A Biologist told me that the water molecule is too small to cause an immune reaction. Is he correct?

Do you think 'water allergy' is a thing?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
Ballocks. Learn the difference between a compound and a mixture. My son learnt this at school in his very first chemistry lesson, at the age of 9 or 10.

I’d stick to disappearing people and exploding thymus glands, Frank/Faceurchin.

I suppose you can offer a better explanation for why these people can drink non-water liquids instead of water?

...learn the difference between a compound and a mixture. My son learnt this at school in his very first chemistry lesson, at the age of 9 or 10.
Strangely, I was considering expressing the same thing: this is elementary school science.

Neurostudent, if you are still in early elementary school, you're a fair bit out of your depth. For now, you'll just have to accept what grown ups tell you until you've got a few more years of school under your belt.

Strangely, I was considering expressing the same thing: this is elementary school science.

Neurostudent, if you are still in early elementary school, you're a fair bit out of your depth. For now, you'll just have to accept what grown ups tell you until you've got a few more years of school under your belt.

I suppose you can offer a better explanation for why these people can drink non-water liquids instead of water?

Nothing there about milk or orange juice.

Never said there was. My point was is some people with this condition do have a reaction when they drink water.

Several people diagnosed with Aquagenic Urticaria have said that they cannot drink plain water and must drink other (non water) liquids instead. Heidi Falconer is not the only one. Katie Dell, Rachel Warwick, Linsday Coubray and Rebecca Ward have all made the same claim.

Several people diagnosed with Aquagenic Urticaria have said that they cannot drink plain water and must drink other (non water) liquids instead. Heidi Falconer is not the only one. Katie Dell, Rachel Warwick, Linsday Coubray and Rebecca Ward have all made the same claim.

If you cant drink plain water but you can drink water with sugar (or salt or your own saliva etc) it is probably due to the fact that there must be some osmotic phenomenom occuring.
Water will swell, not the cells, but what is around the cells (the lymph ?)
In this case this mean probably there is a molecular disorder in the cell border formation (so this is probably a genetic disease).
The osmotic force of the lymph is no sufficient.

If you cant drink plain water but you can drink water with sugar (or salt or your own saliva etc) it is probably due to the fact that there must be some osmotic phenomenom occuring.
Water will swell, not the cells, but what is around the cells (the lymph ?)
In this case this mean probably there is a molecular disorder in the cell border formation (so this is probably a genetic disease).
The osmotic force of the lymph is no sufficient.
Screenshot_2022-06-10-19-23-26-55_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

body.
https://bodyballancer.co.uk › hydrat...
Hydration and the lymphatic system - Body Ballancer

:)

And if the lymph of the "allergic" to water people have more sugar in it (if the cells around loose for some reason some they have on their membran).
What would plain water entering around the lymph do ?

To be more specific.

A Biologist told me that the water molecule is too small to cause an immune reaction. Is he correct?

Yes he is right but not because the water molecule is small.
Water molecule (H2O) doesent realy exists in the liquid form (In the gaz form ok.)
Furthermore, water is the solvent of any biochemistry reaction and therefore there is no doubt that being allergic to water is the same as saying : Being allergic to life.

Ah yes. Lake Ontario is a big pool of gas.

More wisdom from the "scientist"

Perhaps your lack of knowledge is due to the poor teachers you had in your studies, if any... but i suppose you are not only first grade student).
I clearly remember my teacher saying to me that the water molecule can not be taken as H20 when in liquid form (this is total obvious if you consider the fact that [H3O+]*[OH-]=10-14)

To be more specific.

Yes he is right but not because the water molecule is small.
Water molecule (H2O) doesent realy exists in the liquid form (In the gaz form ok.)
Furthermore, water is the solvent of any biochemistry reaction and therefore there is no doubt that being allergic to water is the same as saying : Being allergic to life.
Perhaps your lack of knowledge is due to the poor teachers you had in your studies, if any... but i suppose you are not only first grade student).
I clearly remember my teacher saying to me that the water molecule can not be taken as H20 when in liquid form (this is total obvious if you consider the fact that [H3O+]*[OH-]=10-14)
What that means is that out of every 10 million water molecules in liquid water, all but one of them is in the form H2O. So your memory is faulty.

Back