Trump's sanity. Is Trump Insane?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Of course. But they will just blame Obama - problem solved.

I can see it going something like this: "All these tornadoes are just God's way of punishing us for having elected that black guy in the first place!" Whilst their Fuehrer fiddles "Sad!" upon his tweeter...

joepistole likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Trump is currently setting out to divert funding from EPA research and investigation and regulation of herbicides into building up the US military.

Does that meet with your approval, as a priority allocation of money?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Im a real good judge of such thangs... an i dout that Trump just pretends... i thank he beleives that he speeks the truth... an if he wasnt rich an surrounded by people willin to smooth over his fug-ups per chance to pocket some of those riches... Trump woud likely be rantin on a street corner an livin in a cardbord box.!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

Yes but it would be a BIG cardboard box. The biggest and the best. [*Sniiiiiiiiiiifffffff*] It would be at the forefront of cardboard boxes. It would be a world leader of cardboard boxes. No one would be able to compare cardboard boxes. [*Sniiiiiiiiiiifffffff*] The best! By a landslide! Anyone who says otherwise is fake. News of other cardboard boxes is FAKE NEWS!!! It would be a Yuuuuuge cardboard box. [*Sniiiiiiiiiiifffffff*]..

Trump #MakeCardboardBoxesGreatAgain

cluelusshusbund likes this.
  8. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I'd never heard the expression "mouth-breathing yokel" before. What a splendid image! I shall add it to my stock of pejorative descriptions without delay.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Oystein Registered Senior Member

joepistole likes this.
  10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

11. Oystein Registered Senior Member

I just figured it was permanently set to zero days.

12. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

In Denmark we refresh twitter to see the freshest reset. Same in the US I guess.

13. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

What's that got to do with Trump?
    For that matter, what connects death-toll to sanity?
    Nobody kept a count on Bush, Kennedy, Johnson or Lincoln.

All US presidents are responsible for multiple deaths: they're at the head of an aggressive empire with a big army, a huge arms industry, and a hundred fingers in other peoples' pies.
    Anyway, Trump hasn't had time to tot up very many military disasters. Well, just that little Yemen thing. Was that in week 1 or 2 of his presidency?

What we're talking about here isn't war crimes, but erratic, self-contradictory, childish behaviour with unpredictable consequences.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    Kristoffer likes this.
  14. iceaura Valued Senior Member

That blogger actually ran a count for a while, in one variation ("Without Trump Saying Some Crazy Shit") if I remember, during the primary campaign - by my fuzzy recall it got to like three days once.

It's an interesting blog, for me, in that its memes are often memorable and recognizable, and so one notices that they tend to show up after a while - uncredited, normally - in the mainstream media as well as around the 'net. But not the guy himself, or extended quotes. It's a window into how the internet influences public discussion.* (He seems, for example, as far as I can tell, to have originated the use of the term "dumpster fire" for describing aspects of the Republican/Trump scene).

*"Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world" Shelley

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  15. Oystein Registered Senior Member

I'm embarrassed just seeing the orange bastard -- he doesn't even have to open his mouth. Of course, when he does . . . I just want to pack up and go . . . somewhere else.

16. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

Start the big reverse brain-drain then.

17. Oystein Registered Senior Member

Can I come and live with you?

(Just kidding. I'll stick it out for a while.)

I was kind of fond of the TV series Borgen.

18. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

It's Denmark so you'll face a price hike on coke n Big Macs, but I got an extra room and we're mostly friendly (plus Oystein sounds Norwegian so you could just garble words for the first few years and pretend to be from a remote village from way up).

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Nothing. This is one of the most common troll tactics; just go around, say something stupid and generally meaningless, with the intention of being offensive, and someone, somewhere will react.

So, once upon a time, this community included an actual preacher, an online Christian evangelist appealing to young people. He would come here, have a discussion, and then go misrepresent the discussions—bearing false witness—at his ministry web page. Life is as life does, or something like that. At any rate, it really does happen, and once upon a time it really did find its way here.

A lazier version is common in American conservative politics. The idea is to go throw down something sexist or racist or whatever, and then after all the subsequent noise, go back and tell your fellow partisans how unreasonable the other people are, because, you know, there we were, just minding our own business when a bunch of liberals came up out of nowhere and started yelling at us and attacking us for no reason, just because we look like Christians, or something. Gawd, you can't even talk to these people!.

We've had a few conservative agitators come through and do their version of what's wrong with libtards and feminazis—you see? you just try to talk to them in perfectly civilized terms and they get all pissed off and attack you for no reason!―and, really, it's pretty transparent.

But this is some manner of variation on a theme, with the common element having something to do with the basic presumption that one can behave in such an antisocial manner and expect extraordinary deference.

But, yeah, that's pretty much what our neighbor's post has to do with anything: Nothing.

Jeeves likes this.
  20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The Trump presidency reminds me of the time in seventh grade when a teacher, over the course of a week, had a complete mental breakdown trying to teach us how to diagram sentences.

21. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

You must have been some challenging class!

The Trump presidency reminds me of scripture - that last book .

22. Oystein Registered Senior Member

Trump is a spoiled little brat in a 70-year old fat-ass orange body. He's always gotten his way. He's always had money -- lots of it. He's used his money to bully people, especially contractors and sub-contractors, by threatening lawsuits. He may not be insane but he's definitely a prick.

23. douwd20 Registered Senior Member