Top 3 inventions in next 100 years

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by ael65, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krokah Registered Senior Member

Intelligent life on another planet
    inserting hardware into a fetus that when born will have amazing abilities
    Homosapians becoming homosuperior through genetic manipulation
    Interplanetary travel within hours rather than years
    Education through brain/computer interfacing (learning subjects in hours rather than months.

The one thing that won't change is people will still not be nice to one another

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. orcot Valued Senior Member

1) genetic mapping allows for revival of certain (recent) extinct animals and crossbreeds even by unusal species. Like mixing radiationhardening bacteria with other thermophiles that with some tweeking can survive and thrive in a martian enviroment or revival of sentient species like neanderthals but also antecessor and a small 10 others.
    2) further developments of ano fibers allow for a wide range of uses going from economical space flight in space elevators single layer tents to allow large domes that allow colonisaton of not only mars and even the bigger asteroids, better bullet proof vest advanst medical uses and many more.
    3)Advances in AI that allows for some sort of enviroment sentient not dominant species that helps in every day live. A bid like portrait in the film I robot, with also perhaps machines capable enough to already design better machines and get's it's necesairy intel by ordering studies what will also imply that it has some understandings of economics and charges for it's survices to further upgrate itself

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ArcTerjus Registered Member

Many unrealistic inventions here, I see. Anyway here's my top 3 more realistic inventions that are in development stages allready.

1. Thorium Power Plant
    2. Hybrid supercapacitor/turbine generator drivetrain for cars. With 85% regenerative breaking.
    3. CVD diamond a hard and lightweight material for general use.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

assuming we are able to halt our current descent back to barbarism I'd go for:

1. Assembly of matter at molecular level leading to nanotech / AI "Smart Matter" - fullerenes etc

2. Wider applications of genetic technology - telomere hacks, completely new "designer" organisms, human genetic optimisation.

3. Fusion

8. krokah Registered Senior Member

Space flight, flying around the world in less than a day, artificial hearts, and many other things we take for granite today were considered unrealistic 100 years ago. Thats what is so nice about dreaming the impossible and making it possible. Human intelligence and curiosity is a strong makes for strange bedfellows.

9. orcot Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And there will be
    1 The spinning wheel revolutionising the textiel industry
    2 A better understending of the universe because it's the earth that revolves around the sun and not the other way around
    3 And the first battle won thx to fire arms will be fought
    So it will be in the 16th century

1 a machine able to calculte will be invented
    2 unknown liveforms to small for the eye to see will be discovered and be called bacteria
    3 and banking will be modernised and paper money will be introduced
    So it will be in the 17the century

/Samuel_Johnson_by_Joshua_Reynolds_2.png/200px-Samuel_Johnson_by_Joshua_Reynolds_2.png[/IMG]
    1 and a new machine will be born a machine with a beating hart that can move almost anything and it will be called the steam engine and before the end of the century people will not move through the land by horse or by feet but through steam
    2 And the nights will be lit by gas lights all over town
    3 People will injects themself with small doses of deseases and these vaccinations whill harden them against sickness and prolong/improve their life
    That's how it's going to be in the 18th century

1 a electrical grid will be created powered by the first power plant
    2 Messages whil travel the world in less then a day using morse code
    3 the first photo's will be developed
    That and many more in the 19th

dude...
    1 rocketry and mechanical avioncs revolutionse space and air travel
    2 wide spread globalisation through combustion engine
    3 The development of electronica and it's impact on communication
    So it was in the 20th

It's going to be damm hard to rival the last 2 centuries

10. Zardozi Isvara.... . 1S Evil_Lau Registered Senior Member

11. draqon Banned Banned

12. orcot Valued Senior Member

that would fit in a top 10 nerd invention of the last decenia

(projector tv's with dolby surround are actuallyt pretty cool)

13. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

1. quadruple ziplock bags
    2. six blade razor
    3. powdered water

14. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

Probably the most ingenius invention for the next millennia

15. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

Woah!!! those are kick ass chop sticks!

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

With all the panic over kidnapped children, I can see parents having a GPS implanted in children at birth.
    Better and better artificial body parts, especially joints. I work in metal, my husband in medical prototypes. Ceramics and plastics will be replacing a lot of metal. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff that comes across our desks. Well, maybe you would. lol

17. Kadark Banned Banned

It takes a very simple mind to say the quote above with a straight face. Such implementation of GPS technology would permanently strip individuals of their privacy and freedom. I don't know about you, but I don't want satellites tracking everything I do and every place I go. If you think "GPS implants" will stop people from kidnapping children, then you've got another thing coming.

18. orcot Valued Senior Member

to prevent kidnapping anybody under 18 whill be thorougly scanned and vaporised to be digitaly stored in the hope that their will be a time when their are no kidnappings and people invent the technology to recreate a body.

19. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

I bought some powdered water the other day

Thing is though, I don't know what to add

20. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

I already have that, put a gun to your head. oh and it can also be done by scanning your brain or polygraphs but they are not as reliable.

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

And you don't think parents would do that to an infant in the next 100 yrs? Do you actually think infants and young children have civil rights? The chip is put in at birth and removed at the age of 18. I can see that happening, and yes, I can say it with a straight face.

22. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

Absolutely not, I would never under any circumstances allow that to happen to my children. Can you imagine never knowing who might be looking at you? Not being able to do anything without the government (possibly) knowing?

And to say that children don't have civil rights is just stupid, because they obviously do.

By the way, it would just be the first step. They would keep passing regulation slowly until everything we do is documented.

It's happening already. Check this out for example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_of_Investigatory_Powers_Act_2000
    There's also the patriot act and you'll find a lot of other crap when you just google it.

Any European government can request this information from a provider or carrier without a warrant:

It means that the government already basically knows where you have been for the last 2 years, by monitoring the source of your phone calls and mobile phone calls.

The US has other similar laws.

All your habits are also documented through usage of loyalty cards and credit-cards.

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

But you're not gonna be alive in 100 years....are you??

Well, it must just be my kids that don't. :shrug: They work for me without any pay. I've had the skin of my son's penis cut off. I can have holes poked in my daughters ears at birth if I want to. I can keep them at home and never send them to school as long as I teach them myself. I can teach them any cult belief I want. They are mine and the freedoms they have are the ones I allow them to have.

Its amazing what people allow happen when they are told its for their own good, for their safety. After 9/11 we allowed a lot.

In the next 100 yrs, I see GPS'd children.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.