Would most people take COVID19 more seriously if they thought it was a bioweapon?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by wegs, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Seattle Valued Senior Member

We're wealthy. We own 46% of most things in the world.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Any reference for that?
    I did find this......
    https://www.investopedia.com/articl...richest-and-poorest-countries-capita-2016.asp

Countries With Highest Wealth per Adult
    1. Switzerland: Wealth per Adult: $539,657
    While the country comprises only about 0.1% of the world’s population, it accounts for almost 2.3% of the top 1% of global wealth. That makes the Swiss 11 times wealthier than the average world citizen.

2. Australia: Wealth per Adult: $424,723
    The tenth-largest economy by GDP according to the World Bank in 2017, Australia is home to nearly 3.2% of the world’s richest 1%, even though it represents just half a percent of the world’s population.

3. United States: Wealth per Adult: $403,974
    It makes sense that the largest economy in the world is also home to the most prosperous people, but a third-place ranking reflects significant wealth inequality. According to the Global Wealth Report, over 20 million Americans belong to the bottom quintile of global wealth.

4. Belgium: Wealth per Adult: $312,000
    For a country with a population of only about 11 million, the wealth per adult is quite high. A strong economy and labor market, plus gains in average wages, fuel the appreciation of wealth in a country with little wealth inequality.

5. New Zealand: Wealth per Adult: $302,216
    Market appreciation and favorable currency movements have helped increase New Zealand's wealth, and it finds itself in the fifth-place spot on the list for per capita adult wealth.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Ah, is this the new “bash the United States” thread?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Or this
    https://www.smh.com.au/business/the...hest-people-in-the-world-20181109-p50eyc.html

The United States is home to more millionaires than any other country in the world. But whether the country is truly the wealthiest in the world depends on how you measure. Judging by where the greatest number of people are well off, Australia is taking the top spot.

A report released by Credit Suisse in October says the US is “in the lead” when it comes to global wealth. Yet a closer look at the numbers in that report reveals a different story.

While it’s true that wealth in the US is growing faster than anywhere else in the world, it’s not the richest when you compare the average amount of wealth per adult.

That prize goes to Switzerland, as you can see in the map below. Australia is in second place, ahead of the US.

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Only as far as their generally ridiculous views on gun ownership.

9. Seattle Valued Senior Member

It was a joke dummy.

Although it's true enough that your opportunities to be wealthy in the U.S. are better than most places. Even this statement isn't meant to denigrate other countries who are doing well so I'm not sure why the attack on the U.S. is so prevalent in this thread.

We get it, our President is an idiot. We don't need a lecture. We agree.

10. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

If statistics are bash-ful, I guess it is.

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Settle settle my find feathered friend, you'll have a coronary!!

The US has a gun problem that the rest of the world recognises and as James raised. I do get it though, I did cost you 10 points when you previously acted like a dummy!

I'm attacking no one except the prevalence of dummies that voted your commander in chief dummy into power.

12. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Can we go back to the original topic? There are plenty of political threads bashing America and Americans. Thanks

13. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Those 10 points cost me dearly. It's hard to recoup 10 points.
    Yes, dummies voted in Trump. The fly over states do have a gun problem as well.

If you look at where all the people actually live, no one voted for Trump and everyone agrees with your comment about the gun problem.

Sorry, Wegs for the thread derailment.

14. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

No worries, I just get tired of political sparring on here unless it’s in a thread that seems to fit that. Lol

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I have met a few US citizens and found all bar one, to be nice decent people.
    And of course the arsehole you US citizens have in power at this time, can be readily matched with our own version of dummy as Prime Minister.

16. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

No bashing was involved in mentioning that a significant portion of the American people, including the president elected by that significant portion, do take a war-like stance against all threats, and do regard firearms as necessary to their safety - even against a virus.
    What's relevant to the thread is: that segment is much more likely to believe that any epidemic is germ warfare.
    How they respond to that perception of threat may sometimes be inappropriate to the actual threat.

17. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Thanks for yet another lecture, Jeeves on the ills of America. Please stop justifying why you’re turning this topic into a bash America thread. We get it, you hate America.

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

19. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

There are bad people everywhere, but also good. I try to discern between the two, based on their actions, not on geography.

I read a bit about him during the Australian fires and he seems to not be a man of the people, is that a fair assessment?

20. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I agree. You know how Americans are.

21. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Now let's be fair to Jeeves, Wegs. He hates everyone and everything.

wegs likes this.
  22. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

I don't, actually. I'm still hoping it will come through this crisis with the fewest possible casualties.
    If you ask a question, you should prepare for answers you don't like.
    However, if you want a response strictly on topic:
    "Would most people take Covid-19 more seriously if they thought it was a bioweapon?"
    Yes, they would.
    (And their response would be counterproductive, because it isn't.)

23. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Hey, yeh! It would confuse the hell out of him.