What qualifies as hate speech or anti-Semitism?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Giambattista, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Emil Valued Senior Member

Many states grant citizenship on grounds of nationality.

Germans, Italians are to blame for fascism?
    Russians are to blame for communism?
    Gypsies are thieves?
    Muslims are extremists?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yes, nationality is a good pre-requisite for citizenship, if I am Indian and my kids are born abroad, they should be able to call themselves Indians if they want to. I come from India, my parent, grandparents are buried here.

However, just because I am a Muslim, does not "entitle" me to a home in Saudi Arabia or Iran or Indonesia or Brunei. That is just stupid. Similarly an Indian Jew should be able to have his children call themselves Indian, a German Jew call his children Germans, an Arab Jew call his children Arabs etc. Geography is not religion, religion is not geography. For any Jew to be able to move to Palestine because of some 2000 year old book is just ridiculous.

When they dispossess the people who live there, whose parents and grandparents are buried there and put them in an open air prison to so so, then its simply criminal. There are many Jews who are against this, but not enough of them are willing to give up their entitlement to the land they have stolen. So as long as its a Jewish state, it represents Jews.

It is my opinion that hate speech should only apply to actual hatred expressed against a people [Muslims are liars, Jews are evil, Christians are whatever] not statements of fact.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

This qualifies as hate speech.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Emil Valued Senior Member

I have talked about anti-semitism and truth and as generalization are very dangerous.
    http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2596303&postcount=34

I want to ask this:
    If you have ten people whom you know sure nine are thieves but one is not. Do not know who is innocent.What should be done with the ten people?

8. Emil Valued Senior Member

Another question.What is the nationality of the Jews?

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The same as that of Muslims, Christians and Buddhists.

Antisemitism is a meaningless word - semite is a language family, not an ethnic group - either call it racism or hate speech.

10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You have blatantly offered hate speech yourself. But, since it is your god given right to do so as it is taught, supported and condoned by your holy book and your god, I am forced to respect your hate speech. Of course, the next course of action on your part is to call me an Islamophobe.

Are you making that claim because it isn't his god given right to do so and the fact that a religion didn't teach it to him?

No need to confirm the fact that you could care less, that is also your god given right.

Hilarious. Will the real peaceful Muslim please stand up. LOL!

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Yet, you yourself posted a map clearly showing the geographical differences with religions.

What about the hatred expressed by Muslims, Jews and Christians as taught by their holy books? Do you consider that acceptable compared with your claim?