Fat Fighters

I think that many people are willing to make only short-term commitments, it seems to be a general trend in "Western" society. I suspect that one of the factors that could significantly help people manage their weight (and many other things) is to learn to view things more in long-term perspective.
Short-term commitments are the reason so many people are so fat. It's bad enough that they put the weight back on and all their work is wasted. But yo-yo dieting actually causes them to become fatter than they would otherwise be.

A frightening trend in the USA today is that parents allow their children (mostly girls) to become obsessed with thinness. They're dieting (and barfing) themselves into truly unhealthy low weights, and they're also establishing a dangerous behavior pattern.

A frightening trend in the USA today is that parents allow their children (mostly girls) to become obsessed with thinness. They're dieting (and barfing) themselves into truly unhealthy low weights, and they're also establishing a dangerous behavior pattern.

As long as they don't have a true eating disorder I think it is a OK thing (though I'm not sure if you did mean eating disorders). What is the dangerous behavior pattern?

One thing I kind of worry about would be those kids getting over the counter "fat fighters". I've seen skinny girls browsing products intended for bodybuilders to reduce fat. I'll post more about those later assuming I make the time and anyone cares ;o

Back