What do you believe?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by seekeroftheway, Jan 31, 2006.

1. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Yes, again, please keep the forum on the subject of the forum. Typos are typos, stop seeking conflict. You should be coming to this forum to talk about what the forum is about.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

But is that not natural as well? That there should be the less and more intelligent? That at some point there should be much destruction in whose wake there should be much creation, and vice versa? And the mayans kept their society strong because every single one of them believe that by doing that the sun would keep coming. They kept themselves feeling safe and secure doing those rituals, simply because they weren't actually keeping the sun and the rain coming doesn't mean they were without purpose.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Yes. And the fact we even know how old the universe is quite a step up from 'really long ego' in Tao philosophy.

Describe to me the 'chen' is inside your computer and then prove its existence? And then give me your poetic interpretation of how a computer works?

See, Taoism is neat, but it amounts basically to sensical poetry.

The Chinese scientists, at the time called 'Taoists', believed in 'chen' and didn't have room for what we call the scientific ideal. They believed you couldn't model the universe, since it was unknowable. And thus did not advance much farther than mechanical devices such the printing press or firecrackers.

The government in fact made no scientific discoveries. Their job was to keep a stable, ordered society in which technological pursuits besides immortality-science were discouraged. No vertical mobility between the classes. No aspirations to advance technology for the improvement of life.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i dont say yin and yang are exactly equal, i havent even mentioned the concepts of ancient chinese opposites, i like the stories andd philosophies about yin and yang,

but im not talking about this kind of balence, you see here on earth before humans started fucking around with nature in mass amounts, the world had a kind of balenced cycle, then humans built alot of indunstrial machines and started fucking with the ozone, im not in green peace or anything im not poiting any fingers, dont take offence to it im sorry if i offended you,

but im just saying there earth was ok before, and nature flourished better, now it looks kinda sick, all the rainforests cut down, over hunting population problems, chemical abuse, ozone layer pollution, to land sea air animals,
    overpopulation of ur own species, someone said it before, we arent like mammels anymore, we are more like a virus that effects everything it touches, spreads mass muliplies, consumes its surroundings untill nothing is left then moves on and multiplies,

we have changed the earth, we are natural ofcourse, but what we do seriously effects everything around us and destroyes alot of other nature,
    we arent the only destructive species, but we are by far the worst thing for the arth out of any other animal,

im not complaining im just saying we effected the before balence of the earth, the ozone didnt get them holes randomly, it was us, i was part f the problem aswell im sorry for it.

peace.

8. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

But what I'm saying is that NATURE put us here. We got to where we are today because we were meant to be as we are today. So, perhaps, if it is truly natures will that we be like this, that we are leading up to something? That we aren't "fucking" with nature, we are simply altering it, and earth will become something new based on what we're doing to it?

9. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Where did you get this information? You're delusional, we don't believe in any "chen". And a lot of ancient Taoists were alchemists, which at the time amounted to scientists! Fireworks was an alchemical invention, the powder was produced by taoist alchemists! By the time they invented the printing press, Taoism was really obscure, and to this day it remains so! So, again, I ask you, where did you get your info?

10. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

James Burke, historian.

Chen zen, the spirit substance everywhere, in all things? I don't know the exact pronunciation...

Alchemists - or people searching for immortality. What's it called again, the philosophers stone?? Gundpowder was originally one 'immortality potion' made of rotten shit, piss and wood ash.

Are you saying that if I mix putrefied shit with various other nastiness and end up with a volatile substance that I 'amount to a scientist'? That puts Buddha1 in league with Einstein.

Anyways, I do find Taoist philosphy interesting. But to say that we will never know the truth about the universe because Taoism says we can't is just absurd.

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

well first thing is this, we cannot say we were put here for some kind of actual premeditated reason, nothing tells us directly that we were ment to be the way we have turned out to this very day,

but all that you said about altering the earth is true, but it dosent mean we were meant to do it to the earth just because its happening, that would be classed in the lines of having a destiny right?. wich is not proven,

peace.

12. Slacker47 Paint it Black Registered Senior Member

I believe in kickin ass and chewin bubble gum. I do what I want. I believe that there isnt anything. Life is CREATED, it isnt inherent.

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

the energy that is everywhere, is Qi energy, there is also jing energy, and shen energy,

shen = spirit
    Qi = breath/energy/life breath
    jing = essence

shen is not given to people and it is not everywhere, you have to aquire shen through a conscious lifetime,

Qi is the life energy that flows through all living and natural things on earth, it is everywhere,

jing is your life essence, each person has a limited amount of jing, and you have to conserve it well, it cannot be replenished like Qi can, or earnt like shen can, when it depletes you die,

i think you have your energys and chinese teachings a little mixed up, its not your fault though i dont mind correcting i enjoy teaching people of the old ways, i dont 100% believe all of it but i have lived with these teachings my whole life, so i knnow alot about it and enjoy teaching and learning about it. and it is very usefull in day to day life learning the ancient chinese ways,
    but in china there are 3 main sects, taoists, buddhists and confunctionist, but they do not seperate the 3 sects, they are all the same 3 and open to al of them, if you ask a chinese man if he is a buddhist confunctionist or daoist, he will be slightly confused how to answer,

peace.

14. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

You must be thinking of a different sect or something. The taoism I "follow", if you must say that, has no "chen". If it is energy in all life that you are referring to, it's chi, and there is no belief there, it's scientifically proven that that exists. If it's just the stuff of everything, that would be The Tao, hence taoism. In reference to alchemists, I was just thinking of people who brewed stuff out of stuff. Like chemists, just alchemists.

15. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

Is that to imply that everything must be proven? I personally believe that one forges one's own destiny with the choices one makes.

16. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

I certainly don't believe in any God because I don't need it, nonetheless its freakin 2006 and I think its about time to do some soul searching instead of creating imaginary friends in the sky. I haven't seen any Gods lately...have you? I think humans are capable of a lot of things themselves. I think philosophy is everywhere, every question asked regardless of its nature is a philosohical question- in other words the net result from an introspective and retrospective evaluation. This freakin world hasn't really given me anything or any reason to believe in anything except from playing my role, going to bed, and waking up in the morning. There are enough East and Western books filled with ideas to keep my brain running(running on empty that is).

17. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

A wise man would say that he is all, and yet none.

18. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

destiny is a very funny thing, because its actually true, but at the same time theres no telling if its all planned out beforehand,

but destiny does exist, this is actually true, because no matter what you do in life you can only do it once at that point in time, whatever you do it is done and cannot be undone, so in a very real sense everyone has 1 path to tread down, and fullfills his destiny, but the real mystery about this question is this,

how do you know that its set out beforehand,

but everyman carvs his own destiny this is true man,

peace.

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i also agree with this,

one who is wise will claim nothing yet be everything,

peace

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yes what you said is healthy,

but about the "its 2006 thing" hmmm well thats a little harsh and biast with your own opinions, because seriously god is a very real possibility, tot hink there definitely is no god, is as wise as to think you definately know there is a god,

its just speculation from your own point of view,

an eternal force that gave birth to this current existance, that is limitless would actually explai alot of things, and is not stupid to believe in such a bieng, you are just thinking about holybooks religion and the western view of god or eastern whatever you choose,

but put religion aside put jesus aside put culture and faith aside, just thik about god as an energy force that exists always and created the current universe, you dont need a book to let you make your own decision about the possibility of god, the universe can do amazing things it wouldent totally supprise me if god was real.

i dont believe in god thogh but its a possibility.

peace.

21. seekeroftheway Let go your conscious self... Registered Senior Member

I look at God as a word. A label, a description, an image placed upon one singular thing, the "higher being". Christians, God, Islam, Allah, to we taoists, it is the tao. Not a being but a thing. Everything. It is within us, we are within it, and it is "represented" to the best of our capabilities by yin and yang.

22. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

I do believe the possibility of a higher conciousness for one other reason. No concious animal naturaly exists in a place it does not understand. In fact if nature did its work right the concious entity will totally understand its enviroment- like a Wolf in the forrests or Tillapia in fresh water. A wolf understands the forrests more than it does the suburbs. However we humans are here in a place that constantly amazes us to say the least. In fact there is no where we can go without asking questions and constant scrutny. This goes to show that we are the universe or more precisely inside a universe inverse of ours, which enables us to see all. What do I mean by inverse universe? For you to see the totality of something you have to be outside its framework and dimension, thus we are the most artificial thing in this natural universe or dimension, certainly we came from somewhere or someone else higher. Maybe there are other dimensions as string theory has it, this I don't know.This I know, all knowledge has to do with survival. So from the day of our inception we must have survived relatively far longer than most books print, maybe even for eternity considering our vast capabilities and knowledge. But the mind, which stores and processes knowledge does not remain inside us but is both inside and more extensively outside. So the same "artificial" enviroment we are in is responsible for keeping us alive. Some kind of game? Thats what all of life is, and thats what Gods play...a game. What else do you do when you are an all powerfull and all knowing conciousness? So I never believed or pondered over higher conciousness because I always knew that I was already serving my purpose by being here.

"knowledge absolutely has no reason to be true or false, it is a mere mechanism of your survival"

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  23. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yeah, i also think about that as a real possibility, if i were an allmighty bieng such as god, i would create something like this,

and ofcourse people will say well why dosent god show itself to us, well that would defeat the game wouldent it, nobody would try anymore if god just came down and said right,

here are the answers to everything, i do exist and i know it all, now you know it all, see ya later and enjoy the info!,

it would make everything boring and predictable, no more mystery no more game no more motivation, everybody would just stop doing interesting wierd things, and thats not good viewing,

peace.