Would it be possible to allow embeded videos in SciForums?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Bubber, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Spurious, there was a nifty Java program that allows you to do that with some cameras, I'll have to hunt the link.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

There is a new feature that new members with less than 20 posts cannot post URL links. This will cut down on a lot of spam.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bubber Herbal Cannabinoid Lover Registered Senior Member

Agreed. But this does not require enabling html. There is a hack that allows this to work without enabling html. It is in wide use and I even posted a link to more info on it.

I know it's hard, but you have to follow the links to get the information above because i couldn't embed it in my post for you.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

i fid it really strange that you registered in 2002, have only 35 or so posts, i never seen you until the admins disabled HTML. i am stroking my chin wondering why you decided to make your appearance and suggest "workarounds".

8. draqon Banned Banned

he might be deleting his threads...to protect privacy.

9. Bubber Herbal Cannabinoid Lover Registered Senior Member

I used to read this forum from time to time when I lived in Washington. I moved and had little time for anything but work for a long time and I recently rediscovered this forum. I could provide w-2's or any other records you might require if you like. If you don't like the idea I've put forward for no other reason than "I don't like it" then fine, I cannot argue that point.

But if those mentioned above are your only concerns, then I feel I've done a good job of showing you that those concerns are unfounded. It is a simple code that could easily be disabled if it proved to be a bad idea. I just thought it sounded like a fine idea that could be implemented with little effort on the part of the admins.

You all have a fine forum here and I thoroughly enjoy it. I get the feeling that you don't like the idea because of some "upstart with only 30 posts" mentioned it. I just started posting here but I really don't see how that would have any weight in this issue.

10. draqon Banned Banned

...they call the newbs...

11. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Hmmmm...HIGHLY suspicious.

12. Bubber Herbal Cannabinoid Lover Registered Senior Member

Please tell me straight out what, exactly, your suspicions are, and I will do my best to set your mind at ease. That is all I can do

13. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

I think you are an agent of the illuminati.

14. draqon Banned Banned

I see what you mean...now...

15. Bubber Herbal Cannabinoid Lover Registered Senior Member

That will be hard to disprove.... would it help if I said "Bush is a twinkie?"

16. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

17. draqon Banned Banned

using a common ideology to form a bond? how primitive...

18. Bubber Herbal Cannabinoid Lover Registered Senior Member

But does it help?

19. draqon Banned Banned

...may I....ehhem....should I...a higher state of the hierarchial pyramid member repeat myself.? How impolite...Using an innocent humble creature "Bush" as a fish bait...

20. Bubber Herbal Cannabinoid Lover Registered Senior Member

I can think of several words to describe Bush. Humble does not leap to mind.

21. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

How about "Agent 457?"

22. draqon Banned Banned

oh...but...how will you connect than with us...how will you form the bond? if you cannot see Bush as humble innocent peacefull economically-friendly deligthfull individual? you better open your heart...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. Bubber Herbal Cannabinoid Lover Registered Senior Member

Who is suspected of being an agent of the Illuminati here?