War In Iraq - Part Deux

Discussion in 'World Events' started by spidergoat, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Hey, I'm not crazy. The next stop for them will probably be Afghanistan sometime next year.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Another place we need the "inside story", as in what the fuck are we doing?

Let's hear it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

One person goes AWOL from the Army and you think that determines the course of a nation?????

Hype, you're just as funny (and as radical) as you were in the old days at sciforums!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Baron Max: "One person goes AWOL from the Army and you think that determines the course of a nation?"

I had not suggested such a conclusion, but try and wrap your mind around what your leap overshot: Whether we confront, or continue to be diverted from the implications of this adventure in Iraq is highly indicative of the course of our nation. Those who refuse to look around and ahead have a lot of trouble comprehending where we're going. For the greatest pretenders, who persist in disregarding our mission-creep and ambiguity in Iraq (and I count you among them) the question still dangles without honest answer, and a great deal is riding on our collective honesty: What is the mission?

8. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Following sounds very serious to me:

“Harith al-Obaidi, head of the largest Sunni Muslim political bloc in the Iraqi parliament, was killed after leading Friday prayers in a Baghdad mosque. …”
    From: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a563CGiPvP5Y

The Shiite Muslim majority government is blaming “terrorists” but the Shiites have been on the receiving end of most of the attacks recently. If this turns out to be Shiite revenge, then the government unity all goes to hell in hand basket quickly, I expect, just before US troops were to leave the cities at end of June.

That would be a great victory for Iran and the election there now may be why it happened now.

BTW - anyone seen a post by the Baron lately? (He's not in Iraq with his gun I trust.)

9. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Ha. Seriously

This is not the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius, but-

a little mildness/moderation is making some significant headway right now. Just compare with last year.

Cold comfort for Al-Obaidi, I know (being murdered and all)

(& [not] sorry to disappoint you Billy)

The age of Barons is passing past.

We're not going to hell. We're considering other possibilities now in the USA and Iran.. er, Iraq,

I mean everywhere.

10. mike47 Banned Banned

It will be good for America and the rest of the globe if the U.S and its allies get out of both Iraq and Afghanistan very soon . These two wars made millions of people suffer and die . enough is enough of blood shed . We need peace and prosperity on earth and NOT stupid , silly and fruitless wars . Peace is always better than any war .

11. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Of course the US & Co. should get out. The really sad thing is, these wars have become the NORM and thus there is a perception of acceptability. The fact that in Afghanistan, the US is STILL investing billions in troops and gear, and the fact that there is no clear MISSION statement or disclosed OUTCOME, is not even seriously questioned.

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

But we don't want to ....and no one is powerful enough to make us. So, ....therefore, we'll stay in Afghanistan just as long as we fuckin' want to and there ain't nothing you can do about it.

Baron Max

13. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Oh, you will. By September you`re gonna be bankrupt anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.