Wtf is with all the Middle east threads

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by soullust, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It's just commentary of course

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. IamJoseph Banned Banned

That's what I keep telling Iran, Hamas, Hezbullah and Obama - oops, I mean Osama. Let's break this cycle and listen to a cute new song instead:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/138631

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. HappyGirl Registered Member

i was searching for a place to discuss Islam, Christianity and science
    this site was the first result in my search

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. soullust Registered Senior Member

Oh there are Plenty of forums, about Islam to chat in, Please Make no new ones though.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  8. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Our focus on SciForums is science. But we have a Comparative Religion subforum in which religion can be discussed following the rules of science. In other words, all assertions must be supported by evidence, and supernatural phenomena and creatures (such as gods) are never acceptable as evidence. We also have a Religion subforum in which the rules are relaxed.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is it worth the destruction of their way of life? Having a foreign government, people, culture, language, religion and administration imposed upon you? The natives of Canada didn't know much about surviving an occupation, the Palestinians are an old hand at it. There are 10 million Palestinians today, eventually, they will get right of return, and that will be that. Meanwhile, it is unlikely that Judaism will survive Israel. This is the Middle East, not North America.

10. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Of course Judaism will survive Israel; it's not about zionism and segregation. Judaism is older and deeper than that. And native American spirits still influence our times, teaching things all people are in need of learning: We're all always the same, and this common existence/world is not/can never be ours to claim as our bloody spoils- that's a laughable joke before all that was/is/will be and all devout people know it.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I don't think so, it has lost its integrity, disconnected from God, which is a kind of rerun of what keeps happening to the Jewish religion. The only "real Jews" now are archaic throwbacks to another age. What is Judaism, according to you?

12. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Judaism is the voice before Christ and Muhammed that said "I Am". Some people hang a very long time on his every word. Some people wait for something new. I think the truth is back there if we listen carefully, and glimpse that we can't lose God over land, or anything material if we ever found him because this and more than we can see is all his show.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is it? So why aren't they listening? The religion is mutated beyond recognition, it has become a race and they are fighting for a land for which they have abandoned God. If the only Jews left are Neturei Karta its time for the funeral of Judaism.

14. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Of course Israel is not really a religious creation, and theology is irrelevant. After ethnic segregation ends in the Middle East (and I know it will, just like it has been ending elsewhere) there will still be Jews. Zionism (Israel as ethnic fortress) is not an inextricable notion from the beliefs of most Jews- nor is it inextricable from the religion. I am no Jew, but I know that the Bible says no Israel without the Messiah, and all Jews are still waiting, whether they acknowledge their scriptures or not.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Of course there will, but they will be a race as they have chosen to become. Jews sans Taurat.

16. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Jews are/will be complete without the State of Israel as we know it today, and there will always be many more enduring and fulfilled ethnicities than state names. We'll continue to get used to this. Judaism did. Modern Israel as fulfillment of prophesy is a joke of Biblical proportions.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Modern Israel is in contravention of Jewish beliefs, not a fulfilment of prophesy. From Maimonedes to settlers on the west bank, religious Jews oppose zionism.

18. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

No argument here (sorry, I tried).

19. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

The essence of Judaism is their breach of the Covenant and the resulting three(?) millennia of punishment by God. They were supposed to spread monotheism to the entire human race, and instead they founded the only Abrahamic religion that is not evangelical.
    Remember, Judaism is a system of laws, not doctrines. The laws keep evolving. As long as you obey the laws you can be an atheist.
    That's perhaps just a teeny weeny bit hyperbolic. In America (where arguably the largest population of Jews live) it's the Orthodox congregations--the most religious Jews--who are the knee-jerk Zionists. The Conservative and especially the Reform communities are losing their patience with Israel. As the older generation dies off, Orthodox will become a minor sect in America.

The only way the Orthodox will be able to maintain their control over Israeli politics is their nefarious plot to block immigration by Conservative and Reform Jews and their "improperly" converted Gentile spouses.

20. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Are these alleged Zionists even religious? At all?

We frequently hear about this and that demagogue and their relationship to the predominant religion in that country or that region and they're always pinned to that ideal.

"George Bush and Dick Cheney are born again Christians!"

"The Saudi Royal Family are model Muslims!"

"Benjamin Netanyahu is a righteous Jew!"

Are any of those statements even accurate?

Or are those statements just examples of people capitalizing on the respective religions?

Sandy's insistence that Cheney is a born again Christian who will get a "Well done!" from Jesus in heaven to me is not only questionable, but so laughable that I really think Sandy is a 40 year old, sexually frustrated, socially awkward male who has some type of fetish for whoever that woman is in her avatar. And enjoys satirizing the hardcore neo-conservative faction.

Am I wrong to have these thoughts? Am I normal?

21. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

There have been a number of attempts to cull the noise about the Middle East, considering they tend to end up in "World Events" and well although they are apart of the world, they aren't the whole thing.

Maybe in biblical times they thought they were the world, but over the centuries from that point explorers circumnavigated the globe and eventually the usage of satellites allowed a greater in depth study of the earth's surface, as well as other planets.

Since we really have no control over the noise they make (meaning those that post on the subject), the only thing you can really do is ignore them, much like the posters in those threads usually do to responses if you get involve in their discussion.

22. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

it may have something to do with the amount of info on it. I mean we all know(or at least we should) about how under aged girls and boys get roped into being whored out for sex tourism in Thailand but their isn't all that much info out on it.

23. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

That's because nobodies fighting a war over there yet. After all the press follows wars to sell newspapers (or attempt to sell electronic ones now) or televised news articles. If elements of the press were out hunting down sex tourism, I doubt they would be reporting their antics.

There is then of course the whole usage of "Propaganda", you see if you aren't spoon fed how to think, then your potentially quite dangerous thinking for yourself

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!