A Challenge to Genep

that's right..... thoughts only make you more confused. it's impossible to understand things, you can only complicate them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

"People generally prefer what is not obvious, in order to complicate their way towards their goal. So as to be sure to remain what they are. The Universe is absolutely simple (if not, it couldn't exist)."

"The only complications that exist are those which man himself introduces in order not to understand. And when things become too complicated, he needs Mathematics to bail him out."

Water:

Hardly. Many words are simply intranslatable. A language conceptualizes the world in one way, and another language conceptualizes the world in another way. These two ways rarely match. Few words translate 1:1.

This is true. However, the greatest accuracy is generally better.

See, there is no way to ensure people will think the same way. If we are to be economical with our time and energy, it is therefore advisable to not pursue that everyone think the same way.

A concordance of thought to the greatest extent possible reasonable to expect from rational agents would produce many tangible results, including a general appreciation of truth, easier of conveyance of ideas, and a more fertile soil for intellectual growth to develop.

And I can always ask more questions!

Eventually it would cease to be rational to do so, specifically as one can demonstrate the impossibility of the other idea beyond a shadow of a doubt.

For example, according to Buddhism, holding the precepts.

Eight noble truths?

Thoughts don't give wisdom, James.

They don't? Then what does?

c7ityi_:

that's right..... thoughts only make you more confused. it's impossible to understand things, you can only complicate them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

It's impossible to understand things? Then how can you understand that it is impossible to understand things?

prince james said:
It's impossible to understand things? Then how can you understand that it is impossible to understand things?

what makes you think i understand that it's impossible to understand things? i just said it. they're just words.

C7ityi:

When one declares something as truth, one assumes the person who says such holds an understanding - or what they perceive to be an understanding - of which they speak.

If I understood that it's impossible to understand things, it would not be true [that it's impossible to understand things]

:bugeye: :p

Prince_James said:
C7ityi:

When one declares something as truth, one assumes the person who says such holds an understanding - or what they perceive to be an understanding - of which they speak.

We understand things in the same way Mickey Mouse understands what he does on TV.
And if that does no make you laugh it is only because you think ( that you think) that you are more real than Mickey Mouse.

I can laugh because there is absolutely nothing I have to understand to Accept that I AM no more real than is Mickey Mouse.

c7ityi_ said:

"People generally prefer what is not obvious, in order to complicate their way towards their goal. So as to be sure to remain what they are. The Universe is absolutely simple (if not, it couldn't exist)."

"The only complications that exist are those which man himself introduces in order not to understand. And when things become too complicated, he needs Mathematics to bail him out."

Words that are funny because they could not have come from any mortal mind.

Accept this and the laughter might just kill you, the mind, ego.

c7ityi_:

If I understood that it's impossible to understand things, it would not be true [that it's impossible to understand things]

Precisely.

Genep:

We understand things in the same way Mickey Mouse understands what he does on TV.
And if that does no make you laugh it is only because you think ( that you think) that you are more real than Mickey Mouse.

Oh were that so. For if you were as imaginary as Mickey Mouse, I could shut you off, no?

Prince_James said:
c7ityi_:

Precisely.

Genep:

Oh were that so. For if you were as imaginary as Mickey Mouse, I could shut you off, no?

You just do not understand how all fiction has to work the same: You can no more shut me up than Mickey Mouse can shut me up .... any more than I can shut Mickey Mouse up, any more than I can shut you up.

-- it is all the same, fiction.

nameless said:
One can perhaps 'know' by 'experience' and still not 'understand'.

Sure. We can do cartwheels, plant crops, cook, sew, play music etc. -- while not understanding what we're doing or how it all works.

water said:
Sure. We can do cartwheels, plant crops, cook, sew, play music etc. -- while not understanding what we're doing or how it all works.

No more than you can in your sleep-dreams where (also) nothing is happening.

Fiction means that thinking is just fiction, a thought.
These words are just thoughts -- they cannot think any more than the thought "I" can.

If you cannot understand this then it is only because you are playing your role in this fiction called life just as perfectly as I am playing my role -- exactly like it was a movie that is perhaps playing for the n'th time.

prince james! said:
Precisely.

not really, it's more like this fsl95tl:
fsl95tl9tm.gif
:m:

so cool!

C7ityi:

Nice animated GIF. However, it is actually more like saying "There is no truth". It's a self-contradictory statement.

Thanks, I made it myself, and i made a miscalculation, but you still don't understand the trinity.

However, it is actually more like saying "There is no truth". It's a self-contradictory statement.

but like the greek guy said, the only absolute is that there is no absolute. same with this, the only truth is that there is no truth. Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing.

c7ityi_ said:
Thanks, I made it myself, and i made a miscalculation, but you still don't understand the trinity.

but like the greek guy said, the only absolute is that there is no absolute. same with this, the only truth is that there is no truth. Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing.

Very good: words are fiction, thoughts, of which truth is just a word, no better or worse than the word god or devil, or living, or me or you.

the timeless absolute that has/needs no words/thoughts is NOW.

Back