vegetarian?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by vslayer, May 17, 2004.

?

wat are you

1. vegan

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. vegetarian

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. carnivore

15 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. cannibal

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Could people live without consumption of iron for their whole life? Can we live be only eating meat?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Well, some carnivores do eat plants, but that still doesn't justify the missing option. And also, we seldom throw blood away from meats, right?
    I'd rather go carnivorous. Maybe even cannibal one day...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i fully approve of your cannibalistic lifestyle

more rude people need to be eaten. hannibal is my hero.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magenta Nihil est incertius volgo Registered Senior Member

Im a vegetarian

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Just saw on Penn & Teller's Bullshit a blurb about a vegetarian that did such a good job of getting his nutritional requirements that he has osteoporosis at 37. Say's he has no sex drive either. He thinks the it's worth the trade.

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I once saw a documentary, years ago, it showed some black chick from the south (USA) that was a dirt-eater. Of course, dirt was just a dietary supplement, not the full meal. This chick was FAT too, I never could understand it. She had a favorite spot down by the river where the tastiest dirt came from. They seemed to talk about it like it wasn't completely unheard of. Like others were dirt-eaters too. They just interviewed the one person though.

It's just like the Reverend Maynard says, "Damn you!! Let the Rabbits wear glasses!! Can I hear an amen?" Carrots are people, too.

(I don't think the woman above had any such compuctions, I figure it was just a way of stretching the dollar.)

10. disposable88 My real name is Rick Registered Senior Member

I'm a vegetarian who eats vegan as often as possible. I'm not vegan because I just don't find it realistic to skip out on some foods because they have a little bit of mayonaisse or milk. That's really hard stuff to cut out of my diet, living in the #2 beef producing county in the country where the only stuff available comes packaged with meat.

I don't want to turn this into a debate, but...

about that Penn & Teller blurb...

According to a lot of pro-vegan research, milk can in fact be a large cause of osteoperosis and impotence. www.milksucks.com should have links.

And it's fairly obvious that vegetarians who are health concious can tend to drink quite a bit of milk.

11. vslayer Registered Senior Member

why do you think we need meat for iron, where do youn think the cows get there iron huh?

12. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

how can you expect a serious answer if you put cannibal as an answer?

13. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Cow's have a vegetarian stomach so they can digest their food. I dare you to try living on a cow's diet. I would imagine that their are fruit and/or vegetable sources for just about all our nutritional requirements, but the thing is that you have to make sure that you eat the right things. Being a normal omnivore, it's far easier to get what you need just by eating a variety of meats and vegetables. Only eating plants, I still think it takes far more care to get what you need.

I'm not sure if the guy from Penn and Teller was a vegan or a veggie. If a vegan, he wouldn't drink milk, right? Showed him shoveling in lots and lots and lots of salad every day. Looked like his family was eating regular food though. Good thing he already had a kid before he lost his sex drive.

Maybe they don't?

Here's something I just thought of. There is no way that anyone, anyone at all, lives a truly vegan lifestyle. In all their food there are bits and pieces of insects and insect excrement. FDA has guidelines on just how much is acceptable. Also, it is said that everyone eats so many pounds of spiders a year. The spiders crawl into your mouth at night and you automatically chew them up and swallow them. No wonder you wake up with such a crappy taste in the mouth.

14. disposable88 My real name is Rick Registered Senior Member

This is true. Did you know that animal parts are used to make film? I don't remember how, but it also applies to digital cameras, televisions, and even the computer monitor people are using right now.

Oh, and I saw the Penn & Teller thing now.
    THAT GUY DOESNT EAT ANYTHING BUT SALAD! It didn't say he was a vegan/vegetarian... just that he eats everything in salad form!!

Don't construe facts.

15. cma Registered Member

I am vegetarian, but eat fish and shrimp. Also every few months I have pork, beef, or chicken.

16. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

then you're not a vegetarian

17. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

yes disposable, there is gelatin in film emulsion.

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I am strictly a vegan, but I like to supplement this strict diet with meat, fish and other dead animals once in a while (preferably every day).

19. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

Mmmm... dead animals... *starts drooling from every orifice*

The Flemster.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

What is it called when you eat metal?

I ordered Ivan's sword yesterday in a restaurant. If I remember correctly swords are made out of metal.

It turns out that they had put dead animals on the sword and shoved those of the sword on the plate. And they took the sword away.

bastards