God said kill you first son

Islam is the scapegoat of Xianity.

Originally posted by okinrus
No. There is one God and three persons.

More likely, it is one God that lives within one human race.

For this is the wording of the promise, "About this time I shall return and Sarah will have a son."

Okay, so Abraham returns and Sarah has a son, but the question remains unanswered--was it truly Abraham's son? There are other reliable sources that say he was not. In any event, the Bible DOES say that Ishmael is Abraham's first son.

By grace we keep the ten commandments. 1 John 3:24 "Those who keep his commandments remain in him, and he in them, and the way we know that he remains in us is from the Spirit that he gave us."

I agree totally with this statement. The spirit of God lives within us all--I agree that some people aren't aware of it, and some may reject this gift, but the gift was meant for the whole human race.

Atrocities what are you talking about. Answer the WTC. Oh these guys were just reading a few verses differently right?

The Muslims who flew into the WTC towers were terrorists. They were religious fanatics. The Muslims I know and work with were just as horrified at what these terrorists did, and they were shamed by it. Immediately, American Xians rose up against the Muslims in their neighborhoods and cities. Unfortunately, it was a few bad apples that condemned the whole barrel. Muslims are a peaceful people--more peaceful than the Xians have been during the past 2,000 years!

I am a seeker of truth. What I have found thus far in my personal search is that Jesus, if he existed, was not a part of Xianity as we know it today. Xianity today was concocted by Saul/Paul for personal gain. Xianity has changed with the tide over the past two millenia to retain those who fell away (you must realize the population of Xians is dropping fast). Islam nor the Quran has changed in any way. The Quran teaches peace not war, and it condemns terrorist activities, but Islam will live forever. One day Xianity will cease to exist.

Ok about the pig thing, the only reason why it is not reccomendable that you it the freakin animal is because their body (inner.. don't get all freaked out) structure is very similar to ours. It would be like eating another human. Surgeons have even used a pig's heart to replace the human one when it is really deffective. Now if you don't really care that its heart is like our then it the pig, you won't go to hell, I assure you.

That is not the reason. We are to eat the body of Christ and drink his blood.

Okay, so Abraham returns and Sarah has a son, but the question remains unanswered--was it truly Abraham's son? There are other reliable sources that say he was not. In any event, the Bible DOES say that Ishmael is Abraham's first son.
Yes. The point I'm making is that the Ishmael was Abraham's first son, but not his wife's firstborn. Therefore Ishmael cannot be considered the firstborn of Abraham and have the inheritance. I'm not sure what other reliable sources you mean.

The Muslims who flew into the WTC towers were terrorists. They were religious fanatics.
Yes, that's not the point. Most of the muslims you know are probably from the US/UK and are basically secular.

The Muslims I know and work with were just as horrified at what these terrorists did, and they were shamed by it.
This does not answer the the root reason why it occurred.

Muslims are a peaceful people--more peaceful than the Xians have been during the past 2,000 years!
Prove it. Muhammed fought in about 5 tribal wars against other tribes. The Ottoman empire fought the byzantine empire for many years. Much of Spain was conqured. India was ravished and a entire Buddhist temple was destroyed.

Xianity has changed with the tide over the past two millenia to retain those who fell away (you must realize the population of Xians is dropping fast).
Yes, this has all been prophesied. By 2020AD we will know that the end of the world is coming soon.

Islam nor the Quran has changed in any way. The Quran teaches peace not war, and it condemns terrorist activities, but Islam will live forever. One day Xianity will cease to exist.
Wait a minute. Is this the same book that I've read that says fight the unbelievers?

