What do Palestinians & Israelis want?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Dinosaur, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

I wonder what each side of this conflict wants.

Suppose that the Israelis said they give up the struggle and will agree to anything the Arab Factions want. What would Palestinians impose as the terms of peace?

Suppose tht Paletinians said they give up. What would the Israelis impose as terms of peace?

I hope some from each side will answer the above without bringing up past grievances, justifications, et cetera. I am interested in knowing what each side wants.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spyke Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ghassan Kanafani Mujahid Registered Senior Member

First of all please distinguish between the Palestinian representation and what you call Arab Factions . This may have been the case before Fatah or with the militias that have the same interests as the surrounding Arab nations , but it is nobody else than the PLO who represents the Palestinian peoples as a political unity .

Palestinians want a state next to Israel as of 1967 (this means that 1948 is being compromised here , please be aware of that) .

This means that they want end of occupation , end of ethnic cleansement and house-demolishion , end of killing Palestinian civillians (remember the ratio) .

I think that their demands are far to little but it is their lives and their souvereign right to demand less than they deserve .

IMO they should demand that a choice is made :

1) Destruction of the zionist political/governing entity
    2) Complete and total equality financed and constructed by the zionist entity .

If the Palestinians would give up the same would happen to them as always happened to them and as would happen to them regardless : Ethnic cleansement .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ghassan Kanafani Mujahid Registered Senior Member

1) That was the Palestinian leadership , both sides doesnt apply .

2) From the Palestinian side certain things in the supposed agreement are unaccetable because :

A) their own safety : de-militarized state means no power whatsoever

B) their representation . They do not only represent the peoples in the occupied territories but all the displaced Palestinian peoples :

Palestinians will concede the right of return.
    1) Some refugees will remain in the countries where they now live

2) others will be absorbed by the PA,

3) some will be absorbed by other countries

4) and some will receive financial compensation.

5) A limited number will be allowed to settle in Israel.

All fall under the responsibility of 2 , and in the context of 4 . They are in no position to decide that peoples ought to remain where they are or be absorbed by others if their desire is to live in what should represent even their home land (as their real home is inside Israel) . Financial compensation is not an alternative for a country it is compensation for a destructed life , the relativity that is being enforced here is once more going beyond the borders of authority that is called PA .

I understand that the zionists cannot accept 5 , and I would include this understanding in a deal as I mentioned before . But they can never have 5 if they do not live up to their part , they need to compensate , they need to provide possibility and aid .

They could even transfer as long as they are paying up and provide a country to transfer to , even their ethnic cleansing they could get away with .

But what they cannot get away with is having Palestinians displaced outside of Palestine and giving some military and economic joke even more than it is today as some socalled Palestinian state .

8. Spyke Registered Senior Member

Maybe I misread it. It read 'former members of the cabinet and leaders of the ruling Fatah party.' Maybe it meant 'former cabinet members and [current] leaders...' But the way it was worded made it somewhat unclear.

9. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

I think Israel wants to be able to ignore Palestine and the rest of the Muslim world. Palestine (most of their leadership and a whole bunch of their religious zealots anyway) on the other hand wants to carve everything in any way associated with the west or the Jewish faith into tiny bits and then urinate on them.

10. kajolishot Registered Senior Member

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...,1,5649792.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed

[registration required]

11. Ghassan Kanafani Mujahid Registered Senior Member

Everytime I read one of your posts , Clockwood ........

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You and your friends make such a beautifull couple

Last edited: Oct 15, 2003
  12. kajolishot Registered Senior Member

No they just want to urinate on you. It's the next Al-Queda plan.

13. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Everyone, Ghassan is now officially stoned. Anyone who would post a picture like that must be.

14. Ghassan Kanafani Mujahid Registered Senior Member

I know you envy my liberty and freedom , Im happy that it is
    you propagating and me enjoying .

Yet I should envy you , that shit that they put in your drinkingwater is illigal here

15. jps Valued Senior Member

I think if the Palestinians agreed to whatever the Israeli's want, they'd be asked to vacate all of Palestine.
    I think if Israeli's agreed to do whatever the Palestinians wanted its hard to say what they'd request...after so many years of oppression I'm guessing there'd be retribution against a large number political/military leaders and obviously the apartheid state would end and maybe the govt would be made to equitably reflect the christian/muslim/jewish population. Very hard to say though given the diversity of opinions on both sides what position would win out.

16. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Palestinians and Israelis want the same thing, and can both have it (multiculture and peace) as soon as the mistakes and injustices of the Israeli state are confronted and reconciled. There's enough room for everyone, even the segregationist wackos who must never be placed in charge of the region again. Shalom is salaam.

One provocative perspective from America:

Daniel Lazare - The One-State Solution

Interesting, although it does not really get into the one-stae solution per se, which I find and interesting possibility.

Here's a past thread I found interesting at the time, and still do now: Where am I wrong about Palestine?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2003
  17. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Fluoride? Chlorine? You have a problem with water that dosn't give you "Montezuma's Revenge" and keep your teeth in halfway good shape? Simple molecules.
    Yeah it sucks if you have goldfish but I would rather have that than be stuck on the toilet all day with cholera.

And hype, BOTH sides need to be confronted about the wrongs they have done.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2003
  18. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Yes, I agree/stand corrected, Clockwood

19. Ghassan Kanafani Mujahid Registered Senior Member

I think that most Palestinians can manage confrontation , what did they do ?

1) They have killed children ? I think that they can acknowledge and condemn this without any problem .
    2) They have killed elders , fellow Arabs , and religious non-political peoples ? I think they can acknowledge and condemn this in the same manner .

Other "innocents" on the list I surely would not approve with , but I am sure that you can drag them into acknowledging condemning that as well .

Can Israel acknowledge and condemn the ethnic cleansement of 1948 ?

Can Israel acknowledge and condemn the ethnic cleansements of 1967 ?

Can the condemn cleansing Golan ? Can they condemn occupying refugeecamps ? Can they condemn actual demolishing homes ? Can they condemn actual expansionism ? Can they condemn launching rockets from helicopters to civillian crowds ? Can they condemn all the innocent children that they have slaughtered in their history ? Can they condemn the humiliation the inflicted ? Can they condemn the random arrests , the mistreatement , the apartheid within their own 67 borders . etc etc etc ?

No suicide bombing accured before 1994 . The balance that creates defence and offense is obvious and as such it ought to be treated.

20. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Palestinians have done wrong to themselves and others by defaulting to disorganized militancy and terrorism as their most visible means of expression. It's harder to be protected as the victim of a crime if one lashes out in rage. The world can be won over to the Palestinian cause, and Israel would then be forced to integrate into middle-eastern life: Israel's unqualified support from outside, or above, is not a given.

21. Ghassan Kanafani Mujahid Registered Senior Member

To themselves mostly , but I agree that they have . The question is , could otherwise be expected from a peoples in their position and with their simple perceptions of things ? Could other have been done when all powers pushed them into this ? Hamas was not made by Palestinians nor fed by Palestinians , yet it fought for Palestinians . Can you expect anything else than approval ? I agree they could have done somuch better , but could they have done somuch better ?

I have observed quite some expressions/interviews/conversations regardingn high ranked militant leaders , doctors and professors . Their capabilities of thought are nowhere near even the cheap ones on zionist side , they did what they could do within the context of their own possibilties . They cannot be blamed for being not as slick or viscious and organized , but emotional and incontrollable .

I think that we have reached a period however that allows transition of the way of thought , many youngsters with accademic history and intelligent perspective on matters , not only to solve problems that hurt but also create problems within the enemy , somuch potential ........ but are they ever allowed to flow into the power struggle of the ancient orders ?
    Once more , how dependant is Israel on such support ? When the positions are covered opinions do not matter , opinions are made toward the positions of power , not the other way around .

22. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"The question is , could otherwise be expected from a peoples in their position and with their simple perceptions of things ?"
    Likely any people would react badly to such disaster. But there comes a point, before the final disaster, when completely re-evaluating how to fight back, and how to enlist the help of the world outside becomes imperative. That's where Palestine stands today.

23. Spyke Registered Senior Member

While I agree to an extent, I'm not so sure that Israel would buckle to international pressure, or even pressure from the US, assuming that the US would actually pressure Israel too hard. I believe Israel would simply consider herself even further isolated and become more defiant to outside pressure.