Culture does not make Right

Fuck it. It's their country - their law. We will carry on with two income, liberated women, and more freedom generally and if we are right, we will leave them in the dust.

What are you gonna do have a war and kill them because they treat women badly?

Fuck em.

Exactly - their society, their laws, their responsibility.

I do not think of it in terms of "backwards" and "forwards", but simply different cultures.

This is not due to intolerance, it's due to other factors.

Nazi Germany was intolerant and yet leaps and bounds past its counterparts in the sophistication and organization department.

Exceptions don't invalidate the rule. That's why they're called "exceptions."

Generally speaking, the rule does hold true. :cool:

Exceptions don't invalidate the rule. That's why they're called "exceptions."

Generally speaking, the rule does hold true.

No, it doesn't.

First of all, plenty of "intolerant" states are doing fine. Saudi Arabia is a developed nation.

However, more importantly, if there are issues with development it isn't linked with intolerance - intolerance has little to nothing to do with technological sophistication. In those specific cultures, it's probably because of their religiosity which limits their capacity for scientific promotion.

Nazi Germany was unbounded and Hitler, being a firm believer in development and strength, guided it to sophistication - without tolerance. In fact, his intolerance was because of his desire to create a "more perfect" society.

Exactly - their society, their laws, their responsibility.

The men's societies. The men's laws. You're acting like this is something favored by all who live there. If Saudi Arabia had emerged as a nation of amazon-type women who decided that men would be killed for adultering, or they couldn't drive, or they couldn't learn to read, or couldn't use their natural born, self-owned, free will to develop as people in the way that they were born to do, them I'm quite sure that we wouldn't be having a conversation that, distilled down, amounts to "it's a people's right to stop other peoples from living the way that they want to live, because they designed their society that way."

Sure it was designed that way... by only half the people living there. ;)

No, it doesn't.

First of all, plenty of "intolerant" states are doing fine. Saudi Arabia is a developed nation.

However, more importantly, if there are issues with development it isn't linked with intolerance - intolerance has little to nothing to do with technological sophistication. In those specific cultures, it's probably because of their religiosity which limits their capacity for scientific promotion.

Nazi Germany was unbounded and Hitler, being a firm believer in development and strength, guided it to sophistication - without tolerance. In fact, his intolerance was because of his desire to create a "more perfect" society.

You're missing the point here norse. The reason that those muslim hellholes like Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc *are* so intolerant, is due to their intolerant religion.

And that religion is all part of the shitty culture that's holding them back. So while it may be their "right" to have a shitty culture, they have no one but themselves to blame for being such shitty places.

You're missing the point here norse. The reason that those muslim hellholes like Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc *are* so intolerant, is due to their intolerant religion.
But we're not discussing the source of their intolerance, we're discussing religiosity as being the factor behind the lack of scientific promotion

Intolerance itself is neither good nor bad.

Also, quit being a dunce. Iraq and Afghanistan are hellholes, sure; but plenty of Muslim countries are doing just fine. And quite beautiful too.

And that religion is all part of the shitty culture that's holding them back. So while it may be their "right" to have a shitty culture, they have no one but themselves to blame for being such shitty places.

They aren't, though. I'm getting tired of you, you seem almost racist.

Germany has a shitty culture.

The half that is in power - that is all there is to it. Might makes right.

That's not the same "right" that this thread is about norse. You're thinking of rights as merely "an ability to do something." I'm talking about rights as something that is condoned by the free world for being decent and fair and facilitating to prosperity. One of these definitions is gar-bazsche. The other definition has meaning (HINT: its ain't yours.)

Utter mindless nonsense.

"Fairness" and "freedom" is not the focus of everybody; for some, it is culture, survival and strength.

Furthermore, people will disagree as to what is "fair". Rights truly are your ability to do something.

That women are damaged both physically and mentally by such things as execution and rape is not a matter of perspective, norse. Such acts destroy their bodies and their minds, and there can be no debate as to those effects. Calling those things subjective is politically correct soothsaying, and it has no firm basis in reality. I'm sorry but the "built-in" culture excuses are a crock on their part. Just a big crock. That includes excusing it on the basis that they have "right" to be cruel because "it's an ability they have."

We of the "western world" used to think and act similarly to how they (and you) think and act... until we learned to start loving our women instead of killing them. :cool:

That women are damaged both physically and mentally by such things as execution and rape is not a matter of perspective, norse. Such acts destroy their bodies and their minds, and there can be no debate as to those effects.
No shit. That isn't my point; not everybody cares.
That includes excusing it on the basis that they have "right" to be cruel because "it's an ability they have."

How many times must I say this: NOT EVERYONE CARES IF SOMETHING IS CRUEL!

Intolerance and cruelty....are simply aspects of human nature. Civilization has nothing to do with whether a society is tolerant or intolerant or cruel or fair.
We of the "western world" used to think and act similarly to how they (and you) think and act... until we learned to start loving our women instead of killing them.
Of course we should love our women. I'm not disagreeing with you; I'm saying, there is no "good or bad" when it comes to society. There is majority and power, and nothing more.

I'm putting you on ignore. I've had enough of your arrogant and racist attitude.

Willnever, here is a question for you. Let's say you find an example of Polygamy/Polygyny where the women are equals to the men. Where some of the wives my work or some of the husbands my stay home and tend to the children and household. Is this group marriage somehow detrimental or wrong just becuase it not a accepted societal norm? From some of your earlier posts you would have to answer yes it is wrong, but i bet you'll never be able to tell me why.

Willnever, here is a question for you. Let's say you find an example of Polygamy/Polygyny where the women are equals to the men. Where some of the wives my work or some of the husbands my stay home and tend to the children and household. Is this group marriage somehow detrimental or wrong just becuase it not a accepted societal norm? From some of your earlier posts you would have to answer yes it is wrong, but i bet you'll never be able to tell me why.

What earlier posts mean that I would have to answer yes...?

Well written OP, Willnever. You've pretty much nailed it. Well done.

Good thing these shitty places are not abandoning the dollar eh? Might be difficult to hold on to all that "culture" otherwise

I totally agree with the OP.

If the 'culture' in my country says I have the right to kill all young men who wear sportswear, is that moral because it's my culture?

Back