Army degenerates by leaps and bounds , Is there any truth in that?

You DO realize your own post makes whether or not i can find a crime from about 5 or 6 if not more YEARS ago irreverent right?

Do you realize your posts don’t make sense? Do you realize you have made a bunch of serious allegations, all of which should be easily supportable, but you cannot support any of your allegations with evidence.

The issue is this "Two, the US has an agreement with Australia that provides immunity to our troops from local laws. "

Sorry but that's just not good enough, just like the citizens of the state where that honeymooning couple lived believed that only they could give the family true justice, what makes the US believe that they have the right to demand exemption from the laws of the land?

If you don’t think it’s good enough, take it up with your government. It is not our problem. If you want American troops to protect your ass, that is what it is going to cost you. The reason the agreement is in place is because we don’t want our troops to be subject to people like you who want to prosecute them without any evidence.

If the US wishes to press charges or not based on millatry order issues is fine, they can do so AFTER the victim has a chance at justice. Otherwise its really simply, stay on the bloody ship and don't come into port.

What does that mean exactly? If the US military finds evidence of a crime and presses charges, the victim will be required to give testimony in the court martial. So I don’t see how justice would not be rendered simply because it was not tried in a local court. You are not making sense again Asguard.

There is nothing to agree to. US prosecutors may not like it, but it is what it is. The US doesn’t have an extradition agreement with Israel. So, live with it. Israel has the right to make international agreements as it sees fit, like Australia and every other sovereign country.

@Asguard

Is this the story you're looking for? I didn't hunt any further than my first hit on Google but it resembles what you're saying...

September 11, 2012 at 14:00:23

In a landmark case, on September 6, 2012, a Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Circuit Court Judge gave standing to an Australian woman to collect a Japanese civil judgment against a former US Navy sailor for raping her in Japan 10 years ago.

A civil judgment by a Tokyo court in 2004 ordered sailor Bloke T. Deans to pay 3 million yen in damages to Catherine Jane Fisher as compensation for emotional and physical harm from the rape. However, despite knowing of the Japanese court case against Deans, the US Navy issued Deans an honorable discharge and allowed Deans to leave Japan without informing the Japanese court or Ms. Fisher.

Should be able to find more details from here...

...The issue is this "Two, the US has an agreement with Australia that provides immunity to our troops from local laws. ...

so when your troops come to the US, they are immune from local laws? what are you complaining about then?? :shrug:

@Asguard

Is this the story you're looking for? I didn't hunt any further than my first hit on Google but it resembles what you're saying...

September 11, 2012 at 14:00:23

In a landmark case, on September 6, 2012, a Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Circuit Court Judge gave standing to an Australian woman to collect a Japanese civil judgment against a former US Navy sailor for raping her in Japan 10 years ago.

A civil judgment by a Tokyo court in 2004 ordered sailor Bloke T. Deans to pay 3 million yen in damages to Catherine Jane Fisher as compensation for emotional and physical harm from the rape. However, despite knowing of the Japanese court case against Deans, the US Navy issued Deans an honorable discharge and allowed Deans to leave Japan without informing the Japanese court or Ms. Fisher.

Should be able to find more details from here...

Good example but I don't believe thats the one I remember. As I said from what I remember the women was alleged to have been raped in Perth and it was the WA government which was complaining that the alleged offender was removed ahead of an arrest warrent

Do you have any statistical evidence showing a difference in crime rate among the military versus the population at large or a difference in arrest versus conviction rate, plus an increase in these over time? Or is this all just speculation/assumption based on a small handful of anecdotes?

I don't have any statistical data and the can't be The military take care their own , they have a so called brigg, thy have their own military police they would not furnish data of incarceration, the fact is that people get not honorable discharge , one of my relative got one month fo battery ........ and so on

Back