Wormholes

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Alpha, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

----The Short Version For The "Believers"----

We need to build an "Anti-Gravity" machine in order to pass into a black hole and come out the other end in one piece.

Since the theory is that a wormhole forms when two singularitys' meet by chance creating a tunnel through "space-time".

Summerized by The Talented Mr. Tristan. I love all you fans out there!

Later
    T

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

Actually it's saying we can use soliton radiation (ghost radiation) to keep wormholes open so we can travel through them. But we'd need to convert the mass of jupiter into energy to have enough energy to send a person thorugh.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enqrypzion Registered Senior Member

or..

..we add a little it too much positive energy and create a whole new universe. that way we have plenty of jupiters to play with

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I would like to ask everyone that actually is planning to do that to create a shield for Earth first, so we will actually exist afterwards to see the result.

How about the Sun? It has plenty of Jupiters lying around and we might be able to use the particles coming from the solar winds aswell.

For sending small things through (mini-radiotransmitter?) much less energy woud be needed, that might be worth an experiment first.

If we're able to stretch it enough to let photons through, or just quarks or so, we would be able to "pull the plug from the bathtub" and displace matter from Earth to somewhere else. That'll leave us with a lighter Earth, set loose Moon, less atmosphere, less spacial impact (meteors), a smaller magnetic field thus more radiation, in other words: a problem.
    We might want to search for a way to RETRIEVE matter from such a worm hole. That way we will get that Jupiter together aswell

(leaving us with a problem again as it would destroy our orbit around the Sun).

We would be able to create a great Quantum-Wormhole Engine with it!

8. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

I don't think we're in any danger of creating a new universe any time soon. Whether we want to or not.
    Not only do we need massive amounts of energy, but we can't just go and convert, say, well, jupiter into energy! Even if we could, we couldn't turn it 100% into energy. Much of it would be lost. Right now there's just no practical way of doing it.
    I think it'll be a big thing when we can send a particle through a wormhole!

9. zonabi free thinker Registered Senior Member

u sure like Jupiter !

i personally think that physical life forms aren't meant to travel thru wormholes, only spiritual life forms, meaing: life forms that are pure energy, and have no physical bodies, so to speak of.

well, i mean natural wormholes, perhaps building a small one could prove to be beneficial, yet i am not sure.

10. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

I'm saying Jupiter because it has the correct amount of mass (approximately).

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Sounds pretty dangerous.

Don't play with that, kids...

How would they be able to expand it? nd how would they be able to control where the person would go? I would go. Sounds like a cool adventure, even tough it's dangerous!