Eternal punishment

Lawdog said:
.When these souls pass into the next world they must endure the fires of purgatory, in which there is no equall pain on earth, nor any equal joy of coming bliss. This includes a huge portion of souls.
hate to urinate on your parade dawg..but those souls are just a fantasy,invented by the simpleminded way back then..

www.atheists.org/Atheism/mind.html
Theology and Tradition and Scripture teach that God is perfect being.
I disagree
If God was perfect He wouldnt create imperfect man,if he was All good and allmighty there would be no evil

Raithere said:
You're talking about a god that demands a blood sacrifice before he'll forgive you for breaking his rules.

Eternal torture fits in nicely with this ethic.

~Raithere

In the universe God created there is a principle of balance. Summer balanced by winter. To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. etc....
God is balancing eternal happiness for those that become Christians, against eternal punishment for those that refuse to become Christians.

ghost7584 said:
God is balancing eternal happiness for those that become Christians, against eternal punishment for those that refuse to become Christians.

God seems to be a pretty stupid and evil entity.. your comparison is invalid.

ghost7584: In the universe God created there is a principle of balance. Summer balanced by winter. To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. etc.... God is balancing eternal happiness for those that become Christians, against eternal punishment for those that refuse to become Christians.
M*W: Bull-fucking-shit! There is no god who is "balancing eternal happiness for those that become Christians!" That's absurd, but not an uncommon belief for christians. Boy, are they deluded!

ghost7584 said:
In the universe God created there is a principle of balance. Summer balanced by winter. To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. etc....
These are false dichotomies. But if we ignore that and accept this argument it means that God created the world with the full intent of creating eternal suffering. I find this immoral. It also means that God is either unable or unwilling to do better. Which, in either case, means he's not much of a god, IMO.

~Raithere

Saint said:
We are born as an imperfect being,
we are made by GOD (assuming creationism is true), He made us to be imperfect, therefore, why am I doomed in eternal hell for my wrong doings that are beyond my full control.

Where do people get this crap from? Nevermind, I know...

Listen, no one is doomed to hell for wrong doings. That is the opposite of what scripture says. Scripture says that your acts do not determine your salvation, but are merely a manifestation of your spiritual life into the physical world.

Salvation is here. You make a choice. You either want to live with God forever or you don't. It's that simple. In this life you are taught, through experience, the consequence of good and evil. You live and die by His law.

If you choose not to want anything to do with God, then that's exactly what you get...that's the definition of hell. And if you choose it every single day of your life, then why would anything change in the afterlife? Who says it can't change in the afterlife?

The real question is what do you want?

DarkEyedBeauty said:
"Knowing for sure" is arrogance...a sin. No one knows for sure, thats part of the faith.

If you're born again, trust me, you know it. When God interacts with you like that it changes everything. He's turned my whole life upside down. He takes my world like it's a little snow globe, shakes it up real good, and plops it back down. I'm still reeling from the last shake. It was a doozy. Knowledge of Him and His nature changes your perception about everything. Epiphanies for everyone! *cheers*

I find the concept of heaven as repulsive as hell. If I want to hurt someone, I can't. I have no free will. I rather spend in hell for eternity with Eistein, Thomas Paine, Ben Franklin than with ignorant Christians.

Saint said:
I want to go to heaven, but i don't want to carry my cross, ok? :D

ok, you're ready to go, all people go to "heaven" (nothingness) sooner or later, it's predetermined. if you want to go to heaven fast, try to be a good person. you ask good questions, that's a good thing i think...

there's really only one mind, and several consciousnesses. we're not several minds conscious of one universe, but one mind, conscious of an infinite number of 'personal' universes.

the point is that god never created us...
in fact there is no such thing as a god...
if ever there is a god... he's just a figment of our imagination...
nothing more nothing less!!!

Saint said:
why am I doomed in eternal hell for my wrong doings that are beyond my full control.

You are only doomed until you kick the butt of the god that created hell right back into his hell.
Then you might wake up and just kill yourself laughing at all the gods that would break down doors to give you their souls just to die laughing.

-- just thoughts

Back