Turn off your TV!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by (Q), Feb 19, 2006.

?

Could you stop watching television?

1. Yes, I will cancel my cable/satellite and burn my TV.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. Not a chance, I need TV.

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. I don't watch TV anyways.

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. I can't afford TV so I watch the spin cycles at the laundromat instead.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I like the TV, but I don't NEED it. If it were not available, I would find something else.

Give the choice between the 100 bucks a month for lots of channels and internet or rabbit ears though, I sacrifice the 100 bucks a month.

So with that clarification, I voted that I need my TV.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Qualify me for what?

Noticing that it is on is not the same as "needing" it.

You may not like dog poos. But when you go walk down the road, it is not advisable that you ignore its existence. You'll step right into it.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. leopold Valued Senior Member

i have a dvd player in my computer so i really don't use my tv for that too much

as a matter of fact my tv is unplugged and sitting on the floor collecting dust.

if i could find a way to hook my vcr to my computer i would sell my seldom used 27" color tv.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

Ha ha ha! (Q) needs dog poop!

8. leopold Valued Senior Member

what for? to see people getting murdered over a cartoon?

it's no wonder bush declared war on terrorism

as a matter of fact thats what i like about him
    he gets out of bed in the morning scratches his balls and says "lets go kill some terrorists"

9. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yes either because im watching cartoons/anime with my little cuz, or watching movies with my wife,

the only things i ever watch on my own without just wanting to do it to spend time with people im close to, is animal documentary on discovery channel,

i love animal documentarys, (only of animals in the wild not captivity)

i could do without it, i could do without everything except air food and water,

i would maybe not choose to dissown everything, but i wouldent bitch to much if i had to live in the wild without anything atall, (i go and live outside every now and then on my own away from civilisation, i just search for good hunting grounds with forest and lake areas, theya re always prey and shelter near those type of grounds)

i actually enjoy living out in nature, but i have commitments in modern society, so me dissowning everything completely, wont happen, but a T.V yes i wouldent care if it was abolished right now, but it can be a good tool. i like to learn from it i admit, discovery channels national geographic, discovery science and tech channel, i like all of those,

i also liek watching some movies when i see them with others, and i liek dragonball Z i watch that with my little cuz and i love the fighting and martial arts scenes and storylines in it, the whole universe created around battle i love it, (my heaven), but i wouldent care if i couldent watch it anymore, my imagination is far better than anything i have ever seen on TV.

and i would pefer to watch a sunset or nature in my face for real, or a starlit sky, or a blue sky at day with cloud formations everywhere. or watchign a waterfall while practising taiji basides it listening tot he birds, those beat TV by far.

peace.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I don't have a TV. My children will hate me when they find out it is normal and maybe even an absolute necessity to have a TV.

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Watching the spin cycles, of course.

12. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Dear lord, thank you, this is my best laugh today so far!

13. riku_124 High School Smoker Registered Senior Member

i need tv i wouldnt know what to do without tv..... id be i nthe corner hugging a broken teliviosion, or maby id be looknig at a tv and pretneding to watch hsows .... i NEED tv