Using 9/11 As A Means For Political Advantage Appropriate?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by goofyfish, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Undecided Banned Banned

Yes, I would still keep my wall up because you never know who is going to move in and my children are more precious to me then saving a few dollars by tearing it down.

Interesting, awfully incorrect, but nevertheless interesting. You see having 20,000 nukes against no one is not an effective use of money. The US had threats of course it does, but it doesn't need a Cold War military to fight it. That is where "defense supporters" don't get. You are maintaining a military complex that is totally incompatible with the reality of the war today. Having thousands of M1 tanks means nothing to an Al Qaeda cell next door...

We lost more money in Clinton's tear down of the military than we were spending in the years he was in office.

??? Not sure what you are trying to say, but do you care to rephrase.

We sold off everything at rock bottom prices and even junked perfectly good equipment.

Which was not needed in this modern context, it was sound policy.

We gave away buildings we had built in other countries... for free. We pulled out of valuable places, and we downsized to a point that threatened the general public.

Whoa there do you know what you are saying? I don't think so, Americans are in more places now then they were in 1990:

http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/usaworld.htm

Do review please...

Secondly, Clinton rode the economic wave that was started by the Reagan/Bush era, and not one he created himself.

Again that is questionable; sure the Reagan economic reforms did much to create what were the 90’s. But the Bush administration did nothing to solve the economy, Clinton created a Budget surplus in excess of $200 billion. That is no small feat from a deficit of around $320 billion that he inherited from Bush.

Downsizing the military did nothing for our economy,

Whoa! I am loving this unsupported positions, go on...

but it did jepordize our economy and our lives.

???Yes??? Why do you think OBL attacked the US in the first place?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.