Do trees have feelings?

Do trees have feelings?

• Total voters
But Dragon was not specific, so how can you be sure what he was hugging. He might have been drunk and hugging a lampost. Witnesses are required before the matter can be taken further. I would also reques a character reference.

lol

You are a character Myles :)

Generally, trees are immune to change, making them far more reliable observers and recorders of reality than us.

When you add this together with the great ages some of them can live - two thousand years plus - it may seem that we are already sharing the world with beings greater than ourselves.

Do you think trees have conciousness?

I would imagine that the trees have no sense of time. So the life of a tree, from a trees perspective must last a short instant.

If they don't have perspective, then they are merely a highly complex chemical reaction.

I would imagine that the trees have no sense of time. So the life of a tree, from a trees perspective must last a short instant.

If they don't have perspective, then they are merely a highly complex chemical reaction.

If they have no sense of time, how do they know when to shed their leaves, when to produce buds and so on ?

Some humans don't like classical music but they have feelings, what a conundrum.
You do see the logic problem in your argument. No human that does like classical music lacks feelings. You post is implying that my argument would say other humans would not have feelings. That is hardly a logical conclusion.

You do see the logic problem in your argument. No human that does like classical music lacks feelings. You post is implying that my argument would say other humans would not have feelings. That is hardly a logical conclusion.

I didn't conclude anything.

That will teach you all to ignore my advice about the need to define one's terms. So, from the top, feelings are ...

Back