A Boy and His Dog

Orleander

OH JOY!!!!
Valued Senior Member
Anyone seen this movie? I like 'end of civilization' movies so I was thinking of renting it cuz it sounded interesting. But if its just corny, I won't bother

You might like that one, Myles.

Orleander: it's not particularly corny. All the family values stuff has been moved underground. Along with most of the food. IIRC it's still Indiana, though.

The dog's a telepath. He has taught the boy how to read.

Screen before taking the kids.

You'll probably like the young Don Johnson. It is a pretty low budget film, and it's a pretty cynical take on a post apocalyptic future. It's really more of a case of a dog and his boy, since the dog is the smarter of the two.

You'll probably like the young Don Johnson. It is a pretty low budget film, and it's a pretty cynical take on a post apocalyptic future. It's really more of a case of a dog and his boy, since the dog is the smarter of the two.

That I might enjoy, if they have done away ith the usual tear jerking and soppy music.

It's somewhere between "okay" and "shit". Smoke a lot of pot before you watch it.

yeah I guess I agree with Tiassa...the so called post-apocalyptic puzzle doesn't fit well...

Undeground there is this 1800's clothes people who like slay each other once in a while...and outside is a desert from a nuclear explosion...

Oh , let them watch it, they can't be that upset over that one when there have been others allot worse than that released since it came out.

and I haven't let them watch those either. My son cried so hard at Simon Birch (which I thought was supposed to be an uplifting movie) that I have learned to read reviews.
Remember in Bambi when you hear a gunshot and then Bambi's plaintive little cry for him Mom? :bawl:

Anyways, I guess I'll skip A Boy and His Dog. I'll wait for The Road.

Take your pick of these, most are OK.

101 Dalmations G
Air Bud PG
Air Bud Golden Reciever G
Air Bud Seventh Inning Fetch G
Air Bud Spikes Back G
Air Bud World Pup G
Beethoven PG
Beethoven's 2nd PG
Benji NR
Benji: Off the Leash PG
Bingo PG
Cats and Dogs PG
Far From Home:the Adventures of Yellow Dog PG
For the Love of Benji NR
Garfield the Movie PG
Homeward Bound 2: Lost in San Francisco G
Homeward Bound The Incredible Journey G
Iron Will PG
Lady and the Tramp G
Lady and the Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure G
Lassie PG
Old Yeller G
Turner & Hooch PG
Zeus and Roxanne PG
All Dogs Christmas Carol G
Snow Dogs PG

LOL, Old Yeller is cute?

And thanks for the list. I think my daughter has seen most of them at daycare. I had completely forgotten the Benji movies.

LOL, Old Yeller is cute?

And thanks for the list. I think my daughter has seen most of them at daycare. I had completely forgotten the Benji movies.

For a second I thought you'd rented A Boy and his Dog for your daughter. That was funny, but scary.

It's a great movie but yeah, not for your kids.:D

Back