The Worst Time of Day to Drink Booze

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by certified psycho, Aug 25, 2003.

1. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

The worst time of day to drink is lunchtime. Just a single alcoholic beverage at lunch can significantly impair your ability to drive and even cause you to flunk a roadside breathalyzer test, reports HealthCentral of new research from Great Britain that was published in Occupational and Environmental Medicine. The effect that one drink at lunch has on your mental state is exacerbated by the natural dip in alertness that affects most of us in the afternoon. And the effect is even greater for those who didn't sleep well the previous night.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

maybe it is the best time to drink then. Economical and such if you need so little and still get the desired impairment function or disfunction.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I think lunchtime is the best time to start drinking.
    Especially in the summer.
    When I start too late I drink too fast and end up incoherent, too early and I pass out before anything good happens, lunch time is perfect.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I find that eating something while I drink helps reduce the effect of the alchol somewhat. I never drink more than 2 shots of brandy whenever I drink. I don't drink but once a week outside my home and only a glass of wine or two at home with a meal, usually dinner. I don't drink everytime I go out either because I don't need to. If you ever need a drink, then you have a BIG PROBLEM I think.