your death

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by chimpkin, Apr 22, 2011.

1. drumbeat Registered Senior Member

1. No idea.
    2. What will be will be. Would like to make it to being an old man though.
    3. Cremated probably. Donate maybe.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

1. When I fell off a 3rd story roof at age 5, and woke up 3 days later in a body cast.

2. That we never know when our time will come... So, live for today.

3. I've already made arrangements to donate my body to a Body Farm.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. gmilam Valued Senior Member

I have no enemies that I know of.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

We could put everybody in one of my Holy Grail Wooden Urns . One for everyone . One great big urn and put everyone in it

8. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

My bitterest enemy has not got 300K- that's 100 k for mom, 100k for my wife, 100k for my brother.

But if he did? sure.

9. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

O.K. anything for a buck. I'll do it

10. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

When I was 8-10 years old and almost drowned in a swimming pool.

I don't fear death (though I do fear certain ways of dying, like burning to death). But I would hate to die now when I'm healthy and have a lot of life left to live.

I want to be cremated and then have strippers snort my ashes off each other's boobs.

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I'm impressed at the stances here.

12. Skeptical Registered Senior Member

1. As a child.
    2. No. Death is not to be feared. As Socrates said, it is just a long sleep without dreams. No pain. No discomfort. No problems. Mind you, I think the future is going to be fascinating, and I am pissed that I am going to miss so much of it.
    3. I gave my wife instructions to get rid of my disgusting and decomposing remains in the cheapest way legally possible. No marker or memorial. Once people forget who you were, then a lump of granite with your name on it is pointless anyway. Here in New Zealand, as far as I know, the cheapest legal method is cremation. She can do with my ashes whatever she wants. I will certainly not be worrying about it!

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

when I was in Sunday School and found out I was going to live with Jesus

I think more of the memorial service and how I want it planned. I have my songs already picked out and how the service will proceed. I'm in my 40s

I'm a full body donor and my family is aware of this. Come hell or high water, I'm going to medical school so my Mom can stop complaining. lol.

14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

When I was young, around 4-5.

I am Interested to see death, Isra.

Only the most high knows when it will be.

Peace.

15. Jdk5191 Registered Member

i first realized my mortality when discovery and history channel depicted the 2012 possibility from the dead sea scrolls, i think i was 12, i developed a panic disorder at the thought

now im 20, almost.. i know it is inevitable, so i try to live as long and happily as possible, work hard, enjoy everything, take the bad with the good, remember as many experiences as possible, you can prolong the inevitable but you can't deny it, kinda like rent

when i'm gone, take my body, and have fun, post my head on a mailbox, no one will fu** with your house, scatter the limbs wherever they put the dude from braveheart, feed me to a killer whale, turn me into mulch and use me to grow cannabis, cut off my fingers and run back to my mcdonalds screaming " you call this a chicken select?!?! (use the middle finger for added humor)" i could care less what some other person would do with a corpse... just no necrophelia

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

You walked around for 12 years not realizing you was going to taste death one day?

Peace.

17. Jdk5191 Registered Member

i never thought i was invincible, i guess it wasn't when i knew i was gunna die one day, it was when the realization of its inevitability set in, saw the clock ticking, especially given the circumstances i mean, a scary movie is just lights fake blood and music, but to hear on discovery channel that a lot of people think the earth is gunna turn to dust with in 10 years, it gave a me a sense that the hour glass started filling up quicker?

18. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Yes this is what you go through when you come to the understanding of your own physical mortality and how short life is, Just yours seems very late to me, around the age of puberty around 8 years longer in that state than I was., Simular to a child of Faith. some keep faith throughout their whole lives and remain in that bissfull mind-state. you were living a bliss-full existence until you questioned your eternal self .

Peace.

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

aw come on! Why not? :shake: How is sex worse than chopping it up?

20. Jdk5191 Registered Member

to put it simply, ignorance is bliss, i had other things to worry about, i was self conscious, smart mouthed, and hard headed, just the way things worked out for me

21. Jdk5191 Registered Member

well i guess if a woman wanted something stiff, i could lend a hand

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

but no sticks in the crack comprendes?

22. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Why do you worry about anything at-all, what will be, will be.

23. Jdk5191 Registered Member

if you knew, you'd understand, but some things i only share amongst trusted company