The Cow
[2.190] And fight in the way of Allah with those who fight with you, and do not exceed the limits, surely Allah does not love those who exceed the limits.
[2.191] And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers.
[2.193] And fight with them until there is no persecution, and religion should be only for Allah, but if they desist, then there should be no hostility except against the oppressors.
[2.216] Fighting is enjoined on you, and h is an object of dislike to you; and it may be that you dislike a thing while it is good for you, and it may be that you love a thing while it is evil for you, and Allah knows, while you do not know.
[2.217] They ask you concerning the sacred month about fighting in it. Say: Fighting in it is a grave matter, and hindering (men) from Allah's way and denying Him, and (hindering men from) the Sacred Mosque and turning its people out of it, are still graver with Allah, and persecution is graver than slaughter; and they will not cease fighting with you until they turn you back from your religion, if they can; and whoever of you turns back from his religion, then he dies while an unbeliever-- these it is whose works shall go for nothing in this world and the hereafter, and they are the inmates of the fire; therein they shall abide.
[2.244] And fight in the way of Allah, and know that Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
[2.246] Have you not considered the chiefs of the children of Israel after Musa, when they said to a prophet of theirs: Raise up for us a king, (that) we may fight in the way of Allah. He said: May it not be that you would not fight if fighting is ordained for you? They said: And what reason have we that we should not fight in the way of Allah, and we have indeed been compelled to abandon our homes and our children. But when fighting was ordained for them, they turned back, except a few of them, and Allah knows the unjust.

yes that is the reason. For one thing, I am not talking about the body of Christ, I am talking about is it right to eat pork. hope you got that all cleared out in your mind. anyway there is more in the world than the body of Christ and his blood to eat and drink.

Jesus was not from the world and the world is not in him. That's the point of eating and drinking his blood. When Jesus exorcised the evil spirit he sent them into swine. The water of baptism drowned the swine and washes us clean of evil spirits.

God puts an apple tree in the middle of the Garden of Eden and says, do what you like guys, oh, but don't eat the apple. Surprise surprise, they eat it and he leaps out from behind a bush shouting "Gotcha." It wouldn't have made any difference if they hadn't eaten it... because if you're dealing with somebody who has the sort of mentality which likes leaving hats on the pavement with bricks under them you know perfectly well they won't give up. They'll get you in the end. D.A.

The story of Adam and Eve does not mention an apple tree. I reject your rubbish. In the beginning mankind has only two choices to trust him or not to trust him. However after eating the fruit of knowledge of good and evil, they had the opportunity to commit many sins.

We are not cannibals because we do not eat dead flesh. Jesus' flesh is living flesh of the spirit and truth.

There have been some credible miracles of the host turning into blood. http://www.tldm.org/misc/HolyHour.htm

Cool even muslims saw this apparition <a href="http://members.aol.com/bjw1106/marian7.htm">one</a>

Originally posted by okinrus
We are not cannibals because we do not eat dead flesh.
Jesus' flesh is living flesh of the spirit and truth.
Does your religion also practice humor sacrifice?

In my opinion, some people really need to install
this program on their computer: HumorSense

Now Satan does have food and he does offer it to us.

Lol. I went to burger king today and just as i was about to eat i yelled "NO! This burger is possessed by satan!"

Personally i think nutcases like you should be locked away for the good of humanity.

"Callous, xenophobic, and lacking experience of the larger world, fundamentalists see the devil's hoofprints everywhere, in anything outside of their sheltered, one-dimensional lifestyle"

Anyways yes, Christ as given us the power to tread on serpents and scorpians.

Oh wow! The power to tread on serpents and scorpions lol. you make me laugh.. what a muppet.

Come round my house and try treading on my snake 'Ozzy'. I'd like to see how far you'd get, even with power given to you by jesus.

Yes, this has all been prophesied. By 2020AD we will know that the end of the world is coming soon.

Damn, just over 2000 years too late... wasn't it supposed to happen during the lifetimes of people in the bible? Maybe my bible has some added sections or something.... :rolleyes:

Furthemore, i can give you a billion other "end of the world" prophecies. They're made up by junkies, and believed by small minded twerps.

The story of Adam and Eve does not mention an apple tree. I reject your rubbish. In the beginning mankind has only two choices to trust him or not to trust him. However after eating the fruit of knowledge of good and evil, they had the opportunity to commit many sins.

I did this small page just for you: Here

We are not cannibals because we do not eat dead flesh.

So instead we drink the blood of the living? Wouldn't that make us vampires?

Not really. The myth about vampires comes from the middle ages in eastern europe. These were of course Orthodox Catholics who believed in the blood of Christ giving eternal life.

Lol. I went to burger king today and just as i was about to eat i yelled "NO! This burger is possessed by satan!"
Allegory though eating too many of those burgers might be sinful. Satan does offer the wine of halotry to which all of nations kings shall be drunk on.

