Aeroplanes In Ancient India

Sorry, but: Evidence? Which ancient plane models fly very far when scaled up, and who did such experiments?

I know one Egyptian bird model is reputed to have flown reasonably when hand-launched, but attempts to repeat that with a replica failed rather badly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saqqara_Bird

That said, birds have always been visible to people, and a reasonably well executed replica of a bird (including proper balancing and weight-matching) could indeed be flyable as a glider, without proving anything but that somebody could watch birds.

Hans

i believe it was myth busters that did it and it flew quite far dont quote me it was on tv.. here coems the dont believe everything you see on tv. ..

the plane had a tail fin.. if it was moced after birds can u show me a bird with a tail fin?

That's ridiculous. You can't take a device that uses an airfoil for flotation and "blow it up" proportionally and expect it to float.

The mass of an object dictates how much force is needed to lift it, and mass is proportional to the cube of linear dimension. The surface area of the airfoil dictates how much force is available to lift it, and surface area is only proportional to the square of linear dimension.

So if you take any arbitrary flying object and expand it proportionally by, say, doubling its linear dimensions, you end up with an enlarged version that has eight times the original mass. However, the airfoils will only have four times their original area. The linear dimensions of the airfoils must be expanded by an additional 41.4% before they can provide the force necessary to support the mass.

If you multiply linear dimension by 10, you increase the weight by a factor of 1000, so you need to increase the linear dimensions of the wings by the square root of 1000, which is about 32.

This is why the largest birds like the 300lb/135kg ostrich can't fly. It would need something like a 90ft/27m wingspan. Even to glide on thermals it would need a significant fraction of that.

So anyone who claims that he "blew up" a tiny toy flying machine and got it to fly is just telling a tall tale.

should have added proportional in there since u added flotation in there which is completely different a concrete boat will float if its made right

like the unbelievazble vymanika sastra, another sastra of the ancient times called as vedic agriculture ahs been developed for large scale organic farming. this method uses the so called most toxic effluents into high quality resideu food .
this is also unbeleivably true.
is any one interested.

like the unbelievazble vymanika sastra, another sastra of the ancient times called as vedic agriculture ahs been developed for large scale organic farming. this method uses the so called most toxic effluents into high quality resideu food .
this is also unbeleivably true.
is any one interested.

The Chinese and others, have been using animal AND human excrement as feriliser for over 4000 years, and possibly much longer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmers_of_Forty_Centuries

Forgive me if this has already been said, but was not the 6th book (book of gravitation) said to contain blue blueprints for the construction of Vimana?

Forgive me if this has already been said, but was not the 6th book (book of gravitation) said to contain blue blueprints for the construction of Vimana?

What do you think about these stories and records of vimana's etc?

Do you think it possible that they knew something most our society does not?

I think we should build a flying chariot based on the 6th book and all get in the chariot and push it off a cliff to test it. Sounds like a pretty freaking good idea, huh?

I am sure that they 'knew' all kinds of stuff. I am also sure that there science would be considered backwards and primative compared to today.

Yes I find the idea most interesting, but I'd like to make a decision only from the evidence. Just because I find it an interesting idea is far different from just blindly believing it. One problem is the time scales mean that any evidence is going to be very limited and probarbly hidden away.

The question of knowledge though in general is I believe quite probarble as it is well documented that certain civilisations have been more technologically advanced than those that followed or sometimes came hundreds of years later. There has been documented evidence that the ancient greeks had mechanical clockwork technology. Archimedes invented a device that accurately tracked the movements of the then 5 known planets and the sun and moon.

I think at times it's like trying to work out what the picture of a jigsaw looks like with very very few of the peices.

I think we should build a flying chariot based on the 6th book and all get in the chariot and push it off a cliff to test it. Sounds like a pretty freaking good idea, huh?

I am sure that they 'knew' all kinds of stuff. I am also sure that there science would be considered backwards and primative compared to today.

You mean main stream/common science?

What do you think a mercury/iron engine is?

Yes I find the idea most interesting, but I'd like to make a decision only from the evidence. Just because I find it an interesting idea is far different from just blindly believing it. One problem is the time scales mean that any evidence is going to be very limited and probarbly hidden away.

The question of knowledge though in general is I believe quite probarble as it is well documented that certain civilisations have been more technologically advanced than those that followed or sometimes came hundreds of years later. There has been documented evidence that the ancient greeks had mechanical clockwork technology. Archimedes invented a device that accurately tracked the movements of the then 5 known planets and the sun and moon.

I think at times it's like trying to work out what the picture of a jigsaw looks like with very very few of the peices.

What do you think of modern sightings of UFO's, and I don't mean mistaken sightings?

Do you see any similarities between the old and the new?

I know it is getting away from the gliders and objects thought to work by aerodynamics,
the vimana machines are something else.

The people who built the statues on the Easter islands also talked about mana power, or the power from the earth.

Any idea of what they are saying?

Many people believe that the legends of Indian Emperor Asoka's secret society and the legends of the nine unknown men are based in truth. Just because it was written about in a fictional novel doesn't mean that there was no truth to it.

Many people believe that the legends of Indian Emperor Asoka's secret society and the legends of the nine unknown men are based in truth. Just because it was written about in a fictional novel doesn't mean that there was no truth to it.

I thought you may have come across info on the German projects under "The Order Of The Black Sun" and the influences out of India that helped them design modern "weightless flight craft."

I thought you may have come across info on the German projects under "The Order Of The Black Sun" and the influences out of India that helped them design modern "weightless flight craft."

No, but thx for the info I'll certainly look into it.

Back