Your favorite artists

My favorite, though, would have to be Alex Grey.

Interesting stuff, looks like a 1960's acid trip.

TheSource.jpg

Goya! The following painting is one of my all time favs. It's the only piece of art that truly makes me feel something. I think it is a truly disturbing painting.

goya.jpg

Would you hang something like that in your house?

Definitely! I just asked my family if they'd mind and they said, "Woah, that's cool" and "Yeah why not". Although I much prefere my adaptation:

allyourbabiessv3.gif

I couldn't have that in my house. It doesn't make me feel good. lol
I wouldn't want to pass that thing day to day, or wake up to it next to my bed!

Last edited:
Yeah, I suppose we must be like The Addams Family or something. :D

I also enjoy Joan Miro...

Joan Miró i Ferrà (April 20, 1893 – December 25, 1983) was an ethnic Catalan (of Spanish nationality) painter, sculptor and ceramicist born in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.

Earning international acclaim, his work has been interpreted as Surrealism, a sandbox for the subconscious mind, a re-creation of the childlike, and a manifestation of Catalan pride. In numerous interviews dating from the 1930s onwards, Miró expressed contempt for conventional painting methods as a way of supporting bourgeoise society, and famously declared an "assassination of painting" in favor of upsetting the visual elements of established painting.[1]

nocturne.jpg

miro26.JPG

Andy Warhol

erez.jpg

The question is not "Is it art?" The question is, "When is it art?"

As Duchamps' urinal asked the question, "What brings art from the commonplace to the artworld?" so too does Warhols' Brillo pads and Marylin silkscreens. So... dare I ask... what brings the commonplace to the gallery?

Back