Which Country is the Most Suited?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hungvu, Apr 20, 2004.

1. hungvu Proud American Registered Senior Member

The country with the mightiest military power is undeniably the U.S. but is it the most suited country to have this power? If it is, then Americans should be proud to be Americans. If it is not, which country in the world is better for having it and why?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DoctorNO Ultra Electro Agnostic Registered Senior Member

Canada!
    Canada!
    Canada!
    Canada!
    Canada!
    Canada!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hungvu Proud American Registered Senior Member

DoctorNO,

I believe that Canada (or any other country except for a terrorist country itself), if having such a power, will of course use it to protect itself from terrorism but will it use this power to fight terrorism for the sake of the world? I am not trying to imply that Canada is not a good choice but can you tell me why?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

US, with its great military, is not doing a good job fighting terrorism. The thing about fighting terrorism is that every country has to do it in order for the plan to work.

Country that most deserves to have the greatest military power? LATVIA.

8. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Deserves?

Really?

9. Undecided Banned Banned

I don't think any country deserves that kind of power, it will corrupt them as much as it has corrupted the US psyche. I suggest we give it to the UN, or some other neutral organization of states.

10. otheadp Banned Banned

when you're on top, people hate you... so you need some power to protect yourself

11. DoctorNO Ultra Electro Agnostic Registered Senior Member

Such is human nature. You get too successful and people start to envy you. Finding the slightest reason to hate you.

We are fortunate we have the U.S. as superpower. Else what would have happened if these countries won the war:

Russia (cold war)
    Germany (wwII)
    Japan (wwII)

12. DoctorNO Ultra Electro Agnostic Registered Senior Member

With your first question, who could really tell?

With your second, I chose Canada because I live in it and I love it. Thats all the reason I have for this matter.

13. Whirlwind Banned Banned

There's nothing wrong with America or its people. American's are the most giving on the planet. Just check out the philophantric foundations and agencies that help the needy.

The real problem is every body elses problem.....

GOVERNMENTS and the SCUM BAGS in governments that sic people on other people in order to satisfy their inflated ego's.

Just because America has fallen into the hands of the NEW AGE Nazi's (No different than what the German people experienced between 1925-1945) under Herr Bush, err, err, I mean, Herr Hitler) and there are people who want to suck out our wealth (Israel, China, EU and Russia) doesn't mean that we have to take that sh!t from any of them or that we shouldn't kick this currrent crop of NEOCON(MEN) BASTARDS OUT OF POWER IN NOVEMBER.

These NEW AGE Nazi's have all the money right now (See: G.W. Bush's reelection treasure trove) but I believe that the American people are too smart to be taken in by "EMPIRE MYOPIA" and the perpetual wars that EMPIRE's are constantly into when nations don't "jump" when they snap their IMPERIALISTIC fingers.

It's time for American's to understand that you can't be going around bombing everyone that disagrees with us or has something we went (oil). Obviously, WTC was a painful "learning experience" but "What goes around comes around," I guess it was time we learned that.

Also, I think it's about time that Apartheidnik Israel "TAKES OUT ITS OWN ARAB ENEMIES THEMSELVES" and if STATE SPONSORED TERRORISM turns them on, then let them BLEED UNTIL THEY GET OVER IT!

Whirlwind....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

Or, Americans can wipe out each gov't-sponsored terrorist, till the last one falls. This has scary implications, I know, but may be we should simply get over it, as whirlwind said.

15. Whirlwind Banned Banned

Easier said than done.....

I mean, "how do we get our Whitehouse "TERRORIST" too fall on his sword?

Whirlwind....

16. orestes Strategos Registered Senior Member

Whirlwind, you have a point about Bush's never ending cash sources. When elections get to the point where they can be bought, this country is screwed.

As for the most suited country, the U.S. is best to have it. This is even more true when we dont have a guy like Bush in. The U.S. needs a president that wants to make amends with countries of the world, not blow them up.

17. I don't know I would probably trust a small nation like Latvia with America’s power just because it is small. But personally I would rather Australians or Canadians as heirs apparent. They would both probably be horrified that I think that they share the same values as America mostly.

18. Spyke Registered Senior Member

Wasn't this Tolkien's message? Nobody is capable of having the One Ring and not coming under its influence. If you have it you are compelled to use its power.

19. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

Of course that was Tolkien's message. But shame on you for Spyke for bringing reason and logic into this fools paradise of a thread. For once can't you just let the kids play in the dayroom and not make them make up their beds? Tyrant...

20. rainbow__princess_4 The Ashtray Girl Registered Senior Member

I reckon Vatican City. Why not let the population of 1000 give it a go for once? They're missing out on all the fun!

21. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

Whats a terrorist country ?
    Do you mean a state which deploys irregular forces?
    You listening God?

Funny thing.
    If I was to ask for views on gun control I know a few people here would insist on every citizens right to 'keep and bear arms'.
    But ask those same people 'Who is best suited?' and they all say, "Only us!"

Self interest is no basis for an objective solution.
    Dee Cee

22. Spyke Registered Senior Member

Yep. And the point is, other nations scattered throughout history have had unlimited power before, and were far more abusive of that power than anyone can accuse the US of being. If history is an indicator, the US has been remarkably restrained as a superpower. And most of the West didn't seem to mind being under that superpower umbrella during the Cold War. It's only since 1991 that these nations are beginning to chafe under it and want it to now go away. It's called the First Law of Alliances. When the threat that led to the creation of the alliance is no more, the alliance begins to crumble, and the most powerful member of the alliance suddenly becomes the new threat. And as it becomes the new threat then you begin to see new alliances formed against it.