Your website security

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by SKULLZ, Sep 9, 2004.

1. SKULLZ Banned Banned

I noticed my computer appeared to be under the control of someone else when writing a reply,words id write would dissapear,is this a known issue/bug or is it where someone else is in charge?

Occurs to me that your website is out of date security wise if this can happen,my computer is well up to date.

I also noticed something else where id click on a forum thread and be re-directed to some dodgy webpage.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Never had any of the problems you describe, except this:
    Some asshole posted scripts, alas the posts and user are now gone.

Otherwise, no probs. Perhaps your browser was hijacked, I never noticed any security leaks here.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I too haven't noticed anything of such nature.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

You can't do this on a webpage. You need something installed on your computer for this to happen, which means it's actually your computer which is insecure. Browsers just don't work this way.

If you're on a school computer it is probably just an admin messing with you. Look for a little white VPN icon next to the clock.

8. SKULLZ Banned Banned

I AM the admin of my own laptop computer,im not at school,i left school about 8 years ago lol.

But no im not high up in knowledge on computers,i just know its up to date,got a firewall,got antivirus,thats all up to date,and im running winxp,and its only happened in this forum,so you can understand (especially with that other thing with the dodgy website) why i might think it was something to do with the site.

Listen all i know is when i clicked on reply a few times i found in the middle of writing a messege the words i write would vanish,id type them again,then theyd vanish.
    What was weirder is that when i clicked on start,the menu would flash off,only when i disconnected to the internet did the problem stop.

ahh i dont know,beats me,thats why i asked.

9. rampart Registered Member

sounds like you were gettin fucked with (read: hacked). there are ways thru every firewall, especially if it's running on winxp and the user doesn't know alot about them.

you probably won't have any more problems because you're on dialup (you disconnected

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) and your ip will change when you re-connect. most likely, some script kiddie read a new tutorial and scanned to your ip when he decided to try it out.

what you need to do is download hijack-this, run it, and post the log in the hijack-this forum. someone there will take a look at it and hopefully tell you what to delete to remove the trojan.

10. vslayer Registered Senior Member

ach, i hope ur not using the XP built in firewall, thats like an "All Viruses and Hacks Welcome" sign

when im not using a linux hardware firewall i use tinysofts firewall

also, if you mean you read a posts later and it had changed, then maybe a mod edited it