Does God have Respect for Life

free will entails the possibility of imperfection ..... unless of course you are number one in the universe.
That is why there are clear distinctions between god and the living entity, even though both share some qualitative similarities.

Then I have exercised my free will by not opting for one of two choices. Having two options, one of which is to choose to believe in god, must mean that if god is to exist then there is no way anyone can ever know if he does. Also there is no way anyone can be faulted for their choice. It is the ultimate free will package and yet we cannot know if god ordained it.

What does that mean? It means religion and all its trappings are total fiction. To study religion and base conclusions on it is a leson in futility. Unfortunately religious philosophers fall under that umbrella. I understand if one believes in something that might be, then it would be normal behavior to try and figure it out.

This is what I meant when I said it would have been much easier if god had said to try and figure out how he did it. No difference between philosophy and science in that regard. Science is doing a better job because it has something to work with and is yielding results. What has philosophizing over a god no one truly knows exists ever produced that's totally tangible and deals with our present reality?

Psychotic episode
Originally Posted by lightgigantic
free will entails the possibility of imperfection ..... unless of course you are number one in the universe.
That is why there are clear distinctions between god and the living entity, even though both share some qualitative similarities.

Then I have exercised my free will by not opting for one of two choices. Having two options, one of which is to choose to believe in god, must mean that if god is to exist then there is no way anyone can ever know if he does.
why do you say that?
(actually the free will is not to believe, but the free will to accept a state of being that reflects that choice - IOW material existence is the result of a choice)

Also there is no way anyone can be faulted for their choice. It is the ultimate free will package and yet we cannot know if god ordained it.
I'm not sure I follow
Free will means a person is not responsible for their decisions?
this statement has numerous problems - a good intro to them might be why do you suppose this doesn't hold up in court?
What does that mean? It means religion and all its trappings are total fiction. To study religion and base conclusions on it is a leson in futility.
first of all establish how atheism is not fiction

Unfortunately religious philosophers fall under that umbrella. I understand if one believes in something that might be, then it would be normal behavior to try and figure it out.
actually this is a good argument against atheism, since the basis is one of complete assumption
This is what I meant when I said it would have been much easier if god had said to try and figure out how he did it. No difference between philosophy and science in that regard. Science is doing a better job because it has something to work with and is yielding results. What has philosophizing over a god no one truly knows exists ever produced that's totally tangible and deals with our present reality?
you don't think that the changes the successful performance of religious discipline yield results?
I mean can you think of any advancements in the field of science that has helped people control their senses, become nicer people, give up wasting their life in pursuits of lust/wrath/envy etc etc
Actually i would argue that the advancements of science are completely superficial since all it does is simply refine animal propensities of eating, sleeping, mating and defending.
And if you add industrialism to that equation, you actually have an argument for doing it worse than the animals .....
:eek:

LG...Frankly I don't believe in free will either. People make decisions each day based on aforehand information. To me its a silly thing to talk about, freewill that is. Free will has been beaten to death. I prefer to let it remain that way.

The ultimate free will package I referred to earlier was the right to choose a god or not. Obviously there are certain things anyone could consider an abuse of free will. As for debating it, I just can't get fired up to have another go at it. Such a waste of time.

My philosophy:D remains the same. Pick a god or don't pick a god, be satisfied with your decision and leave it at that. Life is too short to waste any more time on decisions that are unprovable. If you want to philosophize it ad nauseum then be my guest. I can't and never will think any different. Perhaps being endowed with consciousness is a flaw in our makeup or it is a part of a collective consciousness permeating the universe. Whatever it may be is secondary to my living life in the only reality I know.

Or does He have to? Can you be a creator and still have respect for life even if it didn't turn out the way you planned

That implies you understand what he planned from the start, you aren't a mind reader much less someone who reads the minds of omnipotent entities.

Your question is pretty much baseless, it only works with a very naive assumption.

As far as respect is concerned, he probably respects the values, struggles and tragedies of the play he has created, as it's the most beautiful one ever written.

(If the spatio-temporal realm is all there is, it's also the only one ever created.)

Of course I asked him about how god could be respectful of human life and still find it necessary to destroy us now and then.

What is apparent to our humble species is not necessarily the full circumstances surrounding something.

You may have been doomed from the start and the APPARENT consequential actions which have lead to the destruction of many people, may have been mere theatrics.

Granted it's at the expense of lives, but then again you had the fortunate circumstance of living to begin with, so is death really that horrible; or have we simply conditioned ourselves to believe that?

I notice the lower case "G's" in God, it's nice to know you're attacking back at the religious right in a form of rebellion, but it's sad you would do so all the while following an equally dogmatic counter culture, which is built on tired rhetoric, failed philosophies, pseudo intellectual drivel and an absolute lack of objectivity.

But meh... the core of Western society is nothing more than "Yes men" and secretaries, why would I expect any different...

LG...Frankly I don't believe in free will either. People make decisions each day based on aforehand information. To me its a silly thing to talk about, freewill that is. Free will has been beaten to death. I prefer to let it remain that way.

The ultimate free will package I referred to earlier was the right to choose a god or not. Obviously there are certain things anyone could consider an abuse of free will. As for debating it, I just can't get fired up to have another go at it. Such a waste of time.
I've always wondered why a person who doesn't believe in free will would be bothered to argue anything

My philosophy:D remains the same. Pick a god or don't pick a god, be satisfied with your decision and leave it at that. Life is too short to waste any more time on decisions that are unprovable. If you want to philosophize it ad nauseum then be my guest. I can't and never will think any different. Perhaps being endowed with consciousness is a flaw in our makeup or it is a part of a collective consciousness permeating the universe. Whatever it may be is secondary to my living life in the only reality I know.
the root catalyst for philosophical inquiry is dissatisfaction.

I've always wondered why a person who doesn't believe in free will would be bothered to argue anything

Because that self important organ within their skull commands it.
There is no free will, all things are dictated by a series of material events.

Individuality/self consciousness being one of those things.

Because that self important organ within their skull commands it.
There is no free will, all things are dictated by a series of material events.

Individuality/self consciousness being one of those things.
so having known this, what does one hope to change by arguing for it?

so having known this, what does one hope to change by arguing for it?

"One" being myself? Oh, I hope whatever the material components that give rise to the immaterial entity better known as me order me to hope.

Why do you ask? (I ask out of their commanding me to ask)
:D
\/\/\/\/

Back