Oh wow! The power to tread on serpents and scorpions lol. you make me laugh.. what a muppet.
Come round my house and try treading on my snake 'Ozzy'. I'd like to see how far you'd get, even with power given to you by jesus.
Allegory again. I thought I explained to you what these mean before. The wine of the serpent is his venom and this is the drink of the devil. When your drunk off of it your body slowly dies.

Damn, just over 2000 years too late... wasn't it supposed to happen during the lifetimes of people in the bible? Maybe my bible has some added sections or something....
When Jesus said Mathew 24:33 "In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place." It appeared to some that he was talking about the Judgement happening to this generation of man. But I'm almost certain that he was talking about the generation of fig trees. Supposively the Garden of Olives has some fig trees over 2000 years old, but I only saw that on TV.

I did this small page just for you: Here
As I explained before. Knowing God meant having grace. It wasn't just knowledge, they were one with God's perfect goodness.

Not really. The myth about vampires comes from the middle ages in eastern europe. These were of course Orthodox Catholics who believed in the blood of Christ giving eternal life.

Actually the vampiric legends come from all over the place through countless different addons. European by design perhaps, (dracula), but the victim of non-stop added changes and updates. christianity has a lot to do with many of these additions, (such as vampires having no reflections etc). The blood of christ garbage is one of those further addons.

However, what makes you think vampires are mere myth?

Allegory though eating too many of those burgers might be sinful. Satan does offer the wine of halotry to which all of nations kings shall be drunk on.

Lol, i feel deeply sorry for you.

Allegory again. I thought I explained to you what these mean before. The wine of the serpent is his venom and this is the drink of the devil. When your drunk off of it your body slowly dies.

Well, you thought wrong. I don't know who beat you at a young age, or what trauma you have gone through in life, but the way you see everything as being the devil is truly saddening. I will quote again:

"Callous, xenophobic, and lacking experience of the larger world, fundamentalists see the devil's hoofprints everywhere, in anything outside of their sheltered, one-dimensional lifestyle"

When Jesus said Mathew 24:33 "In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place." It appeared to some that he was talking about the Judgement happening to this generation of man. But I'm almost certain that he was talking about the generation of fig trees. Supposively the Garden of Olives has some fig trees over 2000 years old, but I only saw that on TV.

Almost certain he was talking about fig trees? Lol man.... But now you have me fascinated- show me everything that suggests he's talking about fig trees...

Who knows, maybe when he was talking about sin- he was referring to a coconut tree.

As I explained before. Knowing God meant having grace. It wasn't just knowledge, they were one with God's perfect goodness.

What have you explained? And this comment of yours in no way changes what that page says. If you call that a rebuttal, be ashamed.

[qoute]
However, what makes you think vampires are mere myth?
[/quote]
I believe in succubi and incubi. As to vampires being a myth yes they are. Any reality to them would be demons taking vampire like form.

Well, you thought wrong. I don't know who beat you at a young age, or what trauma you have gone through in life, but the way you see everything as being the devil is truly saddening.
I don't see everything as the devil.

I'm not a fundamentalist.

Almost certain he was talking about fig trees? Lol man.... But now you have me fascinated- show me everything that suggests he's talking about fig trees...

Who knows, maybe when he was talking about sin- he was referring to a coconut tree.
In the context given, Jesus was speaking infront of some fig trees close to the Garden of Olives. Here's the full quote.
"Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass way until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away." You might see some parallels to Genesis because Adam and Eve covered themselves with fig leaves.

What have you explained? And this comment of yours in no way changes what that page says. If you call that a rebuttal, be ashamed.
Your trying to find a contradiction when there is none. Grace is being one with God and following his word.

I believe in succubi and incubi. As to vampires being a myth yes they are. Any reality to them would be demons taking vampire like form.

Lol. So demons exist but vampires don't? What makes you think demons exist and vampires don't? Do you have anything to offer to the credibility of that?

I don't see everything as the devil.

Nooooo, of course not.

I'm not a fundamentalist.

Aha...

In the context given, Jesus was speaking infront of some fig trees close to the Garden of Olives. Here's the full quote.
"Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass way until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away." You might see some parallels to Genesis because Adam and Eve covered themselves with fig leaves.

