Any atheists here who were once believers?

wegs,

How is this concept of God exclusive to Christianity?

Christians tend to follow the NT, as their beliefs are drawn from it.

Did he specifically mention a specific God which is only believed in by Christian's in his wager?

jan.

No, but it stemmed from Christian principles. Putting it a different way, Pascal's Wager doesn't indicate which God is the ''one, true God,'' but it may be assumed that it's God as defined in the NT.

How does the concept of God in the Bible differ from any other scriptoral concept of God?

jan.
Please provide an example of "any other scriptoral concept of God". I'm having a little trouble following your convolutions here...

So, does Pascal’s Wager only favor the Christian ''concept'' of God? :confused:

Obviously it assumes that belief is god can only be of one particular flavor. But even in Christianity, god commands to have no other gods before him, which means that if you pick the wrong one, you're just as screwed as a non-believer.

Obviously it assumes that belief is god can only be of one particular flavor. But even in Christianity, god commands to have no other gods before him, which means that if you pick the wrong one, you're just as screwed as a non-believer.

Well said.

But you're told which one is the correct one, so what's the problem?

They all claim to be the correct one.

The one that brings you peace of mind. If science is right, and were all just monkeys in a universe that happened by accident, then we're all free to worship or not worship as we please. Personally, I think there is great benefit to finding a relationship with a Higher Power. I think there is great benefit to nourishing the spirit.

The one that brings you peace of mind. If science is right, and were all just monkeys in a universe that happened by accident, then we're all free to worship or not worship as we please. Personally, I think there is great benefit to finding a relationship with a Higher Power. I think there is great benefit to nourishing the spirit.

That's fine advice, but not a response to Pascal's Wager.

You can find all that without worshiping anything. But if it floats your boat, have at it. My point was a counter to your claim that we have been "told" the right one.

''God'' and ''gods'' are two different categories, even if you don't want them to be.
There is, and can only be, One God. :)

jan.

Please provide an example of "any other scriptoral concept of God". I'm having a little trouble following your convolutions here...

I asked you the question ''How does the concept of God in the Bible differ from any other scriptoral concept of God?''

jan.

Back