What will be the most important invention in the military of the next century!

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by thecurly1, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmguru Staff Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

The Nano motor

From the thread Nano Wine Glass.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

Gimmie a reason why

You have explained rotoary and nano engines but how will this be an important piece of technology related to the military? Thats what i'm wondering about.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

nanomotor

On the nano side.
    If I load a million little bugs (machines) programmed to say ruin ground water and public water supplies and launch them say a hundred vehicles at a time towards the enemy, they won't see them come. They will only see the result of the process if they get down into the realms of submicroscopic. How long will the discovery take? What remedial action would you take to neutralize such an attack? My little nanomotor might be used to disperse such critters along the way. Kind of like a paratrooper jumping out of the plane. If each nanobot is given instructions to build something that pollutes that water in time you have a massive headache if you are the target.

8. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

Interesting...

Sounds within reason, but I still prefere bullets over insects.

9. kmguru Staff Member

Re: Nonomotor:
    Good post. Now that the cat is out of the bag, there is a lot of money going to nanoresearch. Because it is still in the early stages, scientists publish papers which the opponent finds out and copies them. So when the paper publication stops, then there is the race to built the weapons from the last published knowledge.

That means, the opponent will have the same capabilities both offense and defense. The defense will include seek and destroy nanobots that will home in the signature of the offending party.

It is a race no doubt....

We can start a whole new post on this wet1, you do the honors!

10. kmguru Staff Member

Shadow:

You can delete both your postings, then I will delete this one. That way we take the garbage out.....

11. kmguru Staff Member

Re: Interesting...

What will happen if insects eat your bullets? And how many of you will go to far away hostile places? And what you will do if those insects (nanobots) chomp your butt off???

12. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

Oh I'm surprised you haven heard of the newest bug replant? Its called Raid Napalm.

13. kmguru Staff Member

O! curley1

And you have not heard of Depleted Uranium bullets...and still want to play with it? I am surprised...

By the way, those Napalms, they will vaporize you too...

Looks like we are stuck in this thread.....

14. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

I have heard of DU rounds...

Depleated Uranium rounds can be fired from the M1-A1 Abrhams Battle tank. They were used with amazing lethality in the Gulf War, making Russian-built tanks into molten Tonka trucks with great ease.

Maybe the can of Napalm Raid will come with a fire-retardent suit, and gloves. This is giving me a pretty intresting idea for a new business venture... Any investors out there?

Who needs comedians when you crack yourself up?

15. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Napalm Raid? I guess that's what I should have called the hairspray and lit newspaper I used for getting rid of wasp/hornet nests. But it did not contain jellied gasoline.

16. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

I've got it!!!!

A 'Ball Fryer' based on using microwave energy to increase the temperature of the testicles to an intolerable level!

Immediate incapacitation!

Non-lethal (except to future generations)!

A deterent to conflict (who'd want to go on the field of battle?)

Hell, that idea could win me a Nobel Prize! A couple of them!

Just thinking ...

17. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

I think that should be banned by the Geneva accord.

Sounds more inhuman than chemical or bio weapons.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

uh, I going to go find my foxhole. Wake me up when it's over.

19. James Kidder Registered Senior Member

how do you make the lasers ionize air?

20. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

21. kmguru Staff Member

High energy laser automatically ionizes the air...

22. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

how about a virus or nanobug that can wipeout every human on the face of the earth very fast.

perhaps the survivors if any, will learn that figthing each other is pointless in the end

23. Undecided Banned Banned

I think the most important tech. advance in the next century will be with ICBM's. The Russians are developing a manoeuvring warhead for their SS-27's:

Interesting to say the least, if the Russians can actually pull it off, America's NMD will surely never work (it doesn't now anyways). If the Chinese and other states get this tech into their hands, it changes the balance of power yet again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.