Buddhism at odds with Abrahamic religions.

I wouldn't say it’s popular but the Dalai Lama has been trying to create an alliance between Buddhism and science. Maybe it’s because of the shit that the Dalai Lama has been sayin’.

Since when is the Dalai Lama the representative of Buddhism??

However, it’s no secret that Buddhists still cling to weird metaphysical bullshit derived from the Solomon of India.

I guess one gets from Buddhism what one invests into it ...

I'd like to see an actual Buddhis source, not second-hand and third-hand quotes and, especially, misquotes.

You asked me for quotes, I provided you with the quotes from a source. You don't think that the source is "honest" so you don't believe the quotes I posted. If you don't think the source is honest then take your angst up with them, not me, for I'm only the mesenger . Since there are other famous quote web sites that also contain the quotes I quoted to you then you'd have to also take them up at it as well. I can't do much else that find sites that give quotes about what others said, because that's all that I can find.

If you doubt that is what the Buddha said then please find me a site which disproves it. That's your responsibility other than just saying I'm wrong and so are the quotes I provided.

You asked me for quotes, I provided you with the quotes from a source. You don't think that the source is "honest" so you don't believe the quotes I posted. If you don't think the source is honest then take your angst up with them, not me, for I'm only the mesenger . Since there are other famous quote web sites that also contain the quotes I quoted to you then you'd have to also take them up at it as well. I can't do much else that find sites that give quotes about what others said, because that's all that I can find.

If you doubt that is what the Buddha said then please find me a site which disproves it. That's your responsibility other than just saying I'm wrong and so are the quotes I provided.

I only wish you'd keep to the generally accepted standard of quoting.

When someone claims that the Bible or the Koran states such and such, it is common practice to provide chapter and verse for said statement.

But when it comes to Buddhism, apparently, anything goes.

I used a site that is used by millions of other which contains thousands of quotes. As I said if you can't accept what they quote then take your opinions up with them and provide them with your own proof that they are wrong. Since you cannot provide us here and now with anything that disproves what they quote, I'd just refrain from commenting.

This may be of help in the discussion,

from wiki,
Some of the fundamentals of the teachings attributed to Gautama Buddha are:

The Four Noble Truths: that suffering is an ingrained part of existence; that the origin of suffering is craving for sensuality, acquisition of identity, and annihilation; that suffering can be ended; and that following the Noble Eightfold Path is the means to accomplish this;

The Noble Eightfold Path: right view, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, and right concentration;

Dependent origination: the mind creates suffering as a natural product of a complex process;

Rejection of the infallibility of accepted scripture: Teachings should not be accepted unless they are borne out by our experience and are praised by the wise. See the Kalama Sutta for details;

Anicca (Sanskrit: anitya): That all things that come to be have an end;

Dukkha (Sanskrit: duḥkha): That nothing which comes to be is ultimately satisfying;

Anattā (Sanskrit: anātman): That nothing in the realm of experience can really be said to be "I" or "mine";

Nibbāna (Sanskrit: Nirvāna): It is possible for sentient beings to realize a dimension of awareness which is totally unconstructed and peaceful, and end all suffering due to the mind's interaction with the conditioned world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha

Back