What's Bugging You?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by StrangerInAStrangeLand, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

The fact that someone disassembled my lawnmower, and I haven't a clue who or why. I don't know whether I left it outside one night and didn't notice when I put it away or whether someone was in my garage. Petty theft, I suppose, bugs me.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

several things are bugging me
    They require hard work, personal change and the ability to continue moving forward positively

(ideally though and its an ideal not a constant practice...)
    i try not to put energy into things that have negative energy as i find negative thinking to be infectious like a disease. once innitiated it spreads to all things.
    it then requires much more effort to remove the negative aspects that have infected the aspects of that around you(your work, your home, your life in general and those you interact with etc...) which you do not wish to put a negative effect upon

i do not fool myself into thinking i am able to control (all)things in general to the point to which i am required to always maintain control of all external aspects(Buddhist stuff)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

normal kinda life stuff

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Last week, the constant pain in my shoulder from the 28.3 foot pounds at 14.7 feet per second recoil of the 300 win-mag was reminding me that i am getting old and weak. That was bugging me. During the previous 15 years that old rifle provided me with well over 3000 pounds of good wild grass fed red meat----------(sigh)---I will miss using it.
    I have a bit of anxiety wondering if the 308 that replaced the 300 w-m will have the same effective killing power. Well over 90% of the time, the deer fell where they were shot with the 300 w-m, and I ain't a big fan of tracking ones that could still run.
    And that bugs me too.
    But the 308 seems to be a lot gentler on my body, so that is what I'll use for now.
    I think that it will take dropping 3 or 4 deer before I get rid of that anxiety. In the meantime, controlling that anxiety when it is time to take the shot will be another challenge that I will need to overcome.
    Also: the constant petty partisan bickering of the politicians who run my country bugs me too.
    But that is something over which I have no control. So, I treat it as a minor annoyance.

8. sculptor Valued Senior Member