Zombieland!

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Cowboy, Sep 25, 2009.

?

Are you going to see Zombieland?

1. Yes!

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. No!

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiins!

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  1. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Yeeouch!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I really don't care for Zombie movies but this one looks like it might be pretty funny from what I have seen.

For those who have seen it, would it be ok for a bunch of 13 yr olds to watch?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

Zombies that are not dead just really just humans with a very nasty illness = FAIL!

That said it looks reasonably funny. Not Shaun of the Dead funny, but a more reasonable knockoff from that lofty perch.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

heh.

Talk about 'Time to nut up or shut up'...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I think it would be borderline for 13 year olds, depending on how strict you are about what they watch. There was some profanity and violence, but it wasn't incredibly gory and over-the-top, though.

9. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

There are worse ways to die than being tackled by a drooling stripper.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Shaun Of The Dead wasn't funny, so Zombieland wins that battle.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Its rated R. My daughter won't be seeing it and my son wouldn't have at that age. Its just how I parent.

12. drchambe Registered Member

Hi All,
    Not sure if I'm doing this right or not. This is my first posting of a message.

Does anyone remember the old spaceship movie where a flying saucer crashes in China (I think) and all these countries race over to see it or try to make it work. Of course they all had to do it under China’s nose. Anyway, they had to figure out how to open it, and couldn’t until one guy started to shave with an electric razor, and it triggered the door to open on the flying saucer. Then it was all about how to get it flying, of course they did, and they figured out it was power by using the gravitational pull of plants. That’s about all I can remember about it, but would love to know the name of this movie and see it again.

Thanks drchambe

13. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Yeah I thought it was kind of of iffy.

It isn't rated R here it is 14A.

Running Time: 1h28m

Genre: Horror

14A Gory Scenes, Coarse Language

I am not a stickler for blood and gore considering they have watched First Blood, Rambo, the Epics like Braveheart, Last of the Mohicans etc.

I am more concerned with how bad the language is and how much reference there is to sex or for that matter sex scenes.

If I am not sure, I usually watch it first then decide.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  14. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

There aren't any sex scenes and violence isn't any worse than that of Braveheart or Rambo. The violence IS funnier, though (you haven't lived until you've seen Woody Harrelson kill a zombie with a banjo). The language really isn't that bad compared to a lot of other R-rated movies I've seen.

15. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Was it that movie on Sci-Fi channel a few years ago?

16. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Went to see it today, without the kids. The movie theater was full of kids! Some looked around 14 but a lot with around my youngest age 8-10. The kicker was there were no parents with them either so I don't know how they got in. 14A means under 14 you need to be accompanied by a parent.

Anyhow I would let my 13 yr old see it with friends. It wasn't bad, except a few references here and there.

I liked the movie and thought it had it's funny moments and dialogue. Woody was great it in, he was well suited for the part.

17. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I saw Zombieland again yesterday, making it the only movie that I've ever seen in theaters more than once. I can't wait for it to come out on Blu-Ray.

18. John99 Banned Banned

i would see it only because woody is in it, otherwise zombie movies suck. to me they do, i cant remember any i would want to watch anyway. plus it has van halen music.

19. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

It is so fun!

It's not scary it's like a comedy, kinda like in the style of year 1, except a lot funnier

ie.
    The main charecter has this set of rules to surviving in zombie land

For the first one you see a fat guy running from a zombie and the zombie is gaining.
    The first rule is: Cardio

The movie is so darn funny and I would recommend it to anybody.

20. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Rule 2: Double Tap

21. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Rule # 3 or 4: buckle your seat belt.

22. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I think that seatbelts were rule 4. I think that rule 3 was to beware of bathrooms.

23. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

yah.