Want Tough Foreign Policy? Get A Democrat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by goofyfish, Jan 29, 2004.

1. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

David Kay now confirms that Saddam disarmed while Bill Clinton and the Democrats were containing Iraq during the 1990s.
    One of the best ways for Democrats to challenge Bush on Iraq is to point out that the lack of WMDs in Iraq shows that the patient, tough policy of containment succeeded in disarming Saddam while boosting America’s status around the world and preventing Iraq from becoming a threat to the United States. In contrast, the reckless, impatient policies of our current administration are costing us more than a boy a day while decreasing America’s homeland security and shredding American global prestige, all so that Bush can garner headlines, upstage his father, and film political ads on aircraft carriers.

The bottom line? Bush is too impatient, too immature, and simply not tough enough to protect the United States the way the Democrats did during the 1990s.

:m: Peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Undecided Banned Banned

The Democrats could show so much to the American people, consider the economic boom years, the budget surplus, the 30 million or so jobs created, American respect overseas, and a tolerant, and multilateralist administration in Washington. Fiscal responsibility and sustaining a modern military. What must be remembered is that the war in Iraq was "won" by the Clintonian military, not that of the Bush administration.

Compare that to today, inept international policy, pointless but hurtful rhetoric ("Axis of Evil, Permission slips"). Budgetary whoredom, about $500 billion budget deficit expected by the white house this year, international apathy to American causes, and American concerns, the Arab street hating more virulently then ever, $4 billion a month in Iraq, a soldier a day, pseudo- WMD destruction threats, lying, and manipulation.

So America what will it be? Peace or Pax Americana?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Yes, look at what Clinton left for Bush when Clinton left the White House. He left a big problem with foriegn affairs in the Middle East, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan as we all learned about after Sept 11 2001.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Undecided Banned Banned

Clinton inheirted all those problems from the Reagan/Bush era... point?

8. Angelus Daughter Of House Ravenhearte Registered Senior Member

Clinton didn't leave those problems, Bush created them.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

So then why didn't the great Clinton fix the problems during his 8 years in office? No, he wanted to screw his private suckretary and play games with his friends that were released from prison.

10. shrubby pegasus Registered Senior Member

now your just talking nonsense

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I talk nonsense? What did Clinton do to resolve the Iraq, Afghanistan Iran and Middle East problem? I'm waitng for this, for you can't give anything as to his resolving any of those problems.

12. shrubby pegasus Registered Senior Member

everyone acts like clinton didnt do anything but philander. clinton was of the most active presidents in recent times. there is no way clinton could have been as aggressive as bush in foreign policies. 911 basically gave bush a blank check to do whatever he wanted throughout his entire presidency and what did he do with it. he basically f*cked up any good relations the US had in the entire world . the entire world is suspicious any action the US takes, for good reason. as far as bush solving any problems, i have not seen any solutions. every problem has been exacerbated. iraq is on the verge of civil war, the middle east problem is worse than ever, and afghanistan is in shambles. and bush has blown any good will the world would offer to the US. he by no means reduced the amount of terrorists. social instability is a breeding ground terrorism. it s good thing bush increased that in the middle east. WOOT

13. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

How on earth did George Bush create those problems?

14. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

So how did Bill Clinton solve those problems?

15. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

America's problems won't be solved by electing a Democrat. We need a third party candidate.

16. shrubby pegasus Registered Senior Member

i didnt claim that clinton solved the problems. im pretty just stating that the other point made about clinton is moot. when it comes down to it, i dont think these problems can be solved without some fundamental change in how people think

17. shrubby pegasus Registered Senior Member

i fully agree with this point

18. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

There's no 3rd party candidate that would be accapted for the position of president by a majority of the people and the electorial college. A vote for a 3rd party candidate is a wasted vote, IMO. The Demos and Repubs run the circus and will continue to do so until something drastic happens. So if you want a change , you be that change for you are the only thing that can actually change.

19. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Say buddy... can ya spare some change?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Undecided Banned Banned

America's problems won't be solved by electing a Democrat. We need a third party candidate.

America is barely a democracy, two parties is simply not a choice it's forced. I don't blame the parties per se, I blame the American people for not seeing the other possible alternatives. But one thing is for sure, two parties have created political stability. What ever happened to the Wig party? or is it Whig?

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Whigs were reactionaries against Andrew Jackson.
    You're right in looking to the people, but we do need to continuously blame the parties, as well. Do the folks who sat around and watched the Genovese murder somehow excuse the actuall killer?

Nah. But pause and look at the difference between your average Democratic voter and the DNC.

• The parties are out of touch with the voters, and must answer.
    • By necessity, apathy, or otherwise, voters are out of touch with voting.
    • Government being for the benefit of the people, the parties aspiring to govern ought to be obliged to the people's benefit. Unfortunately ....

Anyway, two cents.

22. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

America never was a Democracy. It's a representative republic. Democracy is mob role, which means that it is crap.

And I would be hesitant to say that the two party system isn't a choice. We don't have to vote for Democrats and Republicans, but many people do because they have convinced themselves or have been convinced by others that voting for anyone else is "wasting your vote". Basically, we've been tricked into not exercising our choices.

I agree.

Stalin and Mao created political stability. But seriously, if this is stability then stability is vastly overrated.

The American Whig Party went away during the mid-nineteenth century.

23. Undecided Banned Banned

America never was a Democracy. It's a representative republic. Democracy is mob role, which means that it is crap.

And in order to be representative you need democracy. Democratic rule is not mob rule that is more for anarchism. Democracy entails may faucets of "rule by the people". As long as people vote it can be classified as a democracy.

Stalin and Mao created political stability. But seriously, if this is stability then stability is vastly overrated.

There simply is no comparison, try again.