don't want to be ruled by their own laws not of the laws of the Islamic fanatics that would put the world back to the stone age. Respect is given to the Islamic nations that don't create problems for other types of thinking in the world today. Why is it that so many must pay the ultimate price because they happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time when terrorists blow up something. I'm certain most of those killed weren't all supporters of the Spanish government and some may have been Islamic too.

Terrorists kill so many that don't have anything at all to do with what the governments are doing that the terorists causes will be diminished because more people will hate them for killing their families. Most people that adhere to Islamic tradition aren't terrorists but the few that create the problems just want to start problems and gain control through extortion means. Either you do as we say or we will blow you up, that's basically what terrorists are saying. It is either their way or death to everyone not in lock step with them. That type of attitude will bring more problems to the terrorists because people will turn against them in their own countries and then that will be their demise.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. otheadp Banned Banned

on sept 10 2001 there was no 'war on terror' yet the next day 3000 people were killed

the thinking of "if we'll let them get away with it maybe they'll stop" does not work
    or "if we don't help america maybe they won't attack us" doesn't work either
    we're not dealing with rational people here
    or some formal organization with clear long-term objectives (well except one - islam will take over the world)
    only short-term ones (kill kill kill the infidel)

what we're dealing with is religious fanatics, pure and simple
    there is no way to appease them. NO WAY

islamist terrorism is a plague like communism and fascism was
    and it too will fall

give it a decade or 2

Last edited: Mar 16, 2004
  8. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

So your saying that all citizens are responsible for the stupidities of their gvts?

In that case, presumably you'll understand why Afghanistan needed to be invaded, and perhaps you would support the bombing of SAudi Arabia, or China, or indeed of every other opressed and opressing country in the world.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The terrorists were warned, too. Now they have lost control of Afghanistan and Iraq, and many are under arrest. They will lose this war, all the power of the free world is against them. We will not appease them with their pathetic claims of injustice. They have been practicing injustice as a lifestyle for so long they are blind to it. Not everyone supported Iraq, but about Bin Laden, everyone can agree- that nail which sticks up will get hammered down.

10. MacM Registered Senior Member

guthrie,

Not sure who you were addressing here but I'll respond for my part. The people only become responsible when they join in and celebrate the actions of such oppressive governments and/or terrorists.

Just as Afganistan was given notice to hand over the terrorists, or else, and they chose "Or Else". We attacked the goverment, not the people. Same in Iraq. We liberated the people from S.A. and we are killing those that continue to want to be oppressors. We are aiding those that want freedom and do not attack us.

11. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"We attacked the goverment, not the people. Same in Iraq."

That statement is untrue. To get to the governments, we tore through the flesh of everyday people by the tens of thousands, and the survivors will not forget this.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Not that many everyday people died, soldiers, the ones that didn't walk away died. Iraqi civilians were killed, but astoundingly few due to technological advances, but they were not attacked. That implies that the U.S. delibrately targeted civilians, which is not true. Not tens of thousands, perhaps ten thousand total. The Iraqis are too concerned about their everyday life to care much about international politics, and too proud to admit they needed the help of infidels. Those that do care, and those that were oppressed by Saddam, are very happy to have him in jail now.

13. otheadp Banned Banned

the survivors will not forget this

you bet they won't
    US has a new best friend in the middle east.
    if not now, then in a few years when Iraq gets stabalized.

14. RonVolk Registered Senior Member

otheadp, I agree with you.
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/03/16/sprj.irq.poll/index.html
    If we did "tear through the flesh of thousands" they still seem to like us for it.

"And almost half -- 49 percent -- of those questioned believe the invasion of their country by U.S. and British troops was right, compared with 39 percent who said it was wrong."

Maybe after Bush loses reelection here he can run for Iraqi President. LOL

15. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Not that many everyday people died on Sept. 11 either. I'm betting that more than 3000 "everyday people" died in Afghanastan & Iraq since and because of 9/11.

16. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Would you believe an American said this?! Sounds like Islamic fundamentalist terrorist talk to me.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  17. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Cosmic,
    What I've done below is replaced the word terrorists with "western government" and governments with "terrorist". (Islamic is also replaced with "western"). I think it reads and applies just as well:

"Western Governments" kill so many that don't have anything at all to do with what the "terrorists" are doing that the "western governments" causes will be diminished because more people will hate them for killing their families. Most people that adhere to "western" tradition aren't "western governments" but the few that create the problems just want to start problems and gain control through extortion means. Either you do as we say or we will blow you up, that's basically what "western governments" are saying. It is either their way or death to everyone not in lock step with them. That type of attitude will bring more problems to the "western governments" because people will turn against them in their own countries and then that will be their demise.

18. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Cosmictraveller:
    You fail to realize that humans are quick to lick the crack of their oppressors.

