Why is it selfish to not want children?

visceral_instinct

Monkey see, monkey denigrate
Valued Senior Member
I seem to get this charge levelled at me a lot.

Why?

What is selfish about not wanting to reproduce?

I can see why being focused more on your own life and career to take care of it could be seen as selfish, but, why is not wanting one in the first place selfish?

I don't believe I owe the world a little Visceral Instinct. There are enough humans destroying the place as it is.

Because then my progeny have to pay for your debilitated, crippled old ass.

This is why we can't have nice things.

I don't think it's selfish to not want to have children, but it is selfish to have children if you are unhealthy

Is that your open-mindedness speaking ?

That doesn't have to do with open mindedness. Open minded doesn't mean tolerant, it means being able to consider another opinion. I can consider the other opinion yet I choose not to tolerate it. Humanity will be better off healthy and genetically fit.

Eugenics is good.

That doesn't have to do with open mindedness. Open minded doesn't mean tolerant, it means being able to consider another opinion. I can consider the other opinion yet I choose not to tolerate it. Humanity will be better off healthy and genetically fit.

Eugenics is good.
:facepalm:

How is that different from me considering your opinion and deciding that you are a moron ?

:facepalm:

How is that different from me considering your opinion and deciding that you are a moron ?

I'm not deciding anyone is a moron or wrong. I simply don't agree; I acknowledge that I am no more right than they.

I'm not deciding anyone is a moron or wrong. I simply don't agree; I acknowledge that I am no more right than they.

Yet you want to prevent them from having kids because they are not good enough according to you.

Yet you want to prevent them from having kids.

Yes, because my opinion is that that is right.

Let me rephrase: I acknowledge that I am not any more objectively correct than they. We have our different opinions; thus, what matters most is power.

Let me rephrase: I acknowledge that I am not any more objectively correct than they. We have our different opinions; thus, what matters most is power.

lol
Just can it, alright.

Objeccivelyyccorreecct?? WWWhheen aaal abouut thhe woorrlldd iiss ppeeeopllee iinn bbdaadd hheeallttthhhhh wwhhoo oonnee ddaay ddeseerrvve tto have children if that's wwhaaat tthhheeyywwanntt?????
WWhhooaaaree yyoou tttllllkkinngaaabouut NNoorrssefiirree??? SSUuurreelllyy nnnottyyyoourrrseellllff rrigghhtttt???

Back