What are your thoughts on internet bullying?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by wegs, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Music was way better when ugly people were playing it. I'm looking at you, Keith.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

You are now going on my Ignore list.

[click]

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I'm sincerely sorry you feel this way. This is a cry for professional counselling.

Gonna suggest that forum members not engage with pluto2 about his personal issues. Won't help him; won't help anyone else. Can only lead to harm.

Thread reported.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Hipparchia and exchemist like this.
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

Mod Note

Let me start by saying that there are always options, Pluto. Always. I would strongly suggest you stop appealing and adhering to a stereotype that is absolutely unrealistic and instead suggest you broaden your horizons. A pretty woman is not going to fix you or cure you.

Stop frequenting incel forums would probably be the best thing you can do for yourself.

And start getting out there. Make friends, join clubs - say join a club or start classes for something you are interested in - such as a hobby. If you don't have a hobby, look for something that will interest you. In doing so, you will be putting yourself out there and meeting new people. Not people online or behind a screen. But real people. You don't have to start with something huge. Small steps. Common interests.

Now, suggesting suicide is not going to help you. It just puts you in a deep and dark place. I've been there. Quite recently actually. I gave up on myself. I was and still am very depressed. My depression stems from watching and caring for my father as he suffered through the last months of his life and as he died. It took a lot out of me, as did caring for my mother and watching her brain continue to slip away. I shut myself away - and COVID19 made that easy. The only thing that kept me going was my kids through it all. I stopped doing things that interested me and provided me with an escape from, well, cancer in all shapes and sizes.. I got help. I am in therapy. I am only now starting to get back into my hobbies.. I am now starting to enjoy them again. I seek pleasure in making things and growing things indoors and outdoors. I am seeing life for more than I was before. I am reconnecting with my friends and family, whom I had kind of shut away from me as I grieved.

However desperate or sad you may feel, however lonely you may feel, there is hope and life out there. Please, for the love of all that is holy, stop posting on incel forums - those places just seek to bring you down further and devalue your self worth, and devalue others, because that is what they do. They fester.

And secondly, speak to someone. Trust me, seeking help, real help from an actual therapist recommended to you by your doctor (there are various kinds of therapists out there) not from incel friends, and start looking at joining clubs or groups and pursue a hobby of whatever it is that interests you when you are ready to do so.. It will get you out there and meeting new people who may share a common interest with you.. That's one option.

I don't know where you live, but if you ever feel that lonely and that down, please pick up your phone and make a call. Here is a list of crisis lines for most countries:

They deal with suicide and depression. They can start you on a better path and help guide you with regards to counselling and treatment you may need.

I do agree with Dave and I will be closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.