USA Government and ownership of the Moon

Should the USA or any other country be allowed to claim ownership of the moon ?

• Total voters
My cow
My cheese
My moon

But not the moon

We own the moon
No you don't
I'll take you there
No you won't
Don't you like to fly among stars
I'd rather pub crawl among the bars
You have no sense of romance
And how the Space Force will advance
The human race and its quest for knowledge
Which is my reason I went to college

:)

The USA and all other countries should make it illegal for Politicians to venture into space. If we're going to colonise the moon and planets, that is one group that should be banned from going.

i wonder if someone is going to give Elons car a ticket for non aligned orbital parallel in-parity positioning regulations infringement

240px-Marvin-TV-3.jpg

("hello?!?.. YeS!?!?..i i want to report a "non aligned orbital parallel in-parity positioning regulations infringement")

Just because the USA has planted 6 flags on the Moon it has no right to claim even the areas it landed on.
Every thread that mentions the Moon attracts the serial forum spammer with his debunked buttwash.

and all those lying astronauts
maybe it is just their outright sexyness that leaves me soo star struck.
i do find those moon landing days types quite aww inspiring.
putting all the variant societal issues aside, they were the best of the best & made it look easy... even effortless.

communicating complex sequential procedures and evaluations in such debonair fashion while their own lifes hung in the balance by a shoe-string/thruster strap or hand made jerry built scrubber], not knowing if they were about to explode or burn up.
such faith in science and excellence is quite amazing.

The moon landing conspiracy theory has been widely canvassed in other threads. That is not the topic of discussion for the current thread. If you want to discuss that, please use one of the existing threads on that topic.

I did but the info got deleted. You can go to this thread to see some of it.
http://www.sciforums.com/threads/we-never-went-to-the-moon.145207/page-57

pointing to the sky and saying "god did it"
doesn't provide logical empirical evidence
pointing to a lengthy debate with no scientific data does not prove it either.

given your considered position.
i imagine you should have all sorts of links to scientific evidential proof that is simple logic.

i am asking if you can simply post some of those links to that simple straight forward information.

Move the discussion of Freddy's moon landing nonsense to his other thread, please. It's linked in his post above.

Just because the USA has planted 6 flags on the Moon it has no right to claim even the areas it landed on.
Every thread that mentions the Moon attracts the serial forum spammer with his debunked buttwash.
why should a country not claim land which they discovered and settled?

In all of history this has been the right of the discoverer. This is how the US was founded!
Unfortunately , when America was discovered the land already had rightful owners, but that did not stop the European immirants from claiming it anyway. We did set aside some reservations as a "gesture".

Fortunately the Moon and Mars do not have native occupants.

Last edited:
why should a country not claim land which they discovered and settled?

In all of history this has been the right of the discoverer. This is how the US was founded!
Unfortunately , when America was discovered the land already had rightful owners, but that did not stop the European immirants from claiming it anyway. We did set aside some reservations as a "gesture".

Fortunately the Moon and Mars do not have native occupants.

1st to get there and make a claim is 1st to own it.
that is how humans have defined all ownership
except where they have used force to take it from someone else with less power.
then it is then claimed as their own also.

why is a moon or planet any different ?

is there some type of new or different rule at play ?
if so what ?

Back