To Atheists: How did you come to terms with having no purpose in the world?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by CheskiChips, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

What an amazingly infantile display of ignorance.

An "inherent value" (whatever that might mean) would be devoid of any real value. My values are chosen, and therefore of great significance.
    Value without election is nothing but reaction, and therefore sterile.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

I went to your link Emil. I can understand why this is your "purpose"

It seems like a clever idea to me. Congratulations. Glad you have it patented, at least in Romania.

Unfortunately, my Romanian, is a little rusty

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So tell me are the multi-stages shown in your fig.24 connected in series or parallel? (could be either depending on the application, but what do you discuss?

As you note those multi-chambers on the same shaft can go a long way to solving the dynamic balance problems. I also note that your sealing problem is much less than in the Wankel engine as in one full rotation your blade only cycles the short distance of the difference between the two cylinders but the Wankel seal goes all the way around the circumference of a large cylinder. - Much more friction and wear.

Summary: I like your elegant idea - I will make a post in that thread, giving you an idea as to how it can be made even better.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Emil Valued Senior Member

Our friend Cheski,noticed something sensible.
    But has nothing to do with atheist or theist.
    Yes, some people lose their purpose.They feel that nothing is important, nothing makes sense and can not find any logic to live.
    Because of this,they get to alcohol, drugs and even suicide.
    I opsevat that usually the people with above-average intelligence, have this problem.
    And what is not logical answer to their question, and they are smart, you can not "fool" them.
    The worst state to reach a doctor.I understand, but I'm not sure, is the problem of hormones.
    I think a doctor could say exactly which substance from the brain, is responsible for the state of mind.
    It is the only pragmatic,logically answer.
    But a "believer" will never accept that, and then, he have a big problem.And again reach to faith, and the circle is closed.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CheskiChips Banned Banned

: (

Well, if you're created then you inherit value. That seems simple enough. Your crafty argot is no match for not being a clod. People change their minds 7 times before they buy milk, your accepted values are transient and not widely accepted. I live in a society; when you live in one, and you disagree with them...then you're sterile.

Thanks for that bit of wisdom; however, I opsevat that intelligence is exclusive from faith, that self-awareness is the stronger corollary.

8. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

To atheists: how did you come to terms with the fact that you're all going to burn in hell for ever and ever?

Baby Jesus weeps for your lost souls.

9. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Really?
    So they've discovered the "value" gene?
    Interesting, I would have thought that this would have made the news...

lol

And yet, that's exactly how values are created.

Feel free to make sense anytime...

10. CheskiChips Banned Banned

That breaks my heart. Maybe. : ( But you saying in every post (within the religion sub-forum) that "Religion is bullshit" seems to be ironic, since that statement is part of your religion. You know, for a linguist you sure don't know the definition of religion very well. Perhaps I can give you a hint - look up the archaic word for "religion". WOOPS. There isn't one.

Maybe I didn't say it, I aggressively asked you your point. If you for example made a thread saying "Religious people have no purpose in this world", I would write in it "You are silly." Not get mad.

Congrats, your purpose in life is to succeed in school?

How did I say they are murderers? It's not "murder" if they're a burden on society, right? Well...that was the result of early Darwinism in practice within America, Britain, Germany, and Russia. I guess animated historical proof doesn't constitute evidence. :shrug:

11. CheskiChips Banned Banned

HAHA, that was hilarious!!! Because 'inherit' has two applications of similar meanings!!

OH?!? I thought the constitution was based on religious thought, being that almost every court house used to have the 10 commandments in their court yard. JEE WIZZ

If you're an outcast of society, only gross chicks want to date you.

12. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

In what other sense of "inherit" could you possible have meant??

You could not possibly be so naive as to think that some piece of paper (that I'm not familiar with....) is the source of "value"??

Or could you....

Again, feel free to make sense.
    Apparently it's not your forte, but you should try.

13. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Those who believe they're created for a purpose inherit a meaning from the creator...obviously. Do you paint for no reason? Do you dance for no reason? Do you create for no reason? However, if you weren't...the concept of inheriting a purpose is campy kook!

Dear Glaucon,
    I have left you for a better man.
    Sincerly yours, Reading Comprehension

Well if you're "sterile" then you're...well...okay. Hope you like tattooed mentally unstable women!

14. CptBork Valued Senior Member

I think Cheski does make one good point here- when a society doesn't see a fundamental underlying meaning behind something, it's important to have someone arbitrarily make up a meaning and then for everyone else to follow it with unshakable faith.

