Yellowstone caldera eruption

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Citizen Flumpkin, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Citizen Flumpkin Registered Senior Member

Am I the only person on earth that is worried about this?? Not only because my whole freaking family happens to live on this "dormant" lake of fire......but also because it would have an effect on a global scale. Nuclear winter caused by volcanic ash just doesn't sound like a whole lotta fun. I dunno......just a hopeless worrywart I spose. But if you have thoughts on this monster that is overdue for eruption by about 65,000 years or so....let me know. Thankya

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

are you saying that this thing will erupt 65,000 yrs. from now, then what the hell are you worring about. you'll be dead by then

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ste_harris Net Ninja Registered Senior Member

over due 65,000 years :bugeye: it could be like the buses you wait 60 odd millenia for one then two come along together

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Citizen Flumpkin Registered Senior Member

OVERdue!

Yes this means that it is 65,000 years LATE. And yeh.....It would sure suck dog if it came along like two smelly speeding buses. I lived in that area my whole life (well until about 8 years ago) and it is as if everyone including myself was obliviouos to this THING that is a national "park" where people take their children to camp and fish. It homes 1/2 of all the natural geysers in the world so that should give you an idea about it's activity. people should really read up on it.....it's rather interesting. It lies in a state called WYOMING...most probably have never heard of such a place.

8. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

And I thought yellowstone was a symbol of human decency.
    Turns out the only reason it was "reserved for nature" was because its going to blow up.

Continuously reaching new levels of dissapointment,
    Dr Lou Natic

9. Citizen Flumpkin Registered Senior Member

Good point, Dr. Lou!

Another way the government plots against us.......behind the innocent facade of nature!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

By the way......I hear you can inflict pain on others with superhuman powers.......by any chance can you RELIEVE pain?? Because my unborn son has had his ass wedged into my pelvic area for months now and it hurts like hell! Apparently he does everything ass backward just like his father.