Three Experiments Challenging SRT

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Masterov, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Masterov Registered Senior Member

I was unable to translate this phrase from the English language.

I could not translate this phrase from the English language.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

L is the distance between the travellers in the reference frame in which they are moving with velocity v.

L' is the distance between the travellers in the reference frame in which they are at rest (i.e. in the reference frame moving along with the travellers).

I don't speak Russian, so I don't see how I can make it clearer than that.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

One of the ways Masterov dodges criticisms is by claiming he can't read it.

Other times he has no trouble at all.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Masterov Registered Senior Member

In the problem of the two travelers and the dog: L '= L.
    This little problem only shows that dog's times (in different directions) will be different:
    \(t'_1=L/(c+v)\)
    \(t'_2=L/(c-v)\)

In the problem (with two mirrors, with a photon and with a moving observer) times will be different too, but to this added to the visual relativistic effect: the distance between the mirrors will become smaller (visual). Therefore:

\(L'=L(1-v^2/c^2)\)
    \(t'_1=L'/(c+v)=L(1+v/c)/c\)
    \(t'_2=L'/(c-v)=L(1-v/c)/c\)

TEST:

\(t'_1+t'_2=L(1+v/c)/c+L(1-v/c)/c=2L/c=t_1+t_2\) - is true!

8. Masterov Registered Senior Member

My English is not good really.
    I use Google's translator, that to read and write English.
    Long sentences is very difficult to understand for me.
    Me is difficult to understand those posts of an authors of which use the English language as a foreign language.

I ask to write simple and short sentences.
    Then I can respond to your posts.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  9. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

You've always had a problem doing frame changes. That was clear from your touting of Andrew Banks's work.

You must be aware you've not read enough relativity, that you've never been able to do simple homework problems expected of undergraduates learning special relativity (likewise for logic and countability). Yet you presume, without evidence and even contrary to explicit evidence, you have capabilities in such things. You know you've never done any relativity yet you continue with this laughable attitude.

10. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

Your notation is confusing. Why are you putting primes (') on your variables here? Why t' instead of t?

I'll use your earlier notation. The times are different, like you said:

\( \begin{eqnarray} T_{1} &=& \frac{L}{c + v} \,, T_{2} &=& \frac{L}{c - v} \,. \end{eqnarray} \)​

But the distances travelled by the dog are also different:

\( \begin{eqnarray} X_{1} &=& \frac{L}{1 + v/c} \,, X_{2} &=& \frac{L}{1 - v/c} \,. \end{eqnarray} \)​

in both cases, \((X_{i})^{2} \,-\, (cT_{i})^{2} \,=\, 0\).

11. brucep Valued Senior Member

Masterov: I'm curious? Are there public science forums in your native tongue?

12. brucep Valued Senior Member

It's hard to believe you had to write that down. What's been your main area of scientific research? If you wouldn't mind saying.

13. chinglu Valued Senior Member

No, excuse me, your friend measured his own L' from the context of measurements of the moving frame.

How exactly would you know measurements in the moving frame?

Are you going to use ESP?

So, as we can see, you are in error.

14. chinglu Valued Senior Member

You do not seem to understand.

You do not measure your frame in units of the moving frame.

You measure them in units of your own frame.

That is the error you made.

You claimed your measurements are a result of measurements of the moving frame. That is not SR.

You use your measurements and construct measurements in the moving frame.

So, you and AN are in error.

15. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

Correction, you're the one who doesn't understand.
    Which frame is moving, how do you tell?
    The answer is, you can't tell. That's relativity.

So, therefore, which frame is primed (marked, if you will, as being in uniform motion) and which isn't is an arbitrary choice made by an observer.

16. Masterov Registered Senior Member

I do not understand the meaning of your dispute.

I'd like to read the clear wording of the problems that caused the dispute.

17. Masterov Registered Senior Member

Yes.

18. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

Quantum information. Mostly I've been doing theoretical work related to quantum cryptography in the last 18 months or so.

19. przyk squishy Valued Senior Member

I have no idea what you're talking about. If you know a quantity in one reference frame, then with enough information you can work out the quantity in another frame. That's what the Lorentz transformation is for. In this case, \(L\) is given in the first frame I'm considering, and you can work out \(L'\) in a boosted frame that matches the velocity of the travellers. You get \(L' = \gamma L\). I gave a [POST=2959149]full, systematic derivation from the Lorentz transform here[/POST]. If you think the result is wrong, you are welcome to point out an error in that.

I don't think you're qualified to be telling anyone here what SR is and isn't.

20. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

No, I'm going to use knowledge and ability. Concepts you seem unfamiliar with.

21. brucep Valued Senior Member

Thanks for your reply.

22. chinglu Valued Senior Member

Please look at LT and prove your case.

A frame measures its own context and then LT translates this to the other frame coordinates.

In short, you are frame mixing.

You must use your frame measurements and then use LT to translate.

So, your equations are all wrong. You cannot use the other frames information for your own measurements.

23. OnlyMe Valued Senior Member

In practice that may be accurate. The case here is a hypothetical where the values in the "other" frame are given. In that situation the "other" frame can be treated, as known and the LT used to translate the other way.

Yes that was said very awkwardly. The point is przyk was working with the hypothetical as it had been presented. What it seems you are saying is that the hypotheical was set up in the wrong way or direction. Seems przyk began with a similar point of view and then applied the math to the situation as it was presented to him.

IOW The LT can be used to transform between any two inertial farms of reference, so long as one is fully known and the relative velocity or velocities of the two are known. Neither need be the rest frame of the observer. There are layers upon layers....