These are not my words (on bin laden).

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Bruce Wayne, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

These are not my words:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What's Up, CNN?

Brad Biggers writes:

I wanted to point out the tremendous discrepancy between CNN's "transcript of [bin Laden's] remarks" and al-Jazeera's "full English transcript" of bin Laden's videotaped speech released last week, as reported on those networks' Web sites.

The al-Jazeera version is 2,299 words long, and states that it was translated from the subtitles that appeared at the foot of the screen in Arabic.

CNN's purported "transcript" is only 699 words long, and says it was translated by an editor.

Numerous other differences can be found between the two transcripts. These differences are mostly omissions on CNN’s behalf; however, at one point the two transcripts were in polar opposition to one another:

(from al-Jazeera) We have found it difficult to deal with the Bush administration in light of the resemblance it bears to the regimes in our countries, half of which are ruled by the military and the other half which are ruled by the sons of kings and presidents.

(from CNN) We found no difficulties in dealing with the Bush administration, because of the similarities of that administration and the regimes in our countries, half of which are run by the military and half of which are run by monarchs.

Perhaps CNN is unaware of the meaning of the word transcript?

Posted by: Matthew Barganier on Nov 02, 04 | 11:28 am | Comments? | link
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.antiwar.com/blog/index.php?id=P1404

Aah! the Orwellian free world.

:m:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Overdose From the steppes of Mongolia Registered Senior Member

Well, Americans are ok if someone lies to them. -see 2004 Election Results

Everyone in Europe, Asia... knows that CNN is the worst news channel in the world. (but the best in technology and technics)

So no problems there...They are used to lies now.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

You know, I noticed the exact same thing. Odd, isn't it?

Either way, it doesn't matter. The words are meaningless to the average American reactionary. All that it took to flock to the Bush banner was the image of Osama. No more. No less.

God, I hate them.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

Everyone in Europe, Asia... knows that CNN is the worst news channel in the world.

Nah thats gotta be Fox.
    Dee Cee

8. Overdose From the steppes of Mongolia Registered Senior Member

Fox is not even a TV Channel in my opinion. Its just a big joke..not even worth talking about it.

9. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

I don't think we can get fox news in the UK. But i notice loads of comments slagging it off here. What is the problem with it, i'm curious?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

FOX was first to wrap themselves in the flag during the Afghanistan and then Iraq invasions (and rake in the advertising $$$$), and selectively present events in a way that would, coincidentally or not, please Karl Rove.

We have new influencial Americans now- leaders who aren't really all that famous, in comparison to the influence they wield. Leaders who don't even come into the minds of most Americans when we think of "Leaders". Yet we have optimistically just re-elected a President who is spiritually and cognitively in way over his head.

11. slotty Colostomy-its not my bag Registered Senior Member

Oh right, thanks for the info

12. vslayer Registered Senior Member

i get fox here, after about 10pm prime cant afford to buy anything good so they just plug in the live feed from fox. its total patriotic shit, not a word of truth on it. i saw one show wher some guy was try to raise money to send gift baskets to american terrorsists in iraq, he wanted to raise more than moores anti war fund to prove that americans support the war.

that is total bullshit, not only is it in support of terrorism, but it also asks the americans to prove their idiocy

13. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Slotty, fox is owned, was started by Rupert Murdoch. Do you really need to know any more? Think like the Sun, but on TV.

14. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

The problem with Fox is it's not a wholly owned subsidiary of the DNC like most other US networks.