Will we see a change in US foreign policy ?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Challenger78, May 20, 2008.

1. otheadp Banned Banned

What happened was there was no knockout, and the US public, with its really short attention span and impatience, and with their representatives in Senate and Congress who need the votes from those voters, have changed their mind.

While everyone wants the troops home, only Bush has the "buck" of doing so responsibly. He gets to be the lightning rod for everyone's change of opinion. It's convenient to toss the responsibility at him. It's also very easy, given the crowd mentality. I'm glad that he is hanging in there despite the daily disgusting attacks on his character and the huge pressure not to. While I'm sure he wants the troops home just like everyone else, he knows that it must be done right. Anyway, when the dust settles and Iraq is stable people will admit aloud that it was a good project, and will thank G-d that Bush hung in there to its completion.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

Sure things change but like an elephant it moves slow and once it gets moving it is hard to stop.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

And given the fact that the entire disaster was his responsibility, while his posse made hundreds of billions of dollars in profit and got tax breaks all around - didn't even have to pay the overhead.

W&Co can thank whatever malformed Gods they praise for the short memory of the US public.

If the US public ever starts actually recalling how they got into this mess, he and his minions are going to jail.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I missed this quip of otheadp's: "Live up to your responsibility, hype. (There is every reason to believe, given your hypocrisy, that you too were "for it before you were against it".)"

No, I was mad as hell- not only was I ranting here in those days, I also went to Washington to express my opposition before the invasion.

8. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Not as long as the Israeli lobby is running the agenda.

The president is just a waiter in a restaurant owned by lobby groups.

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v28/n06/mear01_.html

9. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Yes. Bend over, US. Foreigners finally will get what they want.

10. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

What is it that "foreigners" want in your view?

11. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Our uvula.

12. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Well, yours, anyway.

Ours are too well protected.

Cold..dead...uvulae.

13. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

all us anti US posters would applaud an isolationist US. Of course, unless japan started invading australia.