A challenge to all of you!

wynn

˙
Valued Senior Member
Here's a maxim:

The more relevant or complex the question,
the greater is the responsibility of the person asking it.

I want you to refute this, poke holes into it, find ways in which it isn't true, point out any fault with it.

Thanks!

Here's a maxim:

I want you to refute this, poke holes into it, find ways in which it isn't true, point out any fault with it.

Thanks!

I would say no. We have a saying in my business we live by . The only stupid question is the one not asked. So in that questions are not graded by complexity. It may be extremely difficult , but the asker bares no responsibility if you want free flow of information. You start putting conditions on questions and the free flow of information will come with a price which is kind of how it has been with silos of information being locked up for so long . Information is power . People don't realize that . If you keep vital information from people then it adds to there social enslavement . They become the people not in the know and are subject to exclusion . Exclusion leads to resentments and the feeling of exile. The new paradigm is all about inclusion and it is the one point that I am totally on board with when it comes to the progressive mind set . So you progressive fuckers out there I tip my hat to that. Inclusion will be the future . The progressive movement has already sown the seeds and some of there agenda may fade away but that one will not . Why ? Because it is the right thing to do and humans slowly but surely gravitate to the truth . Janet if you are out there stocking Me . I agree Inclusion is a worthy ultimate goal and neighborhood communities are a wonderful thing .
I got kicked off neighborhood council . I thought I had one more term , but John said I was termed out . I blame it all on Stryder right here from this forum . If anybody remembers I repeat every thing I see . Shit fuck I think it was Stryder . Well you know how Missoula is a green card state . Marijuana card is a green card . They hand them out like candy to kids. So half the town is smoked out and the other half ain't . It is easy to tell which are smoked out because there political affiliation starts with a P . Anyway so a guy up at the podium is spouting off " No road widening on Russell " They call it 3plus. Multi model roads for all forms of traffic . It pushes more traffic into my neighborhood is why I can't get on board with the hippies on this issue. O.K. I yell out " Put Down The Pipe " I didn't get one laugh out of that statement and am pretty sure that is why they exiled Me. Oh fuck Me and my Foot in mouth

In my world the person answering is obligated to do do diligence to answer . They may not have the answer and a simple " I don't Know relieves them of responsibility. It boils down to trust . If you got the answer and say I don't know you have broken a trust . So if you honesty answer to your personal ability there is no violation of trust . People are stupid and don't realize how much the other person perceives, so they violate trust with out another thought . Then they wonder why people exile them . You would be surprised how much a little thing that violates trust ripples threw out a community . See you all think nobody knows what you been up to. That is pure bull shit . Every move and thought ripples in a community and then from there ripples out the highways to other towns . That is why I am changing things in drastic ways for I learned the trick of rippling new attitudes and I got to say people are latching up and gobbling faster then even I could imagine . They take my rants and incorporate them into there thinking process and from there infect all there good buddy's. It is unbelievable really . If it was not for the wind blowing in my ear I probably would never have realized this

Suppose the person doesn't know it's a complex question. As in, I was six years old when I asked my mom how we knew there was a god.

Let me tell you how trust works when you don't violate someones trust . So I am helping Marie with her bathroom in her basement . So I won her trust when I built her house several years ago . So now she trust me with her life . She works nights so she has to sleep in the day . She sleeps better when I am in her basement then when I am not there . She decided to give Me some cold hard cash for me helping her . She pulls out of her dresser right in front of me the biggest wad of hundred dollar bills I have ever seen and I have seen lots of wads of Hoons in my life . Then she says you know you are the only one I would ever let see were my wad of hoons are . My husband don't even know . Why does she feel so comfortable. I won her trust by not violated the trust . Your word is like a contract . Say it do it and you don't violate that was my old principle. Now it even goes further than that . Now it is intent with love and emotion and that my friends is even more powerful . As before I learned the value of intent and was more cold to the situation people would cut my price as much as they dare to do . Now with my new attitude of conveying intent of there better well being price no longer becomes the issue . So she said what ever you want Mike . I will sign my checks over to you if you want . I am not a builder anymore so she has to decide on what to gift Me for helping her . I AM A MUSICIAN FUCK you all

The other thing I learned in the last 2 years is people are connected and future events are connected by some kind of dream state . Like for example Me and Lori are connected for some odd reason . She cracks Me up and Makes me laugh my butt off . So she might say something but I get another message from her rants that is more directly related to my personal life . Something I would find useful in my own causes in life . So the one that has me just f--ck roaring . Her statement of Pluck Mother Fucker Pluck Mother Fucker Pluck . That has a different meaning altogether for a guitar player . Oh Lori you are inspirational my dear. I am plucking as fast as I can Mom

Both parties are responsible for making sure a common perspective is sought. If anything the person attempting to answer the question should be responsible. Besides, I would not know how to "responsibly" ask a question. Questions come from ignorance and curiosity, which are both at odds against anything responsible.

I fail to see how one could incur any responsibility by simply asking a question. Anyone care to explain?

Here's a maxim:

Thanks!

Relevant or complex.....these are two different states although in some cases I suppose they could both apply.

