Do you believe in Dinosaurs ?

The wording is just different. In all other aspects it's exactly the same thing. It's more deceptive, that's the only difference.

Edit: Besides, I thought you were an atheist ?

I am. I never said I believed in ID, I'm saying it's a logical speculation that is not ridiculous and shouldn't be discarded

It's only the same thing in its suggestion that intelligence had a hand. That's it. Creationism goes beyond this, and makes further speculation that ISN'T based on any observation. ID is just a broader form of Creationism but that really matters

I am. I never said I believed in ID, I'm saying it's a logical speculation that is not ridiculous and shouldn't be discarded

It's only the same thing in its suggestion that intelligence had a hand. That's it. Creationism goes beyond this, and makes further speculation that ISN'T based on any observation. ID is just a broader form of Creationism but that really matters

If you haven't discarded it how can you be an atheist ?

Originally Posted by Enmos: "If you haven't discarded it how can you be an atheist?"

Because I don't "believe" in it.

Ahh, but at some point, you mist have heard or read about it. And it was at that point that you MUST have decided to believe it or not. See? You did make that determination!

Baron Max

because it's the truth. this is a discussion forum. :confused:

Discussion forums do not exist to spout unsupported beliefs.
In order to discuss it you should provide some evidence so I can bring some counter arguments to the table, or perhaps I'll have to agree.

Well, you seem anxious to argue in favor of it.

Do you think it is truth or not ?
I don't know........that's the point of agnostic.

We don't know how the universe was created, so we should keep every rational and logical possibility on the table. I'm not arguing in favor of it, I'm simply annoyed by atheists that don't understand the difference between higher intelligence and a guy in sheets.

I don't know........that's the point of agnostic.

We don't know how the universe was created, so we should keep every rational and logical possibility on the table. I'm not arguing in favor of it, I'm simply annoyed by atheists that don't understand the difference between higher intelligence and a guy in sheets.

So you are an agnostic, not an atheist ?

And FYI, agnostics are atheists. You either believe in god or you don't.

Discussion forums do not exist to spout unsupported beliefs.
In order to discuss it you should provide some evidence so I can bring some counter arguments to the table, or perhaps I'll have to agree.

my beliefs are supported by my experience. i have shared that with you to a degree, and would share anything with you in testimony, but you would have to agree that you will not experience exactly what i do, or perceive it in the same way i do.

we have argued about these experiences, but don't you see, i don't want to convince you. even if i did, i can not. this is something you have to experience for yourself, otherwise you can not truly believe it. there is nothing i can say that will convince you. but honestly, i am convinced.

I like to play with my food.
then i'll check back on you in five minutes.
bfrn20l.jpg

my beliefs are supported by my experience. i have shared that with you to a degree, and would share anything with you in testimony, but you would have to agree that you will not experience exactly what i do, or perceive it in the same way i do.

we have argued about these experiences, but don't you see, i don't want to convince you. even if i did, i can not. this is something you have to experience for yourself, otherwise you can not truly believe it. there is nothing i can say that will convince you. but honestly, i am convinced.
Well, this is of course true. But then, how I ever supposed to become a believer ?

Well, this is of course true. But then, how I ever supposed to become a believer ?

that's between you and god. right now we're discussing this in another thread. there came a point at which i was willing to give up control, and regardless of the consequence, i sincerely wanted to know. i can tell you that...that's when things changed, and he slowly presented himself to me.

Agnostic atheist.

Being an agnostic atheist doesn't mean that you don't know whether or not you believe in god.
Being agnostic just means that you acknowledge that you do not have definitive knowledge that a deity does not exist.
Being an agnostic atheist means that you do not believe in god while acknowledging that you do not have definitive knowledge that a deity does not exist.

that's between you and god. right now we're discussing this in another thread. there came a point at which i was willing to give up control, and regardless of the consequence, i sincerely wanted to know. i can tell you that...that's when things changed, and he slowly presented himself to me.

Giving up control over what ? And why did you decide to do that ?

Being an agnostic atheist doesn't mean that you don't know whether or not you believe in god.
Being agnostic just means that you acknowledge that you do not have definitive knowledge that a deity does not exist.
Being an agnostic atheist means that you do not believe in god while acknowledging that you do not have definitive knowledge that a deity does not exist.
Yes

Back