Thus I propose the following: if you need a purpose in life, don't worship "God", your purpose in life should instead be to worship me. Why, you ask? Well I know it looks like a tough sell at first, but for starters I demand nothing of my worshippers except that they try their best at all times not to be arseholes. Secondly, if you know me in person, I can directly answer more of your prayers than God ever seems to. Thirdly, who you gonna believe more? Some numbnutz senile bearded old rabbi/priest who spent his whole life studying the writings of men who could barely count, or a guy like me who is ready and willing to make an indisputable demonstration of any serious claim I make?

15. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

And that belief would be stupid in the extreme.
    Genetic inheritance is well understood... and has noting whatsoever to do with "values"..

Truly, you're incomprehensible.
    I suggest remedial language study.

ibid

16. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Which was precisely my point, and not his...

Alas, that would be stupid.
    An unexamined "value" ceases to be such.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Praise Bork! No, that doesn't work.

18. CheskiChips Banned Banned

And pizza usually has cheese on it, but wait...that's beside the point right? Well so is inherited genes.

Me Ingles et tov mayod oo|analyse syntaxique de phrase is probably met gut sh'lo!
    Demonstrate compassion for my feigned soul.
    Also demonstrate mathematically you will love your future wife (assuming you ever have one).

19. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

???

You are truly lost.

20. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Let's recap t'eer tuchus. I'll be green because I'm good. You can be red/

- That is to say; atheists, by their own decrees have no inherent value, nor do their religious counterparts.

-- What an amazingly infantile display of ignorance.
    An "inherent value" (whatever that might mean) would be devoid of any real value. My values are chosen, and therefore of great significance.
    Value without election is nothing but reaction, and therefore sterile.

Here you don't know what inherent value is.

- Well, if you're created then you inherit value. That seems simple enough. Your crafty argot is no match for not being a clod. People change their minds 7 times before they buy milk, your accepted values are transient and not widely accepted. I live in a society; when you live in one, and you disagree with them...then you're sterile.
    Here I told you that your value would be inherited from your creator if you were religious.

--Really?
    So they've discovered the "value" gene?
    Interesting, I would have thought that this would have made the news...

Here you didn't understand what I meant probably because you didn't read it, and instead went with your tendency towards tangential directions.

- HAHA, that was hilarious!!! Because 'inherit' has two applications of similar meanings!!
    Here's I made fun of you for being silly, whether it be intentional or unintentional.

--In what other sense of "inherit" could you possible have meant??

Here you somehow didn't know how value could be inherent, which really proved my original point. Game over here.

- Those who believe they're created for a purpose inherit a meaning from the creator...obviously. Do you paint for no reason? Do you dance for no reason? Do you create for no reason? However, if you weren't...the concept of inheriting a purpose is campy kook!
    I explained it to you because you some how didn't know.

-- And that belief would be stupid in the extreme.
    Genetic inheritance is well understood... and has noting whatsoever to do with "values"..

Here you aknowledged my definition but then mocked it...and haphazardly tried salvage your statements from looking more foolish than they already did.

- And pizza usually has cheese on it, but wait...that's beside the point right? Well so is inherited genes.
    Here I mocked you again for being silly

You are truly lost.

כאן אתה תשוש מן הפה...משום שכחת שאת לא חכמה.

21. Emil Valued Senior Member

I thought much, what is intelligence?I like to simplify things.For that I reached the following conclusion.
    If someone says he is intelligent, smart,I ask him if he is happy.If he says yes, admit that he is smart,intelligent.If he says no,then for what is useful his intelligence?
    Same question for believers. Are you happy?

More can we say what intelligence means.Power of abstraction, to imagine things, to find logical solutions to problems, etc..But not nearly as great as believers think.
    Try this:
    To imagine an animal that does not exist and that is absolutely new and not like any animal.You'll be able to take different parts of the animal known and rebuild them.
    Is quite weak for a creative God.

But we get back.
    You must know, everyday life can be beautiful.No need to wait for heaven.
    But to discover you need a little intelligence and a little inspiration.

And do not forget the example of the Bible.
    Adam before biting the apple and Adam after he bit the apple.
    Previously, happy and stupid, after unhappy and smart.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  22. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Oh sorry Emil, maybe I will go read a book and try to become more intelligent like you. I have opevated your genius-first hand and so I must humble myself to it. Maybe I'll one day be smart enough to be an atheist, until then I'll have to stew in sadness. Oh by the way...who told you that you were smart? Your mom? It's true that you're special. But you've mistaken your social ineptitude for intelligence...it's not so...women just no likey you. In that regard you're like glaucon...sterile.

23. Emil Valued Senior Member

What can I tell you?
    I'm not an unhappy man.
    But you are a very angry man.
    Why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.