I'm not sure how you can assume the relationship of the second phrase in reconciliation with the first.

Some of the best questions I have ever heard have come out of the mouths of children and in that circumstance I would suggest the greater is the responsibility of the person answering the question.

Just my opinion.....

Signal said:

Like Nasor, I just don't understand this either.:shrug:

I guess the asker needs to state the question precisely to elicit the correct answer.

But the above...I'm not sure "truism" is a good word for it...implies asking questions is somehow dangerous.

In fact it's not asking questions that's dangerous.

When you don't question, you're cruising for a bruising on your assumptions.

I fail to see how one could incur any responsibility by simply asking a question. Anyone care to explain?

Responsibility for yourself.

Suppose you ask a question. Someone answers. Do you simply believe the answer given?
Do you rely that the person you are asking is going to be honorable and wise, and answer truthfully? Do you rely that they will tell you straightforwardly that they don't know the answer?

Like Nasor, I just don't understand this either.:shrug:

I guess the asker needs to state the question precisely to elicit the correct answer.

But the above...I'm not sure "truism" is a good word for it...implies asking questions is somehow dangerous.

In fact it's not asking questions that's dangerous.

When you don't question, you're cruising for a bruising on your assumptions.

That would all depend on what questions you ask, and of whom, would it not?

Asking questions in no way guarantees helpful or truthful answers.

And if you could state a question precisely, you often would not need to ask it of others anyway - especially when it comes to those troublesome questions like "What is the meaning of life?" and "Does God exist?".

Suppose the person doesn't know it's a complex question. As in, I was six years old when I asked my mom how we knew there was a god.

Perhaps that is not a complex question. many theists will say that knowing God is the simplest thing inthe world.

Here's a maxim:

Thanks!

The more complex the question, the greater is the irresponsibility of the person asking it.

Here's a maxim:

Nope. Unless a person asking is testing his or her subjects. However, if the question was born out of the curiosity of the person, then he has no responsibility with regards to the question asked.

Responsibility for yourself.

Suppose you ask a question. Someone answers. Do you simply believe the answer given?
Do you rely that the person you are asking is going to be honorable and wise, and answer truthfully? Do you rely that they will tell you straightforwardly that they don't know the answer?
Well the thing is a lot of people don't . They guard there silos of information for many reasons . Ridicule would be one reason . Looking stupid would be another . Now if someone is an expert in a field there answer is worthy of consideration . I have found it very useful to get 2nd opinions from other experts and weigh the results. Now if it is in a boss / subordinate relationship I typically don't question to much because I understand that the burden of failure falls on the boss . The boss may use you as there scape goat and then respect for the boss diminishes. Brake down in production follows so the boss gets his just do in the end by there incompetence. I can only be responsible for my self and lead by example . The rest is out of my control which has caused Me pain in the past . I have been a serious control freak for a large portion of my life . I know how to stand herd on people pretty good . That to stifles production , The best way I have found is you have to give people the opportunity to fail and learn from there failure . It builds character and they learn lessons not forgotten . There confidence becomes heightened if they realize there mistake and correct it them selves . So it can be hard not to criticize and sometimes I fined it necessary, but most of the time I try to build confidence in someone because the more confident they are about what there doing the more pride they take in there endeavors and that my friends is good for the corporation and the over all health of prosperity. Plus they get warm fuzzy feelings of joy from a job well done . They might even touch them selves with happy thoughts. My favorite was when my favorite employee got happy thoughts ( My wife ) for then she let Me touch her for her

I think you have a responsibility to ask all the questions you can think of, even the really dumb ones.

Okay...here's where all the atheists figure out I'm really and truly batshit.

Signal.

When I was 12 years old I underwent a crisis of faith.

As a result of that crisis, I went out in the yard in the middle of a rainstorm.

At the time I was Christian, but I didn't want to eliminate the possibility that the reason why I was getting the old "darkness and silence," was because I just wasn't addressing the right deity...

I prayed, eyes closed and utterly sincere that if there were a deity out there, to please let me know of its' existence by there being a rainbow when I opened my eyes.

Um, there was.

And I showed my Mom, who was somewhat underwhelmed, there being only a small one in an otherwise solid overcast sky.

Now...from my current perspective as a practicing witch....I was intensely focused.

How do I know I didn't cause that?

And of course, that's saying it's not sheer coincidence.
But since I probably see about four rainbows a year, and maybe miss another four through lack of noticing...what are the chances of me opening my eyes to see the sign I requested?

A miracle. Taa-daah. :shrug:

Pardon me, I took a leftover hydrocodone to stop a migraine coming on...that was a bit...umm...whatever.

Signal, I don't understand why you are so intellectual about all this.

Since we've been through, like about five threads, maybe you could stop beating around the bush and start one in "About the members" in which you discuss what church or whatever you came from.

I don't deal well in stuff that's not grounded.
I'm very practically minded.

I am relatively good at figuring out how to deal with a problem given particulars.
All I have are the various things you've asked in multiple threads, like a 500-piece jigsaw puzzle...and I really suck at jigsaw puzzles.

Last edited:
Back