Watch...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Lori, Nov 26, 1999.

1. Lori Registered Senior Member

Here's a really good page that outlines what the Bible says about the Antichrist. It's important that you read this even if you don't believe right now. The prophecy is so specific that if you hear the Word, you will know the truth when the time comes. Read this, and then ask yourself, what could the religion of the Antichrist be? What could possibly be so convincing to everyone, except those who know Jesus as their Savior? What would the miraculous signs and wonders be? What will be the "proof"?
    http://members.aol.com/prophecy04/Articles/Antichrist/antichrist.html

------------------
    God loves you and so do I!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

Lori -

I read your link. I, for one will not be decieved by any kind of 'antichrist' - anyone claiming to be God incarnate needs to have their heads examined, in my opinion.

Just another 2 cents.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Searcher Registered Senior Member

I'm sure there are many who've claimed to be God incarnate, but to my knowledge there has been only one in the history of mankind who was, and still is, taken seriously by a significant number of people.

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

Heh, heh, Searcher, I was going to say that too, but knowing me, I would have ended up phrasing it poorly and ticking off a bunch of people.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Lori Registered Senior Member

Touche. Thanks for reading it. So if you actually see this happen, then will you believe?

------------------
    God loves you and so do I!

9. Corp.Hudson Registered Senior Member

Who would be the one that claimed to be god incarnate, and was taken seriously? It is certainly not Jesus (or Joshua, depending on the translation). He never claimed to be god. There were many other "messiahs" during the first century, and many of them were taken very seriously.

10. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Okay, I'm confused. Daniel 12:11 states that the number of days from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away to the time that "the abomination that maketh desolate is set up" is 1,290, or slightly over 3-1/2 years.

According to the World Book encyclopedia, Titus, son of Emperor Vespasian, helped his father put down a revolt by Jews in Palestine that began in A.D. 66. Titus captured Jerusalem in A.D. 70 following a long siege.

The daily sacrifice in Jerusalem had ended by the time Rome destroyed the temple in A.D. 70. Also, the battle mentioned in Daniel 11:40 included chariots and horsemen - hardly WW3 tactics, if you ask me.

At any rate, it seems to me that whatever was being prophesied in the book of Daniel is long since over with by now.

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

[This message has been edited by Searcher (edited November 27, 1999).]

11. Searcher Registered Senior Member

Corp. Hudson,

John 10:30 records Jesus' words: "I and my Father are one." This upset the Jews, who wanted to stone him for making himself God.

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

12. 402 Registered Member

Searcher,
    As per your statement,
    John 10:30 records Jesus' words: "I and my Father are one." This upset the Jews, who
    wanted to stone him for making himself God.

There is also the consideration that Jesus was speaking symbollicaly. "I and my Father are one" refers to the union of all people to God within. Again mistranslation iand interpretation have had effect on the Bible

Jesus was trying to tell people that they need not bow down to any man or him, but rather go within their hearts to find that which they seek. Within lie all answers.

He was rebelling against the Remple leaders who as today have been and are leading people around by the nose for the sake of profit.

As for stoning, the people then were willing to stone anybody for nearly anything that came along. This was not an emotionally stable people according to the evidence put before us.

They misunderstood and riled against anything that didn't fit into their prejudicial format.

That same attitude exists among Fundamentalists of any religion to this day.