Lol man you know how to make a guy laugh in the morning. Don't be pathetic please. If you honestly attach any basis of reality into that comment i will be shocked. You guys do whatever pleases you..... If anyone shows contradictions- you guys call it metaphor, but when it suits you- you twist and turn everything so far out of context it's bizarre. What's worse is you don't even realise the stupidity in what you say. If he had have been in front of a mountain you would have said the same thing then added: you might see some parallels with god giving moses stones on a mountain. If i remember correctly it was you who also said jesus was the stone that moses hit.... it's downright stupid. If you need to make things up as you go along why even use the bible? might aswell just say whatever sits in your damaged brain and be done with it. Furthermore i don't know if you've ever been in the areas of biblical history but fig trees are probably the most common tree you'll find. However there's really no need for me to say any of this... c'mon im sure you're smart enough to figure it out for yourself.

"learn a lesson from the fig tree when it spouts leaves summer is near"

He's saying you'll see signs of the approaching end. He said that end would happen in the lifetimes of that generation. It didn't happen, and no, not in the lifetimes of the fig trees

Your trying to find a contradiction when there is none. Grace is being one with God and following his word.

You're completely going off the point. Read the page again, i think you missed it.

Lol. So demons exist but vampires don't? What makes you think demons exist and vampires don't? Do you have anything to offer to the credibility of that?
I have spoken with them. Demons feed on the flesh of soul and in way could be described as vampires, but the conventual definition is more movie and Bramstoker's imagination.

If i remember correctly it was you who also said jesus was the stone that moses hit.... it's downright stupid.
I don't remember saying that, but the symbolism is there in the story, because from Jesus living water flows and Jesus represents the corner stone. When people use language like that they do not mean that Jesus is the very stone that Jesus struck or that Jesus is a stone.

If you honestly attach any basis of reality into that comment i will be shocked.
I'm not sure what you mean. In that sentance Jesus could be refering either to the fig trees or to that generation of disciples. I conclude that it's more likely to be the fig tree for obvious reasons. Before that, Jesus made a fig tree dry up. So he's contrasting the fig tree that dried up with the others that had firstfruits(figs were out of season but the ones that had firstfruits would produce a greater harvest). So when he said this generation would see, he was surely speaking the fig trees which had fruit. Hosea 9:10 "Like grapes in the desert, I found Israel; Like the first fruits of the fig tree in its prime, I considered your fathers. When they came to Baal-peor and consecrated themselves to the Shame, they became as abhorrent as the thing they love." Baal-peor referances Numbers 25. Baalam rode into the camp of the Israelites on a donkey just like Jesus.

He's saying you'll see signs of the approaching end. He said that end would happen in the lifetimes of that generation. It didn't happen, and no, not in the lifetimes of the fig trees
From the Book of Enoch

Observe and see how (in the winter) all the trees seem as though they had withered and shed all their leaves, except fourteen trees, which do not lose their foliage but retain the old foliage from two to three years till the new comes.

And again, observe ye the days of summer how the sun is above the earth over against it. And you seek shade and shelter by reason of the heat of the sun, and the earth also burns with growing heat, and so you cannot tread on the earth, or on a rock by reason of its heat.

1 Observe ye how the trees cover themselves with green leaves and bear fruit: wherefore give ye heed and know with regard to all His works, and recognize how He that liveth for ever hath made them so. 2 And all His works go on thus from year to year for ever, and all the tasks which they accomplish for Him, and their tasks change not, but according as God hath ordained so is it done. 3 And behold how the sea and the rivers in like manner accomplish and change not their tasks from His commandments'.

I remember on the TV show. The mount of Olives has fig trees some of which are 2000 years old. I'm not sure if I would say that a 2000 year old fig tree is miraculus. I don't study a fig trees, but here's an example of a 1000 year old one.

"Our town is situated around a village green much like england, except, within 5 mins walk from the town centre is 5 acres of bush with magnificent 1,000 year old fig trees and around 200,000 to 400,000 red headed flying foxes (depending on the season) also the Manning river runs along the edge of the 'Brush' as we call it. there are no street lights, parking cops, Mcdonalds. Wingham is the gateway to the scenic hinterland and mountainous catchment that feeds into the Manning, nearly all bush ! "
http://www.andybarson.btinternet.co.uk/hometab.htm

Back