Who likes gothic girls?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by A4Ever, Dec 4, 2002.

1. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

You really think alot of yourself don't you?
    It seems to me like you're the only one here who DOES care what's cool and what isn't.
    Ok, true enough. But if you're being yourself, who cares who they're being or why? That's their business...
    Ok and what about those of us who like the bands for ourselves. I liked Korn WAY before they made it big. I bought the Linkin Park cd before the first single had been released an no one knew who they were. If I were to pretend not to like them just cause pop culture does like them, I'd be just as controlled as those who pretend they DO like them cause of pop-culture. The fact of the matter is I LIKE THEM, and it really shouldn't have to go any further than that...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Amen!

Cause in the end, it doesn't even matter...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

^teehee.

i like korn cuz they are awesome to dance to.

there was a team that competed with "falling away from me" one year... they had on black and white camo pants with a black meshy top.. and they had they're faces all painted up with black tribal designs and stuff, and they're hair was all pulled up the same way, and then dyed different colors at the ends.. and they had this jewl things on their hair.... and when they erformed.. instead of being "peppy" and smling.. they had like.. no expression. glaring type facials.. its was awesome.. they took first place.

8. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Night,
    That sounds like it musta been really cool!

9. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

the overall effect just left you sitting ther drooling it was great.... but then.. i drool over any well-choreographed routine.

10. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

You are really making this personal. Unless you are a trendy then i cant see a logical reason in you being blind, as you are obviously not reading what thor is writing.

Looks like i didnt realise there is an abundance of trendies in this forum who do things only because they think its cool.

Ive only just realised that you may not know what trendy is, i believe the american terminology is: mallkid.

11. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

First off, Nightfall, you seriously need a spell checker

I don't know why you lot are defending people who are "stealing" a culture they clearly aren't a part of. You obviously don't feel as strongly about it as myself and Captain Crunch. Or you're oblivipous to the fact that it's happening as you are one of them!

No, I don't. But I do think highly of the culture I was brought up in and still a part of.

You may twist my words and thoughts all you like. You are the one who sounds like he's in it to be cool. I do not care what people think of me.

I agree with you to a certain point. (I've said this at least 5 times before in this thread) When they start exploiting our culture then it becomes my business

Fair deal. I mean, I like a Korn song (Blind) and I'm even going as far to admit I like OLP. I like said bands not because of hype but because they actually mean something to me. But when someone says to me 'The Androids' rock more than the mighty Maiden, I draw the line (Yes, someone has said that to me!!).

I urge you all to read what I've said previously and actually try to understand what is being said. This is not a battle you can win as we have first hand experience with this and are in the know!

Even though it may not be intentional, you are personally attacking me and who I am

12. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Isn't it Mallcore?

13. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

yeah yeah yeah.. i know.... but its not that im a bad speller.. i just have long nails and they slide off the keys.. and.. stuff... but i do my best!

the reson i defend it is becuase i think the term is highly overused. i think that people call others tredies and a million other words of the like just becuase they are the same thing but want to look cooler. in my entire life i think ive only met a small handfull of that kind of person. two that i can recall... i think the others are just misjudged normal people who like something and dont like others. i dont see why we shoul label people for their liked and dislikes. perhaps if we stopeed labeling these "trendies" wouldnt feel so out of place.

14. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

15. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Nightfall, this is the problem. The United Kingdom is now crawling with "trendies". And they don't feel out of place. But they are...

My college is practically overflowing with both "Trendies" and "Townies/Neds".

It is advisable to read that article Captain posted

16. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

Captain Crunch:
    i feel so.... enlightened..

lol almost everything had the same answer with a few different words.

Thor:
    ohhh... thats why.. its cuz your in the uk and im in america and we're better over here.

17. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I refuse to believe its only a problem over here. The explosion has happened internationally

18. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Do the real cultural kids need....Lebensraum?

By the way, I'll take Korn over Iron Maiden every day. This not to be cool, but because I heard both and decided.

19. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

what?

did you actually read it?

Extracts from the link; Example:

and

How are they the same?

*edit-spell check*

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I actually don't like metallers to be devided into different categries - metal is metal

21. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Thor, sorry, didn't mean to personally insult you.

I guess I don't really fit in to this thread cause I don't see a use for labels anyway. I don't label any of you as goth OR trendy. I label you as Counselercoffee, Thor, Nightfall, etc... That's just how I work. I've never seen the point of labels... These arguments in this thread show why. Either you're fighting to stay labeled, or not to be labeled... Seems kinda useless to me.

22. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

You label me, I label you...so I dub thee unforgiven.

23. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Now we're cooking with fire. Great song

This is more than about labels. Its about what people in the "trendy" label are doing and how it is changing the music industry for the worse among many, many other things. As Captain Crunch already said, it would take a book on the subject for you to understand what is going on and how we feel about it.

It's ok, but what I am fighting for means so much to me. It is who I am.