Gee, I wonder how hard it was for the Mongols- no, a more recent example is need considering you may get lost in my refereces- the Taliban, I wonder how hard it was for them to keep all those rebellions down in Afghanistan. Those assholes were plucked out, not kicked out.

Spidergoat:
    Nope- the Muslim commoner is far more informed, in international politics and otherwise, than his Western Christian counterpart. And this makes him impassoned in his cause, which means he can only strike in blind emotion.

THAT'S why this so called war on terror will never end if its against people such as this that you are up against. Robert Fisk writes:

"I don't believe this is the Third World War. Nor is it a "war on
    terror". Nor is it a "war of civilisations". But our own leaders are
    wilfully leading us into a period of appalling suffering because they
    will not address the causes of injustice in the Islamic world.

Repeatedly, our leaders were told of the consequences of participation
    in America's Iraqi folly. They lied to us. They told us about weapons of
    mass destruction that didn't exist, about links between Iraq and 11
    September 2001 that didn't exist. Now, trapped in Iraq, we are desperate
    to scuttle away, leaving behind us a half-trained force of collaboration
    police who will - supposedly - shed their blood for ours."

They don't give a flying rat's ass if you are either for, against, or standing shoulder to shoulder with them. Just so long as you are there and NOT Muslim makes you an infidel. Period.

This is the mentality one is up against. A religious poodle with rabies.

19. MacM Registered Senior Member

Gendanken,

ANS: ANd that is very unfortunate since it means they will all be lost. But civilized mankind cannot simply step aside and allow others to decide they and only they should rule the world and that only they must survive. Those that think like that bring about their own demise.

20. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

"the west was warned"
    That annoys me. Who are the "east" to threaten the west at all.
    We all know the "west" could litterally cleanse the earth of the "east" in 24 hours.
    But the west likes to be liked by its citizens, citizens who happen to think political correctness is more important that their lives and country.
    I just hope this fact doesn't let these sneaky rat bastards gradually win this war that only they are really fighting.

The west's lenient attitude is totally unnatural, here they have people openly oposed to their existence, feeblishly biting at their feet. And they are, for all intents and purposes, being ignored.
    Imagine a shrew biting a lion repeatedly on the legs, if the lion just sits there contemplating the ethical dilemma of attacking a shrew for too long the shrew is eventually going to start to do damage.

And people complain about bush, thats what really makes me laugh, could he be any softer? Do you want him to send flowers? Obviously leaving them alone as they threaten the destruction of his country and its allies isn't "nice" enough for you ned flanders wannabes.

I'd prefer it if he just threw bombs over there untill the threats stopped, not because I'm concerned about my safety with terrorist attacks, but because its unnatural to tolerate threats from a far weaker source. It would similarly irritate me to see a pod of killer whales flee from a few porpoises.
    Turn around and fuck them up, nothing personal middle east, but when you harrass a clan that is bigger, stronger, and generally far more formiddable than yourself you are asking for it. Thats the way the planet operates. It doesn't matter who's "right", does a lion care about stealing a cheetah's hard earned meal? No, it takes it because it can.
    I find it irksome enough that the human species isn't in conflict for territorial rights of the earth, we are a global species now, I didn't want us to become one, but now we are, lets act like one.
    Even if the middle east were minding their own business, america HAS the capability to reap the rewards of taking them over, so technically they should be.
    But its worse than that, they are stirring shit, its almost like their instincts are surprised the west hasn't rendered them extinct and they're saying "come on! just freaking do it already".

I'm not "right wing" or any of that shit. I'm an ethology and natural history enthusiast. And this is just a lame era, and a lame display of animal instincts.
    The west should be ashamed of itself, and the east should be thanking its lucky stars the west is so dysgenic and screwed up.

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

If you put it like that Dr Lou I almost have to agree, except that my political correct upbringing is kicking in and is clouding my judgement.

22. Zarkov Banned Banned

Simple guys, together or blown ap...part

or slow radiation mutation into a cancer feeding upon a rotting body.

I am sure LIFE could not careless.....

Do you care...... obviously the slimy terrorists or what they represent, ? their children's future..... they care.

Bombs in the backyard.... I think the money rapists need to be put on trial..... I am innocent, are you?

23. Eddie Registered Senior Member

Proud Muslim,

Let us, for a moment, see the world through at least one other prism - Because the United States and its allies intervened, no more will hundreds of thousands of Muslims per decade disappear, be raped, tortured, brutally murdered and thrown into mass graves by the ruthless regime of Saddam, the dictator of Iraq. Does this not soften your heart at least a little bit?

Yes, the citizen casualties are hard to take at this time and we pray for the souls of those who have died there this past year due to the foreign intervention. However, unlike Saddam, the United States and its allies are not purposefully targeting citizens and their presence in Iraq is temporary. Saddam's dictatorship was in Iraq to stay. Should the world have stood by, doing nothing, allowing this man and his regime to facilitate more mass-murders against Muslims?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004