Your IQ

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Rubiks, May 20, 2004.

1. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

As far as I know, the Myers-Briggs was effectively thought up by a couple of women, who looked at words and their meanings and applied them to people, such as "thoughtful" and "introverted" etc, and came up with a bunch of questions that would elicit answers about these words. The key point is that it was all done from scratch, and has not been tested scientifically in any way, as far as I know. They constructed a particular world view themselves. I'm not saying its totally innacurate, just that it is a blunt instrument.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Not so much from stratch they built it. The theory actually comes fromt he works on Jung... I have not read his books really but from what I have read (at Barnes and Noble.. I rarely buy books.. lol) he makes at least some sense.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Well some tests take everything (spatial, verbal, logic, math) and test it all at one time. I think a more accurate picture (although still not accurate enough to call a true IQ test) is when you are tested seperately for each element.

It might seem that you have a fairly balanced preference to each "type." Someone like me that is prettyy strong on every side is generally described very well by their "personality type." Though an argument, which I agree with, is that MB is not so much a personlity test but a test to see how your brain is wired. The arguement is that our brain is born with certain preferences and as we get older, we only reinforce them more and more... but also we slowly build the other preferences, too (like an appreciation)

Man, why do I feel like I cannot type at all today? Or spell? Maybe too much caffeine yesterday together with 2 hours of sleep.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Here's an article on the limits of personality tests I found interesting...

On the other hand, isn't this a good description?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!