White holes?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Shadow1, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

sorry, i'm in holiday, so, i'm busy with having fun,
    it's about white holes,
    i didnt understand much of it,
    well here is it:
    link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hole

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

to be honest, i didnt understand anything of this, the only thing i understood, that, it's like an unstable wormhole, or, black hole, is a hole, suck mater, and white holes, just take it somewhere else,and black holes, ony exist, in some cases of a star death, anyway,
    so, can anyone explain more to me, in english pleas,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Stop spamming!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. prometheus viva voce! Registered Senior Member

It's hard to see how any natural phenomenon could ever create a white hole. I feel, while black holes almost certainly exist, white holes almost certainly do not.

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Wasn't there speculation at some point that any time a black hole was formed the "corresponding" white one also came into existence?

9. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

i don't know, i didnt understand much this post, that i posted here,

10. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

maybe yes, maybe no, you can say that we almosy know nothing about white holes, or black holes,

11. jmpet Valued Senior Member

White holes- as you hope they would work- do not exist. There are no spots in the universe where matter is pouring out from nothingness- that goes against conservation.

12. superstring01 Moderator

Yeah. They are called "stars". There's one really close to us. If that doesn't work for you, then what you're probably looking for are neutron stars. They are pretty far off, but still visible using telescopes.

~String

13. prometheus viva voce! Registered Senior Member

Are you thinking of the Schwarzschild wormhole? They're pretty difficult to justify physically because you need substances with negative mass to hold them open.

If you don't know what the discussion is about you probably shouldn't be responding.

14. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

I think that white holes were proposed by Hawking to solve information loss. If black holes made a doorway to another universe, and the stuff that fell into a black hole exited through the white hole, there would be no problem with information loss. The information would just be transferred from one universe to another.

Today, most theorists would agree that this idea is not right, but the fact that some people historically took white holes as a viable phenomenon is a testament to how bad the information loss problem actually was.

15. Neverfly Banned Banned

Good one

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If I understand right- White holes are allowable by the math, but not necessarily allowable by the universe.

16. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

As commented by Prom, they relate to the Schwarzchild wormhole. When you construct the Penrose diagram for a Schwarzchild space-time you need white holes in order to make a complete diagram.

17. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

so, the while holes, can be like, wormholes, but unsunstable

18. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

I think there is something of a possiility.

Black holes actually do have something similar to an asteroid belt or the rings of saturn.

But its light not matter, if light hits the right angle it will actually orbit the black hole. Many large black holes near light sources would have such rings of light, but if an object intersects the light the light will lose orbit.

If a black hole dies and loses gravity the accumulated light orbiting the black hole would scatter in all directions.

19. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

but the black holes also suck light,
    so, you're saying, like, it was attracting, but when it dies, it lets it's prisoners free,
    anyway, how does a black hole die?

20. Neverfly Banned Banned

You mean the Event Horizon?

What could cause such a thing and what does this have to do with white holes?